Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 05-10-2016, 08:26 AM   #1
Minimav77

Drives: 2010 grey cammed ss
Installing stripes pricing metro Detroit area

Hey guys, I have matte black rally stripes that have become blotchy and somewhat dull and faded looking and was wanting to freshen the car up and just get a whole new set because last year I went trough a quick touch less drivethru Carwash (I no I should should have not been lazy and did it myself) and it took a chunk out about the size of a silver dollar from the stripe so my question is what is a normal rate for taking off and putting on a new set because people are scared that they may be hard to take off as the cars 5 years old now...also any place besides a dealer that has the stripes cheaper then the dealer and lastly can I do a overlay of the stripes so there's no chance of messing up the paint when removing them. Thanks in advance
Minimav77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 07:39 PM   #2
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Check into having them painted on? Contact Rodgers Chevrolet in Woodhaven. That is where many of our club members go for all of our work. By the time you buy new stripes, and pay to have the old ones removed and new ones installed, maybe having them painted will be close in that price range. Just an option to think about.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:27 PM   #3
Minimav77

Drives: 2010 grey cammed ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
Check into having them painted on? Contact Rodgers Chevrolet in Woodhaven. That is where many of our club members go for all of our work. By the time you buy new stripes, and pay to have the old ones removed and new ones installed, maybe having them painted will be close in that price range. Just an option to think about.
thanks never really thought about going that route could be a good option
Old 05-10-2016, 08:34 PM   #4
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimav77 View Post
thanks never really thought about going that route could be a good option
here to help......
Old 05-10-2016, 11:53 PM   #5
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Plus the beauty of having your stripes painted on, you can have any color you want. Years ago when I bought my 2011 2SS convertible, I took it to Rodgers to have Todd paint them on. I originally wanted the factory stock white strips (black car), but then I got to thinking, why not go with a pearl white? Todd showed be about 3-4 color books of just whites, and I ended up picking a pearl white that I think was a MB color.

I agree with having Rodger's paint them on. Their painter Todd, does awesome work.

Properly painted stripes will not have a 'edge' to them that might attract and collect wax residue.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
detroit, faded, metro, stripes, vrt