Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-06-2013, 07:24 AM   #29
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Sun View Post
Forget that go somewhere else. After this I would have to see how service work is handled
this. there are too many Chevy dealers out there to waste god knows how much time with this one.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:38 AM   #30
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
As a representative of the dealership the prior used car manager made a deal with you that is binding on the dealership, and you have the right to sue. Filing paperwork can be a pain though but once they were slapped with the paperwork which would in most county circuit courts cost here in oregon $70 say they would sing a different tune. The company knows the name of the used car manager and can talk to him about the deal, they think they have you over a barrel, well you also have thme over one too. The used car manager took a set of your rims in on the deal in leau of the final sale and you have a right ot them back!!! Also they have to honor the verbal contract that you went forward with in good faith!!!!!!!!!!!!! Despite what they say, Spit out these words I am talking in leagaleaze to the manager over the phone and be very pissed off and tell them you are going to file in small claims court for the loss of the deal and your rims. And let the judge decide who owes who what, You have loss of a deal.....they lacked the intergrity to back up a contract thats breech of contract and if you had it in writing that would be best and for court you would need the used car manager to be a witness and could have him subpoenaed, Loss of use of a car that was supposed to be yours is probably not a viable thing to many but can add money to the claim, and certainly loss of your rims. I would have tracked down the used car manager by his name and found him in the phone book.....They have to live up to their promises, I know I work for corrections, and have successfully sued someone, and having filed also forced a used car lot to pay for all my repairs i did on a vehicle i traded in else where because they did not take it back of fix it to honor their "we owe"....I bought a car else where as one of their ex salemen called me and said "hey come here I know your getting jacked around"..................And he gave me a fair deal. If sued you have had to put out effort to show how pissed and money to file against the lot, that shows you mean business and are not going to raped over the barrel.............And yes with a custom order car you are lucky to get any incentive.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:01 AM   #31
guapo
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro LT2/RS
Its been said, 1. Do you have paperwork? 2. You will only get the insertives at time of delevery. Tell them you want to talk to the owner. See what happens let us know.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:03 AM   #32
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
That is one advantage with Ford. When you order, the rebates are figured in. If the rebates get better, you get the better deal. If the rebates get worse, you get the price that was agreed upon at the time of order. It's really nice.

Apparently GM doesn't do that?
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:20 AM   #33
mcbeth15

Drives: '11 RS 2LT IBM
First name this dealer so others here on C5 in your area don't fall prey to this outfit. Second go to GM and report this scum bag. Third go to any other competitors in the area and see what they can do. I hope it all works out for you but either way you're always welcome to vent here.
mcbeth15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:36 AM   #34
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
If it was me I wouldn't want to buy from this dealer after going through this. Don't waste your time fighting with them or badmouthing them. If you act quickly you may still be able to order a 2013 1LE from somebody else. I can understand them not honoring an expired rebate but they should have notified you when it was going to expire so you weren't surprised when you came in to complete the deal. They definitely should have honored the trade in value despite their used car manager leaving. Most sales departments are revolving doors for their employees so they should be quite familiar with handling deals like yours.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:47 AM   #35
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
If it was me I wouldn't want to buy from this dealer after going through this. Don't waste your time fighting with them or badmouthing them. If you act quickly you may still be able to order a 2013 1LE from somebody else. I can understand them not honoring an expired rebate but they should have notified you when it was going to expire so you weren't surprised when you came in to complete the deal.
they RE TRYING to honor an expired rebate, because its less than the current one - which is actually the one he is supposed to get. this dealer is an idiot...and like posted above you might have a legal stance as well...looks to me like giving you the deal they agreed to isn't the worst possible outcome in this for the dealer lol. I would first name the dealer here and everywhere, call chevy and email them along with BBB - I would post everywhere - and I would call them speak to the owner or manager - and tell them you are doing this too! I would tell them they ave a small window to make this right otherwise you will go elsewhere - they aren't the only dealer around...and not only that your friends, family, and anyone else you can possibly talk to wont go to them either. tell them - they will loose possibly tens of thousands over this deal. oh - and if it were me - that window would be hours...we put a man on the moon - I am sure they can manage to sell you a car for the agreed deal.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:14 AM   #36
BigPopa71

Drives: Dark Knight
I would get my money back and walk away from the deal! Always remain in control of the deal. They know us Camaro owners will do anything to get our cars and they can probably tell your excited about taking ownership of that 1LE. Walk away because in a few months everyone will be in line for the Z/28 and you will be able to get a killer deal. He's trying to bend you over!
BigPopa71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:24 AM   #37
2xSSRS

Drives: 2017 SS Black on Black A8
This is America... Sue 'Em.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:26 AM   #38
AquaSSRS

Drives: formerly a AGM ZL1 (sold)
What dealership is this? I have been in contact with a dealer in the bronx about a ZL1 and they seem to not want to sell it. I sent them like 4 emails asking for pictures and answers to some questions, no replies that were useful. Then I called and was told I would get a return call, never happened. I am 2 hours away and want to know these things before I drive up there. They have now lost my business and I may drive farther for the exact car I want. Don't let them take advantage of you, if you have paperwork then show it to them and threathen with a lawyer. If that doesn't work then get your deposit and go somewhere else.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #39
Oldag

Drives: 2013 2SS Convertible, LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
I am not a dealer , nor work or worked for one
But he is right when he told you ,,,, all the discounts , money back , whatever applies to the car you are buying , can only be applied to the deal , the ones that valid at the time of delivery . Not the ones from where you place the order . Period
I have been told that that the deals in effect when the deposit was placed are what will be honored, not what is in effect when delivered.
Oldag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #40
steel insane

Drives: 2012 2LT Black (Vengeance)
If you have paperwork, an agreement to do the deal, hold their feet to the fire! It's legally binding.

Also, get a hold of GM... they don't want this kind of bad PR.
steel insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #41
stickystuff

Drives: 1LE ordered
Spoke with general manager of dealership. The salesman gave me his info and said he overseas a bunch of dealerships. Spoke with him and explained my unhappiness. He said he was going over to the dealership today to try and figure things out and would give me a call at the end on the day. And the story continues...
'87 Corvette, 91 Corvette, '93 Corvette, '97 Corvette, '03 Corvette Z06
'94 Supra TT
'96 911 993
CURRENT
'04 BMW M3
'82 BMW 320i
'05 H2

stickystuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #42
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickystuff View Post
Spoke with general manager of dealership. The salesman gave me his info and said he overseas a bunch of dealerships. Spoke with him and explained my unhappiness. He said he was going over to the dealership today to try and figure things out and would give me a call at the end on the day. And the story continues...
I'll ask again, just as a couple others have, what dealership is it?