Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-17-2016, 01:24 PM   #1
mar10

Drives: 2010 SS RS
A few questions about qtp electronic cutout switch install.

I received my low profile cutouts that I ordered from Dynosteve @ RDP. Ive looked at the DIY thread and understand the install of the cutouts and the routing of the wiring. But when it comes to installing the switch there's not really any information. I think the DIY is for the key fob controller because it instructs to run the wires to the center console.

If possible I would like to mount my switch on the dash in the spot where the hud controls would be if I had the hud. (See picture) does anyone know if the wires that come with the qtp kit are long enough to reach this area? Is there enough room behind the dash for the large switch qtp sends with their kit? Also would I be able to use a fuse tap as a power source for the kit so I don't have to cut into anything? I've already tapped into my cigarette lighter to power my lc2.
Attached Images

Stainless Power Longtube headers, off road mids, stock H pipe, flowmaster mufflers, Vararam tune model intake, NightFury cam, and 91 octane email tune from Dynosteve @ rdpmotorsport.com. 473 rwhp and 430 ft. Lbs. @3,235 ft elevation.
mar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 02:17 PM   #2
Hard Parker
OMWTFYB

Drives: ZL1
Have you thought about going wireless?

Click HERE to follow my build!!
Click HERE to follow me on Instagram

#savethemanuals
Hard Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 12:58 AM   #3
mar10

Drives: 2010 SS RS
I just prefer the switch. I don't see a need to open or close the cutouts when I'm not in the car. I don't want to have the key fob bouncing around on my key chain all the time either. Just seems like a waste of money to me.
Stainless Power Longtube headers, off road mids, stock H pipe, flowmaster mufflers, Vararam tune model intake, NightFury cam, and 91 octane email tune from Dynosteve @ rdpmotorsport.com. 473 rwhp and 430 ft. Lbs. @3,235 ft elevation.
mar10 is offline   Reply With Quote