Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 08-24-2013, 09:34 AM   #14309
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Drives: "Black Ice"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
Still waiting on that list of shops that was called...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 572HP View Post
Yes, but put it in context of when he posted the "truth". We were propping up MTI for fixing Ken's car after months and months of trouble. Then he goes and drops the "truth" about MTI...like it even matters about Ken's car. That's all I'm saying. It wasn't as if someone asked where they should take their car to get it tuned.
I'm still wondering why this was brought up in the first place. I guess I forgot to ask the motivation for posting a warning about MTI, when we were just giving them props for fixing Ken's car. I guess I'll ask Josh. Josh, why did you feel that it was the best time to bring this to everyone's attention?
Old 08-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #14310
Johnny@MTI

Drives: 99 ls1 miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizz69 View Post
And I knew Ron would clear shit up from their side pretty quickly. Now what Johnny?
look we lock our tunes. it's company policy and i stated why. we do have a very forgiving policy for un-locking the ecu's.

and idk what ron is talking about. i called top speed, that uses vengeance to tune gm cars. and they said that they absolutely lock tunes. i know for a fact that we had a cts-v in our shop last week, that had Ron's tune on it. I had to get the ecu un-locked so we could tune it.
Johnny@MTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:59 AM   #14311
ken53007

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Just blame it on me since my car is fixed
ken53007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:08 AM   #14312
ken53007

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Hey josh are you a sponsor on here by any chance cause I couldn't find you anywhere on the site
ken53007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #14313
Ron@Vengeance

Drives: 2013 Artic White GrandSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny@MTI View Post
look we lock our tunes. it's company policy and i stated why. we do have a very forgiving policy for un-locking the ecu's.

and idk what ron is talking about. i called top speed, that uses vengeance to tune gm cars. and they said that they absolutely lock tunes. i know for a fact that we had a cts-v in our shop last week, that had Ron's tune on it. I had to get the ecu un-locked so we could tune it.
Johnny,

Please do not spread mis-information about Vengeance Racing. Feel free to promote MTI and state your policy anywhere you want, but please do so without assuming you know our policy. The ONLY reason you wouldnt be able to access one of our tunes is if it is a COS (Custom Operating System) that you do not have loaded. We have NEVER locked an ECU.

I encourage ANY of our customers to purchase or borrow EFI Live and read/alter their ECU.. They will have ZERO issues doing so.

I had no reason or desire to be in this thread until you stated you contacted all local shops and that everyone locks their tune. This is a LIE.. Now you state you called ONE shop, (that builds and tunes imports) and they say we tune their GM cars?

No need to reply as I would rather not disrupt this thread anymore than it has been already. I simply want our customers and potential customers that they have no concerns about their ECU being locked if they decide to have work done at Vengeance Racing.
Ron@Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:18 AM   #14314
Johnny@MTI

i had to get it unlocked and he said you had done the work.
he also said you "street tuned it" you and i both know that your building a bomb without a dyno.

Last edited by Johnny@MTI; 08-24-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:28 AM   #14315
Johnny@MTI

and it was brought up- Just so you guys know my background:

My former employer was Performance Friction Brakes, you might not have heard of them and that's ok. We only sold to two types of customers 1. Professional racing (90% of nascar ran my pads). We have our braking systems in every professional racing event, everywhere. We won 142 championships last year alone. We’ve won the 24hours of La Mons (twice), 24 hours of Daytona (eight times), 12 hours of Sebring, and the 25 hours of Thunder hill. I had customers named; JR, Ganassi, memo, ect.. I not only sell pads, calipers, rotors but I developed braking systems for champions. The second customer was large fleets (u-haul, Penske, international). The fleet stuff was just a byproduct of all the technical baking information that we had just sitting around. The Ryder trucks that you rent are actually riding around on a 1992 nascar compound, that was slightly modified to be quieter, and less dusty.

Here is a picture of my favorite customers.

I have thousands of hours under my belt developing racing products for champions. My wife had an amazing job opportunity in the Atlanta area. I couldn't hold her back so I had to leave PFC. I see allot of the same characteristics in MIT as I seen in PFC. that's why I Picked them. I am here to help our customers reach their goals no matter what they might be. I hope to meet you all very soon.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:28 AM   #14316
Ron@Vengeance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny@MTI View Post
he also said you "street tuned it" you and i both know that your building a bomb without a dyno.
Johnny, I apologize if I sound like I am being arrogant, but how much do you actually know about this industry?

Street tuning with a datalog and wideband is ALWAYS more accurate than a dyno.. ANYONE who knows ANYTHING about tuning will agree with that. You cannot accurately duplicate the load on a vehicle on a Dynojet 224x (inertia dyno) like the vehicle will see on the street.

We tune ALL of our vehicles on the street and use the dyno as a tool to show HP gains from the modifications.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:33 AM   #14317
Johnny@MTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance View Post
Johnny, I apologize if I sound like I am being arrogant, but how much do you actually know about this industry?

Street tuning with a datalog and wideband is ALWAYS more accurate than a dyno.. ANYONE who knows ANYTHING about tuning will agree with that. You cannot accurately duplicate the load on a vehicle on a Dynojet 224x (inertia dyno) like the vehicle will see on the street.

We tune ALL of our vehicles on the street and use the dyno as a tool to show HP gains from the modifications.

oh that's right!! All the time i see Nascar chassis on a street getting tuned. oh wait...no i dont. two things..
1) if that's true why do you charge more for a dyno tune?

2) street tuning is dangerous and stupid. i pray you don't pile into a van full of kids. please stop doing that.

yes in a racing (i said racing not street) environment there will be some modifications that will be needed to change to a base tune. if you have an mti tune and it needs to be modified, we will do that. But to start on the street is stupid.

Last edited by Johnny@MTI; 08-24-2013 at 10:45 AM.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:42 AM   #14318
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
Hey guys, you are stinking up my favorite thread.

Until this dust up I had the highest respect for all three of these companies. That respect has eroded considerably over the last day.

I'm not a mod - I have no authority here, but I am politely asking y'all to cool it or take it somewhere else.
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:46 AM   #14319
Ron@Vengeance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Comfort View Post

Until this dust up I had the highest respect for all three of these companies. That respect has eroded considerably over the last day.

I'm not a mod - I have no authority here, but I am politely asking y'all to cool it or take it somewhere else.
I agree and apologize. Im done. I just want our customers to know the truth.

I had no reason or desire to be in this thread until you stated you contacted all local shops and that everyone locks their tune.

No need to reply as I would rather not disrupt this thread anymore than it has been already. I simply want our customers and potential customers that they have no concerns about their ECU being locked if they decide to have work done at Vengeance Racing.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:01 AM   #14320
Johnny@MTI

i'm not sorry, we do the best work in the south east on lsx motors. if you want quality work done right the first time, call me first..

i do stand behind Top Speed's quote "any reputable shop will lock a tune" i see any shop that doesn't lock it's tune leaving you high and dry if your motor has blows. all they got to say is "you messed with your tune, it wasn't locked"
Old 08-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #14321
Johnny@MTI

oh my 2nd favorite customer bob @ rim fix

I built his system. it's a basic short track system.

i wish we had a rim fix in atlanta.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:10 PM   #14322
mrpyle

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS - Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Comfort View Post

Agreed ...

Tags
atlanta, club, diane is great., free josh, j.t. is awesome, mti locks not rocks your car, mti rocks, mti rocks your mom's house, yep yep