Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-04-2012, 11:40 PM   #1
Clinc

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Performance radiator??

Looking for a drop in radiator that will support and cool my current setup in the 2010. I can't run the ac due to it over heating. And today in Dallas in was 100+ and car was getting hot just for a short drive.. I think it's mostly due to the procharger 1300hp Intercooler soaking up all the cool air. Any feedback on aftermarket radiators would be appreciated.

Current mods
Lq9 408
F1x procharger
And much more...
Clinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:55 AM   #2
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Flex a lite and Bcool are the only ones i've heard of. There are a few vendors here that sell them.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:06 AM   #3
Clinc

Ok thanks, I'll check them out.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:08 AM   #4
DandD

Drives: 2010 2SS and 2011 LS
Check out Dewitts Radiator, they make very high quality radiators. Give them a call and tell them what you have and what you need, you won't be disappointed.
http://www.dewitts.com/
Old 09-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #5
MaxKamai
Mad Ninja Skills

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6
+1 on Dewitts. Also have used CBR cbr-performance.com for some custom builds (1000+ hp 416 turbo LS3 in 94 c1500) but don't know if they'll make one direct drop in.
Custom stainless 2" primary headers / Custom stainless 3" header back exhaust / Hurst short shifter / ZEX nitrous kit / Vararam intake / Spohn chrome moly trailing arms / Sin City Performance Tune / SCP custom ground cam / SCP ported & polished heads

New Car 2007 Corvette Z06 - Headers / Vararam / Magnaflow Catback / SCP Tune / Nitrous / BTR Stg IV Cam and Springs
MaxKamai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:46 PM   #6
Synner

Drives: cars
I would go with BeCool or Flex-a-Lite, whichever you could get the better deal on with the upgraded fan setup they have. Also run water wetter if you aren't already.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #7
tys2010camaro

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Contact Jordan at JDP Performance. I had the same problem with overheat problems. My car is used soley for road and rally racing and overheated in the desert races.
He hooked me up with the CSF-7003 Aluminum Performance Radiator for $549. All polished out so it looks great and works fantastic!!! JDP Motorsports will treat you right! check out their feedback.
Attached Images

tys2010camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:15 PM   #8
injector

Drives: LS3
I've tried searching for an After market radiator that will directly drop in with a D1SC unite but could not find any.

It would be helpful if you can update us with what you find out.
injector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:49 AM   #9
Clinc

Thanks for the info guys! I contacted Jordan at jdp. Got a csf radiator, great pricing and after researching the designs of various company's I found this one to be the same as all the others at a way better price. JDP was easy to work with and got me second day air at a great price!! Real easy install and with a added 160* thermostat I am now able to run my A/C and keep my engine temp in check!! Deff recommend it!!
Old 09-16-2012, 12:07 AM   #10
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Jordan is a great guy and extremely easy to work with. Glad he got you sorted out.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:27 PM   #11
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tys2010camaro View Post
Contact Jordan at JDP Performance. I had the same problem with overheat problems. My car is used soley for road and rally racing and overheated in the desert races.
He hooked me up with the CSF-7003 Aluminum Performance Radiator for $549. All polished out so it looks great and works fantastic!!! JDP Motorsports will treat you right! check out their feedback.
We appreciate the feedback and recommendation! The car is looking great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by injector View Post
I've tried searching for an After market radiator that will directly drop in with a D1SC unite but could not find any.

It would be helpful if you can update us with what you find out.
The CSF Radiator would work with your ProCharger Set up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinc View Post
Thanks for the info guys! I contacted Jordan at jdp. Got a csf radiator, great pricing and after researching the designs of various company's I found this one to be the same as all the others at a way better price. JDP was easy to work with and got me second day air at a great price!! Real easy install and with a added 160* thermostat I am now able to run my A/C and keep my engine temp in check!! Deff recommend it!!
Thank you for your business and support! Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Jordan is a great guy and extremely easy to work with. Glad he got you sorted out.
I appreciate the kind words!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:00 PM   #12
sting808

Drives: 2010 SS RS
DeWitts and BeCool are the same. I have an early "prototype" model DeWitts that uses a smaller trans oil cooler(12"). (LS3 OE is 18" wide)

DeWitts current models uses the same size trans oil cooler width as OE. Great quality, regardless. Hard to go wrong with DeWitts. Their current price is much cheaper than I paid over a year ago.

Not sure how blocking the front air flow with a large HE will affect engine cooling. My KB HE is small and mounted in the lower cowl area. Looking at Torq's larger HE that's installed in front of the radiator, similar to other FI design locations.

Check out Ron Davis, too.
sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:11 PM   #13
madmaxx18

Drives: 07_tundra/08_zo6
Do you have any testing data on the csf radiators to show proof that the radiators are 40% more efficent than oem?
madmaxx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:53 PM   #14
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
I'm running the CSF as well, I popped my stocker on the track on a really hot day almost 2 years ago, CSF had just released there performance radiator, it dropped right in, didnt notice it running any cooler than the stocker but my temps have never exceeded 216 at the track (road course) in 100+ degree temps. My trans temps do run about 20 degrees cooler than the stock radiator. I got mine from Midway Chevy's Performance Dept, they are a CSF dealer.