Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 04-24-2009, 01:55 PM   #1
Karen SS
Mrs SS

Drives: 2SS/RS Black IO Int IO stripe
Smile Anyone in Idaho?

Placed order with Performance Chevrolet out of Mountain Home on April 11, 2009. Dealer was only allowed one alocation because he didn't have any pre-orders filled. Was told that it would probably be sometime in Sept.
Oh my gosh that long!!!...........my husband says I'm obsessed with this! But I have been waiting for this for the last 2 years, and sold my 1967 RS/SS that was home in IA with my parents in anticipation of this. Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone else was still in the waiting mode, and located in Idaho.

Ordered: April 11, 2009
Black RS/2SS
Inferno Orange Interior / Sunroof
Dealer installed - IO stripes
Karen SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:03 PM   #2
HTWLSS
Camaro Disciple

Drives: Camaro, Chevelle, Corvette...
Send a message via MSN to HTWLSS
Karen,
Congrats on your Camaro!
I'm in Oregon and will be driving through Idaho in September (probably the 5th) on our our way to the big Camaro event for the year in Akron, OH. We usually stay overnight in Idaho on our first night out on the road. Would you be interested in meeting us at the Boise Cracker Barrel when we come through town? I know it's a bit early, but the more planning we can do early, the better.
If you'd like to caravan with us to the event, that would be even better! We'll be picking up other Camaro friends along the way in Utah and beyond.

http://modernclassicsauto.com
'68 Chevelle Malibu Coupe; '67 Chevelle Wagon; '99 Convertible Camaro SS #0069; '07 Z06; '06 Silverado Crew Cab 2500 4x4 dually; '14 Sonic RS Hatchback
HTWLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:23 PM   #3
siliconewolfgang

Drives: 2004 Hummer H2
Karen & HTWLSS

Hi, Nice to see someone else in Idaho,

I'm up here in North Central Idaho -still waiting too :( but i ordered mine i October 2008 and my dealer knows nothing ever when i ask sooo i just wait i guess until it shows up in town... I too have been waiting since the Transformer movie came out - they look so cool. I checked around a few weeks ago to see if there were any dealers anywhere within 500 miles that had one just to look at, but no luck yet.

I wanted Yellow like in the movie but wanted the orange interior too.

I ordered a 2SS/RS in Inferno Orange and IO interior too. Black hockey stripes and 21" wheels with the ground effects package + more.

anyway if either of you get through the area let me know i would love to see your cars ( and any one else who has one that comes across this thread) when you get em.

Take care, Ted

Last edited by siliconewolfgang; 04-30-2009 at 10:46 PM.
siliconewolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:56 PM   #4
Nitro Dave

Drives: 2010 RS SS Juiced!
Karen,
Off topic but my wife is from Mountain Home Idaho. Being such a small town I have to ask iof you went to school there. We go back to visit a few times a year. I love Boise. Maybe one day we will move there...
Dave
Nitro Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:57 AM   #5
Karen SS
Mrs SS

Hi Dave,
No, both my husband and I are from Iowa. We moved to Idaho 7 years ago for my husbands work.
Both of us love it here. We are also avid Harley fans, which make the riding here very enjoyable.
Thanks for replying back.........
Karen
Old 04-28-2009, 02:59 PM   #6
HTWLSS
Camaro Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by siliconewolfgang View Post
I checked around a few weeks ago to see if there were any dealers anywhere within 500 miles that had one just to look at, but no luck yet.

Take care, Ted

Ted,
Every dealership in the country is supposed to get a V6 in May for display, so you shouldn't have to wait too much longer to see a 5th Gen in person.

Our Camaro was ordered through Milligan Motors in Enterprise, Oregon and is expected in very soon. If you want to take a 160 mile drive around the other side of Hell's Canyon and take a look, I can let you know when we'll be picking it up. It'll most likely be one of the next few weekends.

'68 Chevelle Malibu Coupe; '67 Chevelle Wagon; '99 Convertible Camaro SS #0069; '07 Z06; '06 Silverado Crew Cab 2500 4x4 dually; '14 Sonic RS Hatchback
Old 04-28-2009, 11:57 PM   #7
siliconewolfgang

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTWLSS View Post
Ted,
Every dealership in the country is supposed to get a V6 in May for display, so you shouldn't have to wait too much longer to see a 5th Gen in person.

