Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-25-2018, 08:11 AM   #1
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
2011 Strut rower brace on 2010 Camaro

So I bought the 2011 Strut tower brace and I need to implant it into the 2010 bodywork.
There is an installation kit, but I can not find it anywhere.
Does anyone have this experience please?

George.
George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 08:31 AM   #2
Plastamasta

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
You need to buy the strut tower brace bracket kit from
TPIS
Plastamasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 08:49 AM   #3
steakmaker

Drives: '10 Camaro SS,Jeep Commander Hemi
TPIS Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by George-CZ View Post
So I bought the 2011 Strut tower brace and I need to implant it into the 2010 bodywork.
There is an installation kit, but I can not find it anywhere.
Does anyone have this experience please?

George.
The adaptor kit is made by TPIS,part 8.STB050 and last I checked it's $169.
Go on the internet you'll find it,Good Luck!
steakmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 09:49 AM   #4
George-CZ

Yes... I see it.

https://www.tpis.com/parts/view/267

Thanks guys
Old 08-26-2018, 09:27 AM   #5
Plastamasta

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
Please keep me posted on this . I would love to do this on mine as well but nervous about installing.please post some pics and let me know if this is a PIA to install or not
Plastamasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 04:47 AM   #6
George-CZ

I'll surely put a lot of photos from the installation.
Many people have already done this installation. So I do not see the reason for the potential problem.

But it will take a while. The consignment travels over the sea.
Old 08-27-2018, 08:50 PM   #7
Nb1081

Drives: 10 2ss/rs
Tpis used to b tuned port injection specialties
Old 08-28-2018, 04:49 PM   #8
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Did mine several months back. Turned out great! Pic below is from the time of installation. However, the only thing I would advise at this point is to get rounded hex stainless steel bolts and go from the underside of the strut towers and put the lock nuts on top in the engine bay. Reason behind this - it will give more clearance for your springs. I had an issue with the bolts rubbing against my stock springs. It will also become problematic if you lower the car in the future. TPIS sells a different bolt kit for those who wish to provide more clearance for their springs. Otherwise they stick out like a sore thumb on the underside and need to be cut with a dremel.
Attached Images

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 10:12 AM   #9
George-CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhite11 View Post
Did mine several months back. Turned out great! Pic below is from the time of installation. However, the only thing I would advise at this point is to get rounded hex stainless steel bolts and go from the underside of the strut towers and put the lock nuts on top in the engine bay. Reason behind this - it will give more clearance for your springs. I had an issue with the bolts rubbing against my stock springs. It will also become problematic if you lower the car in the future. TPIS sells a different bolt kit for those who wish to provide more clearance for their springs. Otherwise they stick out like a sore thumb on the underside and need to be cut with a dremel.
It looks exactly the way I like it
This kit not included stainless steel screws?

I will not a lower car. Maximum stiffer stabilizers.
Please... link the second install kit. I will look at it.

Last edited by George-CZ; 08-31-2018 at 01:43 PM.
Old 08-31-2018, 01:21 PM   #10
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Does anyone here have the brace that goes under the car too? I think Spohn company makes it, but there may be other people too.

I'm thinking that if you had that along with the strut bar, it would really stiffen up the front of the car.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 04:17 PM   #11
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by George-CZ View Post
It looks exactly the way I like it
This kit not included stainless steel screws?

I will not a lower car. Maximum stiffer stabilizers.
Please... link the second install kit. I will look at it.
I can understand you not wanting to lower your car. However, when I did it, the handling was a huge difference. Of course I added other new suspension components that helped with it as well.

I don't have a link for the substitute rounded hex bolts since it is not online. However, here is the pic below of the kit as you saw on their page. It is the same bolts used in the pics that I used after. It is different than the later version of the bolts that you saw in my first uploaded pic of my strut tower brace. However if you call TPIS, and ask for Jakson Stevens. He is the one who assisted me in getting these other bolts. They cost me $25 shipped. I still had to cut the bolts down with a dremel so that it would not go through the hood of my car. I plan to paint them black to give them a nice contrast under the hood.

1st Pic - TPIS Bolts

2nd Pic - Old bolts underside

3rd Pic - New Bolts underside

4th Pic- RH side top

5th Pic - LH side top
Attached Images

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
Old 09-01-2018, 05:57 AM   #12
George-CZ

Quote:
I can understand you not wanting to lower your car. However, when I did it, the handling was a huge difference. Of course I added other new suspension components that helped with it as well.

I don't have a link for the substitute rounded hex bolts since it is not online. However, here is the pic below of the kit as you saw on their page. It is the same bolts used in the pics that I used after. It is different than the later version of the bolts that you saw in my first uploaded pic of my strut tower brace. However if you call TPIS, and ask for Jakson Stevens. He is the one who assisted me in getting these other bolts. They cost me $25 shipped. I still had to cut the bolts down with a dremel so that it would not go through the hood of my car. I plan to paint them black to give them a nice contrast under the hood.

1st Pic - TPIS Bolts

2nd Pic - Old bolts underside

3rd Pic - New Bolts underside

4th Pic- RH side top

5th Pic - LH side top
Imbus screws... I understand. I thought so :-)
I would not paint top screws. I would use an black plastic screws covers.

I see that the gas piston grip must also be moved.
What did you do with the original sheet?
Cut off?
You have it processed in very high quality
Old 09-02-2018, 01:35 PM   #13
SummitWhite11

2011 Strut rower brace on 2010 Camaro

Good idea. Where can I find these plastic screw covers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 09-02-2018, 02:51 PM   #14
George-CZ

Quote:
Good idea. Where can I find these plastic screw covers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E-bay..? Or any hobby market?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/COVER-CAPS-...r=420746922920