Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-11-2010, 11:18 AM   #757
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMCamaro View Post
Hey everyone,
After viewing this forum since 2/09, I just joined this AM. Two reasons I'm posting here is I have been a lifelong Camaro enthusist even before I could drive and I just ordered a 10 IBM 2LT RS with gray cyber stripes!! I believe my hair loss has reversed and I lost 10 lbs since ordering....

I always wanted a 68 Camaro when I first got my license and ended up with a 71 Camaro and what a wonderful car that ended up being for me. I always have kicked myself about letting that go.

But now I'm getting a car that is truly something that I have dreamed of getting. Yes I could try to get a 68 Camaro....but I get all the current safety, higher mpg and power that is definitely right up there with my first Camaro and with all the modern conveniences.

Bottom line...way to go GM you hit a homerun on this design!! I see everyone's passion in getting every detail their way... but you really can't fault such a kick ass car. A huge corporation such as GM can't make all the changes in one year and can't please all the people all of the time. But on this 5th gen it has definitely pleased over 100,000 in one year and turned many more heads than one could count.
Welcome to the site!!!
Old 04-11-2010, 07:19 PM   #758
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
WOW, okay no wonder GM is making the Cynergy Green a standard color on all models, i just saw a Special Edition Synergy Green car (the one only available for limited time in the extremely stripped V6) and it was going for...get this...$33,000! WTF!?! $33k for an LT!?! Thats rediculous, thats like what? $11k more than a normal LT? If GM wanted to promote V6 sales through that its an utter fail and i applaude them for seeing that problem and fixing it
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:08 PM   #759
rjcamaro
312 HP

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT
On the hp issue I spoke to my Sales Manager when I picked up my car and he insisted that there was a change to the engine to get the 312hp, minor but was a change. Take it for what it's worth.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:09 PM   #760
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcamaro View Post
On the hp issue I spoke to my Sales Manager when I picked up my car and he insisted that there was a change to the engine to get the 312hp, minor but was a change. Take it for what it's worth.
He was lying or misunderstood the press release.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:04 PM   #761
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
WOW, okay no wonder GM is making the Cynergy Green a standard color on all models, i just saw a Special Edition Synergy Green car (the one only available for limited time in the extremely stripped V6) and it was going for...get this...$33,000! WTF!?! $33k for an LT!?! Thats rediculous, thats like what? $11k more than a normal LT? If GM wanted to promote V6 sales through that its an utter fail and i applaude them for seeing that problem and fixing it
The LT starts at $24,730 including destination. Synergy green adds $2060 and requires the C&C package ($760). So the starting price (with a manual transmission) is $26,790. Now, the dealer is free to add any options they want when they order, and then charge what they want. With every possible thing you can order it with (down to lock nuts and a car cover) it will total $32,710 but a more likely well optioned car would be about $30k, give or take. However, your local dealer is free to jack up the price by any amount they wish and GM can't do a thing to stop it.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:42 PM   #762
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
The LT starts at $24,730 including destination. Synergy green adds $2060 and requires the C&C package ($760). So the starting price (with a manual transmission) is $26,790. Now, the dealer is free to add any options they want when they order, and then charge what they want. With every possible thing you can order it with (down to lock nuts and a car cover) it will total $32,710 but a more likely well optioned car would be about $30k, give or take. However, your local dealer is free to jack up the price by any amount they wish and GM can't do a thing to stop it.
Well now you can get one for $24k =D
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:52 PM   #763
Kycamaross
RED JEWEL inthe BLUEGRASS

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS, 01 S-10 Xtreme
Scotty, maybe you can answer this question, or anybody on here that ordered before production began on the 2010..... About how long was it from first date of production of the entire line to the date you picked up your camaro's from the dealer?? In other words, first date of production for the 2011 is scheduled for June 7th. realistically, are we talking July, August, maybe even September, before delivery??? Also can you anyone tell me if GM or your Dealer kept you updated on the progress and estimated delivery? Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!
Kycamaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:08 PM   #764
CUPRA

Drives: '21 Bronco OBX/'18 Jeep GC Altitude
I'm so excited... I placed my order for a 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS on Saturday! I haven't stopped smiling since! Order will go in the system on May 6th, the official build date of the 2011's begins on June 7th and then Eric (Classic Chevrolet) said that the delivery could be late July, early August from his experience. I don't mind how long it takes, as long as it's built well, with love and attention to detail, at least I know it's coming!
CUPRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:20 PM   #765
Kycamaross
RED JEWEL inthe BLUEGRASS

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS, 01 S-10 Xtreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUPRA View Post
I'm so excited... I placed my order for a 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS on Saturday! I haven't stopped smiling since! Order will go in the system on May 6th, the official build date of the 2011's begins on June 7th and then Eric (Classic Chevrolet) said that the delivery could be late July, early August from his experience. I don't mind how long it takes, as long as it's built well, with love and attention to detail, at least I know it's coming!

Cupra, Did he say whether or not he will be able to keep you posted on the progress i.e. date your camaro goes into production, finish date, ship date and estimated date of delivery???

Congrats on your upcoming Permagrin!!!
Kycamaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:03 AM   #766
Camaro_Joe

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
The HUD would be cool, but don't think it would be worth the time/$$ to put one on a 2010.
Camaro_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:56 AM   #767
vwa3guy
Ryan

Drives: 1LT RS
How can they be going into production june 7th but you still can't order one yet and the dealerships aren't getting any real info? I need to put my order in ASAP but I would like to know if there are any color changes other than the synergy green.
vwa3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:35 PM   #768
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Went to my dealer today to get my HHR's oil changed, talked to a salesman about the synergy green being available on all the camaros for a limited time at the first of the 2011 run, and he had not heard anything about it, same for the HUD and the 312HP on the V6... Someone needs to get these guys up to date...
Old 04-12-2010, 12:38 PM   #769
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Went to my dealer today to get my HHR's oil changed, talked to a salesman about the synergy green being available on all the camaros for a limited time at the first of the 2011 run, and he had not heard anything about it, same for the HUD and the 312HP on the V6... Someone needs to get these guys up to date...
Honestly - Are you really surprised?
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:50 PM   #770
GreenMonster
Its all about the U

Drives: 2010 SGM
dude str8ten ur facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
Go to chevrolet.com the synergy msrp's at 26k-28k(automatic) that dealership puts a 5k profit on top n if u believe that then youll believe anything. my synergy had the same sticker window price I told them whats on the site and they gave it to me at 28k automatic..

Tags
2011, 2011 camaro, 2011 chevrolet camaro, 2011 chevy camaro, trolls