Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 07:45 AM   #71
BigRigMike

Drives: 2010 Ford Fusion
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
The CONSUMER guide should be ready on Friday, and yes, we can post that. Perhaps it will be more accurate, and more updated than what we've all seen. Not to mention, dealers should know what we can finally order Friday!
For the consumer guide, is it going to be available at the dealership or going to be something online? If it is online only does any one have an idea on when literature is going to be available at dealerships?

I love all this info online but i would like to get some nice glossy photos.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:59 AM   #72
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
GM had nothing to do with it. His dealer apparently found out.
ok ... that sucks...

But at the same time.. I would give confidential info about my company on the net .. so .. it doesn't seem that bad, but I understand the boss too.

That's too bad ...
Old 10-08-2008, 08:20 AM   #73
RB43TD
Me Likey My Camaro

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 1LT/RS Camaro
I'm really sorry to hear that Karl. I do hope you find something soon. I do find it interesting though that you leak this information about 4 days before it was to be made public and you are roasted at the stake by many on this site, but when the production pics were released all over the net on a Friday even though they weren't supposed to be released until the following week, I didn't hear too many "confidential" complaints then.

Hang tough man.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:42 AM   #74
KarlChev

Drives: Silverado 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejbyrd View Post
So is this the leaked info that KarlChev was fired for. Leftlane assumed it was someone on this site. Are they correct?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...qHiI1tvSdwHZlw
Pretty much!

I'm posting this from my house in my boxers! At least I got the day off., and the weekend, and next weekend.............
Old 10-08-2008, 08:45 AM   #75
Sizzox
Most Known Unknown

Drives: 08 Vette
Send a message via AIM to Sizzox
Do you have any ideas for a new place to work yet are you looking or what?
Old 10-08-2008, 08:52 AM   #76
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRigMike View Post
For the consumer guide, is it going to be available at the dealership or going to be something online? If it is online only does any one have an idea on when literature is going to be available at dealerships?

I love all this info online but i would like to get some nice glossy photos.

It's a pdf.

A full color brochure isn't expected until 2009
Old 10-08-2008, 09:11 AM   #77
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I'm sorry what happened Karl. I'm sure it was only done with the intention of sharing with us what you knew.

Good luck to you

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 10-08-2008, 09:24 AM   #78
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
It's a pdf.

A full color brochure isn't expected until 2009
Since Friday is the release date...is it safe to presume that the consumer brochure will be (is allowed to be) posted at 12:01am on Friday morning???

Cancelled the 2010 SS/RS (for now) and bought this instead (2009 Harley FLHX)
Old 10-08-2008, 09:33 AM   #79
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by playhard67 View Post
Since Friday is the release date...is it safe to presume that the consumer brochure will be (is allowed to be) posted at 12:01am on Friday morning???
It has to be released from the source....They may want a cup of coffee or two first
Old 10-08-2008, 09:40 AM   #80
dvnt88
Kickin' Assphalt

Drives: 1997 Z-28 30th Anniversary Ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlChev View Post
Serious as a heart attack.
Sorry to hear about your luck and keep in touch. Gotta Luv "Big-Brother". "(
Old 10-08-2008, 09:44 AM   #81
KarlChev

Drives: Silverado 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
fyi: GM did not have anything to do with KarlChev's termination.

KarlChev, I'm sorry to hear this happened, man. You're right -- and I hope others believe you -- be careful what you post on the internet.......:(
This is not correct. GM contacted the dealership. GM had EVERYTHING to do with this.

The owner of our dealership could care less about "confidential" info. GM was the ones who were mad.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:50 AM   #82
xsoutherngun89x

Drives: 1998 Mustang GT(not for long)
this whole situation sucks. good luck finding a way to feed your family karl, i know its gotta be devastating

"well, second place aint that bad..."
"yea, if you like being the first one to loose sure..lol"
:seesaw:

soon to have: Black SS2 6sp w/ orange rally stripes.
or, IOM w/black. havent made up my mind, lol
Old 10-08-2008, 09:58 AM   #83
rlg3

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
KarlChev, I am sorry you lost your job especially in these hard economic times. I hope you can find work elsewhere.

That said, I work for a company a bit smaller than GM but one which sells consumer products worldwide, and I am privileged to information like this, and some that goes a hell of a lot deeper. If I were to release even a smidgen of it I would not only be fired I would be facing a lawsuit the size of Texas. In addition, if I were to use any of it for personal gain, I would have a shiny new pair of bracelets to match my polished 20" wheels.

I'm not going to pat you on the back, and I know I am rubbing salt in the wound, maybe I'm even being a dick, you are lucky it is only your job you lost, and I hope this does serve as an example. Confidential means Confidential, just cause someone else did it too doesn't make it right. I can't feel bad for someone who makes it tough for employers to trust people with anything.
This was way too rough, why would you go at him like this??
Anyway, I do't get what the big deal is. It was confidential ok so lets measure the harm this caused to GM and then a reasonable punishment should be applied. So will someone tell what harm this caused GM??
Old 10-08-2008, 10:02 AM   #84
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlg3 View Post
This was way too rough, why would you go at him like this??
Anyway, I do't get what the big deal is. It was confidential ok so lets measure the harm this caused to GM and then a reasonable punishment should be applied. So will someone tell what harm this caused GM??
GM didn't administer the punishment. A dealership did. GM may reduce allocation to the dealership which prevents the dealership from making money, for example, to punish this dealer. That is worthy of termination because it harms the dealership. In any case, violation of corporate policy is not good for someone's job. Try going to work today out of dress code and talking to customers about confidential corporate policies. You'll get in some trouble, too.
warn 145:159 ban
Closed Thread