Our Camaro was ordered through Milligan Motors in Enterprise, Oregon and is expected in very soon. If you want to take a 160 mile drive around the other side of Hell's Canyon and take a look, I can let you know when we'll be picking it up. It'll most likely be one of the next few weekends.
Thanks for the reply and map info

Thats funny - I saw your car on a google map http://camaro.spasticsquirrel.com/kml.aspx check out this link if you haven't already - it shows your car - about 2-3 weeks ago and I called the dealer and he told me about it a little but didn't tell me it was sold. I told him who i was and where i was and he told me he would let me know when it came in so i could come look at it. He then asked me if i wanted to buy one and i said i had already ordered one here in town and that i just wanted to see one in person. He then hung up with me and called my dealer here and told them i called him for a camaro. Then my dealer called me to find out if i was trying to buy one somewhere else. LOL - paranoid i guess... but my dealer is bad about returning my emails asking for information about my car. They don't know anything - i have to find out on the site then email them and say "I want this or that added to my order and they say we'll see if that can happen - i'll get back to you - then i wait for a week to find out that yes it is possible and that it is "on the order"

I was really thinking of heading over there and check it out when it came in. Thats awsome youre getting your car soon! I would love to come over but i am not good for lead times - i need several days to a week to get my schedale set to run off and play. So let me know if you want and I would love to try. But also May is also coming quick so maybe I'll just check it out here BUT once again my dealer, as of yesturday, - doesn't know if and when they will get one or even when the national "unveiling" is. They told me about a month or longer ago that GM was shipping them a car - they don't know what size engine, color or model it will be but it "IT WILL BE SHIPPED IN AN ENCLOSED CONTAINER WRAPPED UP SO NO ONE CAN SEE IT UNTIL THE NATIONAL UNVAILING" my question is how will they be able to drive it off the "secret" truck if it is covered up so no one can see it i a town of 3000 people- whats the big deal keeping it so secret? ( I am hearing from other folks on here that this is a bunch of ) I can't beleive what they say so i am losing faith in my salesman... Anyway, can you tell I am frustrated with them?
Old 04-29-2009, 06:14 PM   #8
HTWLSS
Camaro Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by siliconewolfgang View Post
Thanks for the reply and map info

Thats funny - I saw your car on a google map http://camaro.spasticsquirrel.com/kml.aspx check out this link if you haven't already - it shows your car - about 2-3 weeks ago and I called the dealer and he told me about it a little but didn't tell me it was sold. I told him who i was and where i was and he told me he would let me know when it came in so i could come look at it. He then asked me if i wanted to buy one and i said i had already ordered one here in town and that i just wanted to see one in person.

We told him that he could show our car to anyone interested, so that's probably why he offered. He's been very good to deal with through this whole process and I would not hesitate to send anyone there to order a car.
If we have lead time on when our car will arrive, I'll most certainly let you know!

Old 04-29-2009, 08:04 PM   #9
siliconewolfgang

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTWLSS View Post
We told him that he could show our car to anyone interested, so that's probably why he offered. He's been very good to deal with through this whole process and I would not hesitate to send anyone there to order a car.
If we have lead time on when our car will arrive, I'll most certainly let you know!
Thanks again - I hope you get it real soon! Enjoy! Stop by if you ever get through Grangeville.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:32 PM   #10
lafountain

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
I lived in Mountain Home for around 7 1/2 years, just left there this past November. Before I knew I was moving I didn't deal with Performance for the Camaro, I had been dealing with Edmark out in Nampa. Glad to hear that Performance took care of you though.

I bought a car, turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?
lafountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:40 PM   #11
Nitro Dave

Drives: 2010 RS SS Juiced!
Renting a harley in Idaho and takking a ride up through the mountains is what made me buy my Harley. Beautiful land.
Dave
Nitro Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:27 PM   #12
VINCE

Drives: 1977 Trans Am 1995 Z28 2000Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Culver View Post
Placed order with Performance Chevrolet out of Mountain Home on April 11, 2009. Dealer was only allowed one alocation because he didn't have any pre-orders filled. Was told that it would probably be sometime in Sept.
Oh my gosh that long!!!...........my husband says I'm obsessed with this! But I have been waiting for this for the last 2 years, and sold my 1967 RS/SS that was home in IA with my parents in anticipation of this. Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone else was still in the waiting mode, and located in Idaho.

Ordered: April 11, 2009
Black RS/2SS
Inferno Orange Interior / Sunroof
Dealer installed - IO stripes
Hi Karen, I am from the Burley area.. if you don't mind me asking, did they give it to you at msrp or how much extra did they tack on?
VINCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:23 PM   #13
Karen SS
Mrs SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by VINCE View Post
Hi Karen, I am from the Burley area.. if you don't mind me asking, did they give it to you at msrp or how much extra did they tack on?
I will be getting the car at MSRP
Old 04-30-2009, 01:43 PM   #14
lafountain

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
Just out of curiosity, did you ever contact Edmark? When I was talking with them, they were saying they were gonna be MSRP or possibly even lower.

I bought a car, turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?
lafountain is offline   Reply With Quote