Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 06-21-2010, 04:33 PM   #2255
MadMav

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaRSSS View Post
MAv,
Yup, that's the ordinance. It was intended to be aimed primarily at 18 and younger, but the loitering definition that it contains gets applied to anyone, if the officer so chooses. That's why you don't see anyone, ever driving Nevada Avenue anymore. I believe the interpretation that is used is if an officer sees "the same vehicle passing the same intersection more than 3 times in a given time span"...
( Can't remember exactly where that was written) , but the "time span" thing is pretty wide open, so pretty easy for a cop to conjure that one up. Doesn't really matter, since I haven't seen that many super-nice rides down here in a long time anyway, and anytime a bunch of "somewhat responsible" car owners get together, it tends to attract a group of idiots that have to crank their tunes and do wanna-be burnouts and ruin it for everyone else anyway.
Nothing resembling the Woodward Dream Cruise down here in Redneck-ville. lol

I'd just as soon go to Denver and see a much better selection of cars.
Gotcha, I used to love to cruise back in the day.

What we did in the Impala SS club a few years back was just do a local circle rather than cruise the same street everytime. Worked pretty good too. Stop every so often at certain spots and watch the stupid ricers get pulled over for street racing. Ah! Good times....

Mav
Old 06-21-2010, 05:01 PM   #2256
AquaRSSS
AquaRob

Drives: ABM RS\SS; 69 427 Camaro; 1970 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icntdrv55 View Post
Make sure you go to the Golden Car Cruise the first Sat of every month. The one in July should be excellent if its anything like last 4th of July was.

Matter of fact, we should get a bunch of us together again, get the grill and coolers and go down there and sit around all day watching the nice cars cruise up and down the street!
Good idea, but unfortunately for me, we have a pavilion reserved for a SkySox Baseball game and Fireworks event that evening down here, so there's no way I could make it back in time. Someone would need to get to Golden early, 'cause from what I've heard all the good parking is gone well before the 6 PM start...like noon or 1'ish! The Stevenson Chevrolet Car show is also that day from 10-2, so I might attend that and swing by Golden early, so we can make it back to the Springs by 6:45 or so.
Too many things to do this summer!!!

AquaRSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:05 PM   #2257
pumpkinrancho
COMPULSIVE CAMARO OWNER

Drives: 18 ZLE,14 2ssrs,96,73 RS LT,69&67
Anything else going on in the Springs area this weekend. I know about the nsra puelbo thing and the castle rock thing, I have to finish painting the mom in laws house this weekend so I will be there friday thru sun. Without the car!!!sigh.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:28 PM   #2258
Icntdrv55
CCOTR Member

Drives: Victory Red 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaRSSS View Post
Good idea, but unfortunately for me, we have a pavilion reserved for a SkySox Baseball game and Fireworks event that evening down here, so there's no way I could make it back in time. Someone would need to get to Golden early, 'cause from what I've heard all the good parking is gone well before the 6 PM start...like noon or 1'ish! The Stevenson Chevrolet Car show is also that day from 10-2, so I might attend that and swing by Golden early, so we can make it back to the Springs by 6:45 or so.
Too many things to do this summer!!!

We were there around 2 pm last year. There are plenty of cars there that early. Plus, we got all the camaros together at the same place. We were a big hit !
2010 Camaro SS/RS Victory Red A6- Vararam Intake, Doug Thorley Tri Y LTs, Magnaflow X-pipe, Flowmaster Super 40's, VMS Tune, Razzi Ground Effects, Herritage Grill, RED headlight and fog light Halos, LED DRLs, Dash and extended Door ABL, engine, grill and rear defusser LED lighting ........ 12.59@112.21 (DA Corrected)
Icntdrv55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:54 PM   #2259
MadMav

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinrancho View Post
Anything else going on in the Springs area this weekend. I know about the nsra puelbo thing and the castle rock thing, I have to finish painting the mom in laws house this weekend so I will be there friday thru sun. Without the car!!!sigh.

Pikes Peak Hill Climb it Sunday.

Mav
Old 06-21-2010, 08:09 PM   #2260
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
Aim to be there taking my son.Everyone else is busy. why would I lose my best time this yr is4.10
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:08 PM   #2261
Icntdrv55
CCOTR Member

you know I have to talk smack about someone !!

So, who else is going to Bandi on Wednesday?
2010 Camaro SS/RS Victory Red A6- Vararam Intake, Doug Thorley Tri Y LTs, Magnaflow X-pipe, Flowmaster Super 40's, VMS Tune, Razzi Ground Effects, Herritage Grill, RED headlight and fog light Halos, LED DRLs, Dash and extended Door ABL, engine, grill and rear defusser LED lighting ........ 12.59@112.21 (DA Corrected)
Old 06-21-2010, 10:53 PM   #2262
MadMav

Quote:

So, who else is going to Bandi on Wednesday?
I have to work this week, but I'm planning on going next week.

Mav
Old 06-22-2010, 12:19 AM   #2263
2SSONLY

Drives: FAST!
Lots going on but if anyone is interested, Relay for Life benefit for breast cancer in Wheatland this Saturday. Here are the details.

Check-in at 8:00 am (at Lewis Park, downtown) until 10 am.

Judging will begin at 10 until noon.

Trophies (personally engraved) will be awarded for Best Street Rod, Antique, Race Car and Best of Show. Lunch (hot dog, chips and drink) will be provided. Door prizes will also be given away; one of the gifts is a shop vac from Carquest. All procedes from the car show will go to "Relay for Life"

I'm going to try to make it. It's close to where Black Beauty is being stored until I get fully settled in the new city. Hope to make a Wednesday at Bandi in the next month or so. Black Beauty has been stuck with an odometer reading of 2940 for months!
2SSONLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:08 AM   #2264
ARMYRockyMtn

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
hey all, new here, but just wanted to say hey!....

Last edited by ARMYRockyMtn; 06-22-2010 at 05:57 AM.
ARMYRockyMtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:02 AM   #2265
ARMYRockyMtn

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
look fwd to talking soon!
Old 06-22-2010, 08:24 AM   #2266
Icntdrv55
CCOTR Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMYRockyMtn View Post
look fwd to talking soon!
Nice to meet you. A good place to meet everyone might be at Parry's on Sunday of you can make it. Im sure there will be a bunch of us there!
Old 06-22-2010, 09:17 AM   #2267
MadMav

Quote:
Nice to meet you. A good place to meet everyone might be at Parry's on Sunday of you can make it. Im sure there will be a bunch of us there!
Let's hope so. Looks like I'm pretty much going now.

Mav
Old 06-22-2010, 09:43 AM   #2268
ud_lose

Drives: '04 Ford F250 6.0L/'69 vette LS6
Quote:
I should be able to make this one too.

Tags
2012 callaway, 45th anniversary, colorado camaro