Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-08-2014, 12:15 AM   #99
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro V6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
I realize I may be a bit late to the game, but here is my story. Before I bought my Camaro, I randomly test drove one off a lot in Ann Arbor. Through out the whole drive just thought it performed OK,. That was the first time I every drove a Camaro too, I was expecting it to be epic! The car I bought came with Borla exhausts already installed and it made a world of difference. Mine also came with a K&N CAI and together they really woke up the engine and gave me the performance I had expected from the beginning. The Borla is silent most of the time from inside the cabin except for a beautiful start up burble, and then it produces a very sweet sound just about 2,000 RPM getting better and better as the RPMs increase. My old 4cyl had straight pipes that made an annoying hum at just about all speeds, so I am more than happy about the performance, sound and look of the Borla pipes. I especially love the way they hang down below the bumper! Reading through all the posts, it looks like any brand is better than stock!
Attached Images

rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:33 AM   #100
A_DILLA
Optimus Prime

Drives: Camaro ZLS [COTW 09/22/14]
Here is my setup! I have the Roto-fab CAI, magnaflow X pipe with deleted resonator, full boar Jones racing mufflers, custom 4 " tips with the IPF Tune. Sounds like a track car and some say it sounds like a Ferrari or exotic car after 4000rpm.. under 3000 sounds like a beast with deep tone..
Attached Images

A_DILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 12:34 PM   #101
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_DILLA View Post
Here is my setup! I have the Roto-fab CAI, magnaflow X pipe with deleted resonator, full boar Jones racing mufflers, custom 4 " tips with the IPF Tune. Sounds like a track car and some say it sounds like a Ferrari or exotic car after 4000rpm.. under 3000 sounds like a beast with deep tone..
Excuse ignorance, but ZLs?
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:02 PM   #102
A_DILLA
Optimus Prime

Drives: Camaro ZLS [COTW 09/22/14]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
Excuse ignorance, but ZLs?
Yes sir, it was a 2LS and I have 11k in it and did the whole ZL1 Conversion and made it my own ZLS.
A_DILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 06:54 PM   #103
13umble13ee

Drives: 2012 1LS V6 LFX
I installed a magnaflow resonated x pipe and muffler delete earlier this week. Got rid of all that restrictive pipe and opened it up to 2.5'' pipe all the way back. (reused the stock tips from oem mufflers For anyone wanting to do exhaust I recommend this as a starting point since I see most guys love the xpipe with all systems. then from there you can add mufflers or whatever you want. sounds great when you go WOT and only drone at 2500 RPM.
13umble13ee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 03:53 PM   #104
ramahl

Drives: 2014 camaro LS
[QUOTE=dmginc;7564492]Magnaflow resonated x-pipe and muffler delete. it sounds nice and is the cheapest option. I just got my x-pipe today and having the work done this week, there are a couple of other guys on here that have already done it.

[/QUOTE

i want this. where can i get that x pipe from magna flow
Old 06-19-2014, 03:54 PM   #105
ramahl

Drives: 2014 camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13umble13ee View Post
I installed a magnaflow resonated x pipe and muffler delete earlier this week. Got rid of all that restrictive pipe and opened it up to 2.5'' pipe all the way back. (reused the stock tips from oem mufflers For anyone wanting to do exhaust I recommend this as a starting point since I see most guys love the xpipe with all systems. then from there you can add mufflers or whatever you want. sounds great when you go WOT and only drone at 2500 RPM.
where did you buy your x pipe
Old 06-19-2014, 04:14 PM   #106
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramahl View Post
where did you buy your x pipe
We have them on our website. Part # 11386

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:42 PM   #107
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
I just ordered the MRT V-2 axle-back set yesterday.....I'll let you know how I feel about it after I get it and find a shop to weld it on for me.
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:01 PM   #108
BUZZCAMARO

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS Inferno Orange
Here's an update on my exhaust:

What I have on it right now: factory H pipe cut out, and have the Mag. Res. X. in it's place, from there I have the factory 2.25" pipe with it's resonators going back to the rear axel area, from there nothing because I removed the factory mufflers for an axel back system I tried.

I'm thinking of going straight pipe from the Magnaflow Resonated X pipe, and that pipe would be 2.5". I've driven it around quite a bit as it is now and it sounds great from about 4K RPM on upward. But I get allot of cabin drone during normal cruze, overall not a very refined sound.

So this is what I'm thinking of doing, any suggestions would be appreciated. I had an appointment at a high - end shop for them to install 2.5" SS. from the Mag on back to the dual quad tips, said on phone about $600 for that. Had to cancel it cause the parts didn't arrive in time
which is a 1LE diffuser and set of dual quad tips (got them now ready to go).

Now, I have another idea, I'd like to buy 2 x 7.5' x 2.5" Stainless steel pipes, hook it up with clamps, this way I'd get to hear what it would sound like BEFORE they weld it all in. I figure this way, there would be no way I'd drive off with something that is not what I expected. So if I like how it sounds, than they could use the exhaust tubing I supply and of course I'd call them to find out if this would be o.k, find out how much if I supply the tubing, any other details. They usually get very snippy when you want to supply any parts so you don't expect a big discount. I don't expect to get the same amount I pay for the tubing subtracted, I know they get it at wholesale prices.

I just want to make sure this isn't going to drone too much or be too loud, so by clamping in this straight pipe and test driving it, I'll know is this is my cup of tea or not, no guess work, no regrets, and no going back to spend more money to have them install some kind of other muffler in conjunction with the Mag. Res. X to quiet it down.

Last edited by BUZZCAMARO; 06-19-2014 at 05:16 PM.
BUZZCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:40 PM   #109
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
I think I posted here before already but I have the magnaflow axle back set up, got it around $380 on sale at warehouse discount since I work at a shop, and it was still quiet at idle but sounds great when stepping on it, which is what I wanted

Now that I've added my rotofab CAI it sounds even better, I can hear the engine roaring up with the exhaust, makes a huge difference. Idle is still not too loud but I like it that way. I'd delete resonators to fix that if I wanted to
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:50 PM   #110
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
For those that installed the magnaflow resonated X - can you use exhaust clamps to install it, or do you need to have it welded? I'm cheap, and if I can get the resonated X and just band clamp it and not have to pay to have someone weld it in that'd be awesome.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:16 PM   #111
'13Inferno

Drives: '13 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
For those that installed the magnaflow resonated X - can you use exhaust clamps to install it, or do you need to have it welded? I'm cheap, and if I can get the resonated X and just band clamp it and not have to pay to have someone weld it in that'd be awesome.
I would suggest going to an exhaust shop. I had the shop cut out my h pipe and weld in the x pipe. It wasn't that expensive
Old 07-02-2014, 03:26 PM   #112
gmooney72

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS
Magnaflow is the best

Magnaflow exhaust system. Resonated X pipe with 2 round 4" polishes stainless steel mufflers with OEM tips. Awesome sound no drone noise at all in any rpm range.
gmooney72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
borla, exhaust, loud, magnaflow, v6 engine