Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Old 04-20-2014, 04:20 PM   #1
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Talking 2015 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway: You're Invited!

Name:  HPDE.jpg
Views: 791
Size:  152.1 KB

It's that time again...a great opportunity for you to come hang out with some Camaro5 people for some good fun and racing!
WHEN: October 16th, 2015. 8am - 5pm

WHERE: Gingerman Raceway (61414 County Road 388, South Haven Charter Township, MI 49090)

WHO: All Experience Levels welcome! Novices encouraged!

HOW MUCH: $199.00 (+$50 for Instructors)

WHAT: This is a HPDE, a High Performance Driving Event. But it is also educational for the novice and experienced driver alike! Camaro5 is very excited to have partnered once again with CGI Motorsports to offer a race-day with instructors available, and you get as much track time as you can handle! Participants run for 20 minutes at a time, with a 40-minute rest/cool down time in between runs.

You must bring your own car, prep your own car, and understand that you will be pushing your vehicle past the performance and speed limits it reaches in day-to-day driving. Passing is allowed in certain ares of the track, depending on the class you are in. There will be a mandatory drivers meeting in the morning to explain all of this.

**Automotive Racing helmets are required**
Name:  HPDE preview.jpg
Views: 844
Size:  521.6 KB

INSTRUCTIONS:
Please read all of the following carefully

We have established a special rate with CGI, to attract as many Camaro owners as we can for this date. Last year we had a blast!!

1) You'll need to register using CGI's website, which can be found here:
http://cgimotorsports.com/Home_Page.php

(Note the famous BeckyD's Bella Diabla ZL1 on the front page!)

2) Scroll to the lower left-hand side of the page and click on "Friday - October 16"

3) Locate the "choose one" Run Group selector, and choose the Group you feel most comfortable with: Novice, Intermediate, Advanced.

**PLEASE NOTE: It is better to choose low if you're unsure, and "graduate" during the day. If you choose "Advanced", for instance, and you fail to demonstrate ability - you will be asked to drive with one of the less experienced Run Groups. Likewise, if you feel you can run with a more advanced group, accommodations may be made. This is not a competition, and there is no peer-pressure to "show off". Drive safe. Most Camaro participants will likely be running in the Novice Group, anyways.

4) Scroll to the bottom of the page, and select whether or not you would like an instructor to be available to you. Instructors will cost an additional $50 for Intermediate and Advanced participants, the cost is INCLUDED with the Novice Run Group Price.

**Please note: Instructors are REQUIRED for Novice drivers. These experienced drivers will coach, guide, and teach you new ways to approach a racetrack with your personal vehicle. They can drive if you prefer, or ride throughout the day. Take advantage of the expertise they provide to improve your performance driving skills!

5) Click "Add to Cart", and Register (If new to CGI) or Log In (If returning from last year)

6) Select that you will be driving at the event, and click "save and continue". Enter your vehicle's information...

7) When you are on the page where you must enter your credit card information, make sure you input the "CAMARO5" Promotional Code in the bottom of the page to ensure you receive Camaro5 pricing, and get included in our reservation count.

If there are any questions, feel free to post them below or PM me - and I would be happy to help in whatever way I can.

Happy Racing, and We'll see you there on the 4th!

PLEASE POST WHEN YOU'VE REGISTERED SO I CAN KEEP A LIST OF ATTENDEES & THEIR CARS IN THE NEXT POST.
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:44 PM   #2
Mr. Wyndham

bump!
Old 06-10-2015, 01:36 PM   #3
hcsi99
Cadillac Service Manager

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS, 1LE, NPP, RECAROS
Can't wait!
Old 06-10-2015, 02:06 PM   #4
mbowen89

Drives: 2015 CRT 2SS/RS 1LE
I did my first track day at Gingerman with CGI just this May and was a blast! I got very lucky and was able to sign up at last minute because another instructor was attending.

Short story, I am having a baby this month etc etc so I hate to make a reservation so early... how likely will this event sell out? Is it only for us Camaro5 members?

I sure hope I can make it, especially since Gingerman is the only track I know right now and look forward to gaining more experience.
mbowen89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 03:29 PM   #5
hcsi99
Cadillac Service Manager

2015 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway: You're Invited!

Last years event only had 30 or so cars and maybe 7 of those were Camaros. They are also repaving the track as we speak!
Old 06-11-2015, 12:10 AM   #6
RJT2SSRS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Thanks for arrainging the track day Mr. Wyndham. I am signed up also. Looking forward
to the track day.
2010 2SS/RS L99 CAI intake Stainless Works headers and Hi-flow cats CORSA cat back exhaust livernois motorsports dyno tune VMAX throttle body ELITE catch can GM clean side catch can 2014 lca BMR rear toe links PEDDERS Supercar suspension PEDDERS poly subframe bushings JPSS BLACK MAGIC rear sway bar DSS 1000 hp axles 1LE wheels Michelin 285/35 tires CTS-V front brake upgrade fuel rail flip heater hose relocation

Last edited by RJT2SSRS; 09-03-2015 at 10:01 AM.
RJT2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:37 AM   #7
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbowen89 View Post
I did my first track day at Gingerman with CGI just this May and was a blast! I got very lucky and was able to sign up at last minute because another instructor was attending.

Short story, I am having a baby this month etc etc so I hate to make a reservation so early... how likely will this event sell out? Is it only for us Camaro5 members?

I sure hope I can make it, especially since Gingerman is the only track I know right now and look forward to gaining more experience.
It's not exclusively for Camaro owners, but the special rate is unique to us, so we can all go at the same time. Just make sure you use the promo code!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcsi99 View Post
Last years event only had 30 or so cars and maybe 7 of those were Camaros. They are also repaving the track as we speak!
YES!! I can't wait to get back out on fresh pavement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT2SSRS View Post
Thanks for arraigning the track day Mr. Wyndham. I am signed up also. Looking forward
to the trackday.
No problem - it's my pleasure!! I love these things!
Old 07-06-2015, 11:12 AM   #8
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
I ran at Gingerman this past weekend. The new paving job is great! And the ice cream at Shermans Dairy seems even tastier this year.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 12:18 PM   #9
masterguns95 1LE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Crap, out of country again. Someday....

Last edited by masterguns95 1LE; 07-09-2015 at 01:15 AM.
masterguns95 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 09:46 PM   #10
MaizeMaro

Drives: Bright Yellow 15 SS 1LE
Definitely interested!! Just curious, it's not showing up under Lockton's event list, do you know if they'll be offering HPDE insurance for this one?
MaizeMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 03:30 PM   #11
mbowen89

Drives: 2015 CRT 2SS/RS 1LE
What if the weather is cold, like 40s? Won't my 1LE tires be worthless!?
mbowen89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 05:32 PM   #12
hcsi99
Cadillac Service Manager

Hope it doesn't drop in the 40's that early.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:38 AM   #13
Speedfreak391
One man Army

Drives: 1987 Iroc Players car
It could, it is Michigan. YA KNOW.

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS with a K&N cold air Stainless Power headers, Magnaflow cat-back, staggered TSW Nurburgring's just a great daily driver.
Speedfreak391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 08:44 AM   #14
hcsi99
Cadillac Service Manager

It could also be 90 degrees.