Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 11-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #1
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
SCT iTSX ISSUES ALL FIXED AWESOME PRODUCT

I apologize to those who got in early and had problems, but with any new product there are bound to be growing pains especially when newer Models come on line the same time we release a Product.

We are confident all the of bugs have been worked through at least until GM makes another Computer Change LOL

Thank you SCT for all of your Hard Work on solving this.

The Features, Ease of Use, ability to work with iProducts and Android Products is AWESOME.

Tune, and log your car from your Phone.

Combine this with World Class JRE Custom Tuning and there is Nothing on the market that can Compete both in Features and Quality.

Check out the iTSX for your next Tuning Venture.

Purchase an iTSX from JRE and Receive a FREE Custom Tune Via Email for your Simple Bolt ons like CAI and Cat back.

http://www.sctflash.com/products.php?PID=68&VID=
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #2
Jim 1775

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Ted,

I recently received the iTSX from you and decided to Install it yesterday. I've tried to get it working all day with no luck. I have the most current version of the software and am still getting nowhere. It gets part way through and stops. Then says my vehicle is unsupportable. I know it is a long weekend, but I'm looking for some help. Any advice?

Jim
Jim 1775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:57 PM   #3
MJ

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Still have problems with mine...

UPDATE - Good news... (couldn't edit the subject line above)

Earlier tonight I ran into a problem when running the SCT Device Updater to get updated FW and tune version. Program would hang... there was no movement on the status bars at bottom of the SCT Device Updater panel labelled "Starting update" and "Loading Firmware". I just found a way around the problem. When program hung, I closed the program (clicked on X in upper right corner)... then restarted program. Found there was some progress on the status bar (green), then the program would freeze again. Program was closed again, then restarted. Some more progress was made, but it would freeze again. After going thru the closing & re-starting the Updater program 4 times, it eventually got on track. I now have the latest FW and tune version; FW 1054 & tune version 1.013GM. Think my situation was more complicated since I updated iPod to the latest Apple iOS after having initially loaded the tune on the iTSX device when iPod was at the downlevel iOS. Don't know for sure, but glad to have the latest FW and tune version now. The iTSX was a nice addition... glad the bugs were finally worked out.

Last edited by MJ; 11-10-2012 at 07:18 PM.
MJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
Jim 1775

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
UPDATE!!!

Ted put me in contact with the guys from SCT. They have a work around until the firmware is updated for the 2013 Camaro. Pull the OnStar fuse. See below:

The fuse panel you need to access is behind the end of the driver’s side of the dashboard… Here is a picture with the end removed.

On our test car, we had to peel back a little of the door seal to get it completely off, so you may have to do that too. Be careful as the glue pretty sticky.

On the back side of that end cap, there is a fuse diagram sticker… We want the 7.5A ONSTAR fuse.

It’s pretty easy to locate on the fuse panel itself…

There should be a fuse puller under the hood you can use to take it out.

This fuse just needs to be out during upload and programming. Once the vehicle is programmed, you can reinsert it. Remember to only remove or insert the fuse with the key off.

This should provide a temporary solution, until we can implement it appropriately in the firmware. Even with this fuse pulled, we have seen an occasional upload failure (an issue that is getting fixed in the firmware), so I would advise trying this 2 to 3 times. Once the upload completes, downloading doesn’t have any problems, so you should be good at that point.

I only had to do this procedure once. It worked the first time.
Thank you so much Ted, Rudy and Tim!
It now runs like a BEAST!
Attached Images

Last edited by Jim 1775; 12-09-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Jim 1775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:35 PM   #5
POS Dakota

Drives: GMs and Chryslers
Any word on what Onstar has to do with it?
POS Dakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:01 AM   #6
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by POS Dakota View Post
Any word on what Onstar has to do with it?
It interferes with communication.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #7
POS Dakota

Drives: GMs and Chryslers
Thanks.
Personally I think pulling the fuse and keeping it out is a very good idea.
POS Dakota is offline   Reply With Quote