Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-11-2018, 07:29 AM   #225
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Yuck.
Pardon my lenguaje but Yuck Yourself
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:36 AM   #226
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
It looks to Nissan wannabe in the rear 1/4. The front has those ridiculous you think they are fog lights but are actually the headlights. White is not its best color. I’d like to see black or a dark blue.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:14 AM   #227
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Yea the whole headlight thing in the fog light area definitely throws it off and looks too much like a Cherokee mixed with some other crap. At first i thought it was ok looking but now unless its a RS model which aint all that it just blends with all the other small SUV's on the market.
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:23 AM   #228
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
...it just blends with all the other small SUV's on the market.
I'm sorry, but Chevy needed to catch up as far as I'm concerned in this segment regarding looks.

There's truth to not following fads too closely b/c those fads go away quickly, but Chevy needed something more exciting and dramatic to look at in its CUV / SUV (whatever you want to call it) lineup, and this finally brings that to the table. The Traverse is a nice design when so equipped, but the Equinox is just downright boring compared to much of its competition, when in all honesty it should probably have the sportiest looks considering it is likely selling more to the youth and young families than the larger vehicles.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:27 AM   #229
keon718nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I'm sorry, but Chevy needed to catch up as far as I'm concerned in this segment regarding looks.

There's truth to not following fads too closely b/c those fads go away quickly, but Chevy needed something more exciting and dramatic to look at in its CUV / SUV (whatever you want to call it) lineup, and this finally brings that to the table. The Traverse is a nice design when so equipped, but the Equinox is just downright boring compared to much of its competition, when in all honesty it should probably have the sportiest looks considering it is likely selling more to the youth and young families than the larger vehicles.

Catch up on what a JEEP's crappy front end look? Ahh they screwed up and should have just made a large redesigned Trailblazer SS instead of something to be called a CUV and put a Blazer logo on it. Stick a Blazer RS in the middle of a Equinox and a and a traverse... Does it look out of place? YUP
Old 07-11-2018, 10:32 AM   #230
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
To each his own. I'd drive that in a second.

Those real world photos look good.

I think this will be well received.
I still think the RS trim is hands down the best looking trim.

The real world photos of the other trims do it a hell of a lot more justice than the press release images. Still need to see it in person
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:34 AM   #231
KMPrenger

Quote:
Catch up on what a JEEP's crappy front end look? Ahh they screwed up and should have just made a large redesigned Trailblazer SS instead of something to be called a CUV and put a Blazer logo on it. Stick a Blazer RS in the middle of a Equinox and a and a traverse... Does it look out of place? YUP
If you've seen my other posts you'll know I've been a critic of the Jeep Cherokee front end design. Their 2019 redesign is much better.

But what Chevy did here just works better than what Jeep did in my opinion.

Also....the general public now days remembers the 90s grocery getter Blazer. Not the truck Blazer.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:40 AM   #232
keon718nyc

Ok, we will leave it as a "CUV" Cute Utility Vehicle for the grocery & soccer moms. Bingo!!!!
Old 07-11-2018, 11:26 AM   #233
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Ok, we will leave it as a "CUV" Cute Utility Vehicle for the grocery & soccer moms. Bingo!!!!
Guess what sells?
Old 07-11-2018, 12:26 PM   #234
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
The lease on my 2017 Ford Escape will be up in 18 months. Waiting to see this in person and price/options but this looks like my next SUV/CUV or whatever the hell you wanna call it.

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 12:59 PM   #235
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
If you've seen my other posts you'll know I've been a critic of the Jeep Cherokee front end design. Their 2019 redesign is much better.

But what Chevy did here just works better than what Jeep did in my opinion.

Also....the general public now days remembers the 90s grocery getter Blazer. Not the truck Blazer.
There is little point in arguing aesthetics, but ( ) the Cherokee has a much more integrated look than this new Blazer. The Blazer looks all choppy and disjointed to me. But, I bet it will drive and perform nicely.

Having said that, I like the look of the Blazer ok. *shrug*
Old 07-11-2018, 03:00 PM   #236
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
There is little point in arguing aesthetics, but ( ) the Cherokee has a much more integrated look than this new Blazer. The Blazer looks all choppy and disjointed to me. But, I bet it will drive and perform nicely.

Having said that, I like the look of the Blazer ok. *shrug*
The only part of the blazer for me that looks disjointed is once you get to the ass end. I mean what the hell Chevy, this just continues a trend of terrible ass ends.

The whole area behind the rear doors in the picture of the white just doesnt seem to flow, it seems to busy
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:11 PM   #237
strykerg8gt

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
I'm a fan of the headlights being integrated lower on the front bumper. Honestly, how many people actually use fog lights and having the headlights lower means I won't be blinded at night when it's driving towards me.

As for the looks, I think the side profile and rear 3/4 profile pics are more flattering than the pic being posted here. It also might be interesting to have the roof blacked out above that lower trim molding line.
strykerg8gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:09 PM   #238
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd1276 View Post
The lease on my 2017 Ford Escape will be up in 18 months. Waiting to see this in person and price/options but this looks like my next SUV/CUV or whatever the hell you wanna call it.
It will definitely be more expensive than an Escape. Take the GMC Acadia and subtract a grand or two for comparable trims is my assumption.

Of course...waiting a while until they start putting discounts/rebates on these will put them way under MSRP which is always the case.