Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-13-2013, 12:17 PM   #29
Wilsonation

Drives: 2014 ZL1 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
Anybody watch last night and what do you think of their criticism on America not having a Supercar? Seriously, the ZR1 vette not a Supercar?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Corvette ZR1. SRT Viper. Shelby Super Cars Ultimate Aero. The Tesla has near supercar performance...
There's also a kit that you can order that uses corvette bits and it's fast, can't remember what it's called though.
10/28/13 TPW
11/2/13 Built and Bayed
11/7/13 Shipped
11/14/13 Brought home!
Wilsonation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #30
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilsonation View Post
Corvette ZR1. SRT Viper. Shelby Super Cars Ultimate Aero. The Tesla has near supercar performance...
There's also a kit that you can order that uses corvette bits and it's fast, can't remember what it's called though.
On the show they said the last Supercar built by the big three was the Ford F1. Period, they don't believe we currently have a Supercar. They must be catching some serious criticism for that episode. Putting that crappy driver in the ZL1 last week was bad enough, but now they just go straight out and insult the cars you mentioned. I know its just their opinion. I always thought Tanner was one hell of a driver, but the Stig is just an insane driver, crazy skills!

Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:39 PM   #31
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
I'm going to throw this out again but my opinion of a supercar is a car that is designed and built for no purpose other than to test the limitations of speed in an automobile. The ZL1 is speed based version of a Camaro. The Corvette is a sports car but the design has never started with unlimited speed in mind, once again the ZR1 is an upgraded speed focused corvette. GM has done very well making "fast" models of existing cars but never has started with a clean slate and said if we throw out the stops lets see what we can make, Bugatti has done this, Ferrari does this every time they design a new car. McLaren does this. That's why they are supercars and GM has never made a supercar, they have only made fast upgrades to existing models. I wonder what GM could do if they really let their hair down and built a no BS supercar.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:41 PM   #32
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
Anybody watch last night and what do you think of their criticism on America not having a Supercar? Seriously, the ZR1 vette not a Supercar?

I tweeted them that very thing. ZR1 is definitely America's supercar. A damn car show should know that.

And that display of speed in the Saleen was pathetic. Can we get some hosts that are giant pu#@##s?

Tanner can stay, but the other 2 need to go.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #33
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thAnniversary2SS View Post
I tweeted them that very thing. ZR1 is definitely America's supercar. A damn car show should know that.

And that display of speed in the Saleen was pathetic. Can we get some hosts that are giant pu#@##s?

Tanner can stay, but the other 2 need to go.
Love Tanner and always thought he was one Bad-Ass Driver, but the Stig is in a whole different category. Would of loved to see the Stig take those European cars around the track! Yeah for sure Tanner is the superstar of the show. Loved the way he drove that Stingray around the streets of Detroit.

Old 11-13-2013, 01:30 PM   #34
white ZL1

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
I'm going to throw this out again but my opinion of a supercar is a car that is designed and built for no purpose other than to test the limitations of speed in an automobile. The ZL1 is speed based version of a Camaro. The Corvette is a sports car but the design has never started with unlimited speed in mind, once again the ZR1 is an upgraded speed focused corvette. GM has done very well making "fast" models of existing cars but never has started with a clean slate and said if we throw out the stops lets see what we can make, Bugatti has done this, Ferrari does this every time they design a new car. McLaren does this. That's why they are supercars and GM has never made a supercar, they have only made fast upgrades to existing models. I wonder what GM could do if they really let their hair down and built a no BS supercar.
I think that's pretty well said.
Seems others tend to get their feelings hurt.
white ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:01 PM   #35
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by white 2SS/RS View Post
I think that's pretty well said.
Seems others tend to get their feelings hurt.
So you agree with Top Gear that of the big three only Ford with the F1 has attempted to build a Supercar. I have to agree that jessrayo stated it very well and only Ford gave it a shot. Love to see GM attempt a Supercar which means there wouldn't be any lower end versions. Haven't seen a V-8 Veyron.

Old 11-13-2013, 02:05 PM   #36
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
What's Top Gear? Is this like a car show or something?
Old 11-13-2013, 02:11 PM   #37
45thAnniversary2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
What's Top Gear? Is this like a car show or something?
Ha! I'm sure "The Stig" knows nothing of Top Gear.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #38
45thAnniversary2SS

One of my favs:

Old 11-13-2013, 02:14 PM   #39
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
two of those cars I've never heard of before. if they're going to bring in a Saleen from years ago why not a Ford GT? why not the ZR1 or Viper?
it sure goes to show how much difference a real driver can make though that the Stig beat them in those cars. that goof Ferrara was about half a mile behind in the 458 Italia
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:15 PM   #40
Stock Boy

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjosebmx View Post
I can't watch the USA Top Gear.. the UK is a great show
I second this. The US version keeps doing these challenges with crap used cars. Can't stand it.
Stock Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #41
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thAnniversary2SS View Post
One of my favs:

Why did they do away with this segment? The Stig should settle all the debates every week. I want to see a pro driver putting the cars full out and posting the times. Love the Stig!

Old 11-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #42
Devilfish
US Navy Chief

Drives: Camaro Sold
Like the others stated, the ZR1 is fast but not technically a super car. Viper is kind of a super car but it doesn't handle that well and the power is so beastly that the car isn't good for much of anything but getting poon. I think they made some pretty good choices considering the US doesn't really have any supercars from the big 3. I have heard of the Rossion and S7 but not the other. It was pretty cool though. The big 3 really can't compete with the Euros unless they all make something like the ford GT.
Devilfish is offline   Reply With Quote