Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 03-10-2015, 01:02 PM   #225
Optimus Prime

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Is there still room for Friday?

Former garage: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS 6M
2011 Avalanche LT
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 05:17 PM   #226
michael's maro
RAM'S CAMARO

Drives: 2010 camaro ss 2015 Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
Is there still room for Friday?
Yes there are still open slots available for Friday's event.
Michael
Old 03-10-2015, 06:47 PM   #227
mobilin

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS (119k miles)
Hope this is good to post here...

This will be my first road course... I have been drag funning (racing) with my V-6 Camaros at the Super Chevy show in PA for the last 3 yrs but never worried about going in a straight line, I do that enough at the lights and I drive on I66 every work day for about 50 miles one way.

Should I be concerned with wrecks? Or is setup to where they are rare and only happen if you push to hard? How often have you guys seen accidents with cars? Wondering if I need the extra insurance for the day?

Thanks!
Dennis
Hot Red Camaro 2SS RS 17 Oct 2015 (SS 199) 31 Oct traded 64k miles
Torch Red Stingray 2LT Z51 16 Mar 2015 Delivered (NCM) (NO ECAR) - Sold 09/07/23 ~54k
Black LS Purchased 07/20/13 (SYFY 2) - 21 Oct Given to daughter for 16th Birthday
Red 2LT Delivered 06/24/09 20 days (SYFY) traded 17 Oct 15 99,986 miles
mobilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 07:03 PM   #228
michael's maro
RAM'S CAMARO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilin View Post
Hope this is good to post here...

This will be my first road course... I have been drag funning (racing) with my V-6 Camaros at the Super Chevy show in PA for the last 3 yrs but never worried about going in a straight line, I do that enough at the lights and I drive on I66 every work day for about 50 miles one way.

Should I be concerned with wrecks? Or is setup to where they are rare and only happen if you push to hard? How often have you guys seen accidents with cars? Wondering if I need the extra insurance for the day?

Thanks!
Dennis
Very good questions
with this being your first road course event, you would be in the Novice group, you will have a instructor driving with you, and a couple of class room sessions.
Track insurance is optional, you can get it for this event since it's a HPDE event.
It is very rare that accidents happen, but they do.
Your instructor will hopefully not let you cross that line of being dangerous, or out of control.
always remember THIS IS NOT A RACE, it's about having a great time, learning a little, respecting the track, etc.
Hope this helps.
Michael
Old 03-10-2015, 07:41 PM   #229
mobilin

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS (119k miles)
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael's maro View Post
Very good questions
with this being your first road course event, you would be in the Novice group, you will have a instructor driving with you, and a couple of class room sessions.
Track insurance is optional, you can get it for this event since it's a HPDE event.
It is very rare that accidents happen, but they do.
Your instructor will hopefully not let you cross that line of being dangerous, or out of control.
always remember THIS IS NOT A RACE, it's about having a great time, learning a little, respecting the track, etc.
Hope this helps.
Michael
Thank you, that is how I approach this all as fun not a race. I don't mind losing, lol, Just want to see how fast I can get around without any damage!
Hot Red Camaro 2SS RS 17 Oct 2015 (SS 199) 31 Oct traded 64k miles
Torch Red Stingray 2LT Z51 16 Mar 2015 Delivered (NCM) (NO ECAR) - Sold 09/07/23 ~54k
Black LS Purchased 07/20/13 (SYFY 2) - 21 Oct Given to daughter for 16th Birthday
Red 2LT Delivered 06/24/09 20 days (SYFY) traded 17 Oct 15 99,986 miles
mobilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 08:00 PM   #230
tnspd

Drives: 18 Camaro ZL1 1LE (WILSON)
I am signed up for Friday, cant wait. Gonna be a blast!
tnspd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 09:34 PM   #231
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
fat and furious rolling thunder was there over winter. its supposed to air next show. xtreme experience is there next friday sat sun. and its supposed to be pretty tomorrow for the second of two enduros. gonna b a good year friend.
JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 05:10 PM   #232
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
As Thursdays NCM road course day is pretty much filled up, we want to make sure everyone knows that Fridays NCM road course still has spots available.

Yes, there is a cost difference between running Thursday as compared to Friday but the reason is simple....the track costs A LOT more to rent on a Friday than it does on a Thursday. It's usually easier for people to get one day off of work next to the weekend than it is during the week...so the track charges less on our day than on Mike's day.

So for those who can't make it until Thursday night or early, early Friday morning, give Michael a shout! Jump on in and have some fun on the NCM course!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:54 PM   #233
Optimus Prime

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
If I reserve and have to back out for any reason, I see there's a $25 cancellation fee. Does this mean I get a full refund (minus the $25) back as long as I cancel at least 30 days in advance? I don't want to and don't believe I will, but it's a little pricey, so I just want to be on the safe side.

Former garage: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS 6M
2011 Avalanche LT
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 04:19 AM   #234
michael's maro
RAM'S CAMARO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
If I reserve and have to back out for any reason, I see there's a $25 cancellation fee. Does this mean I get a full refund (minus the $25) back as long as I cancel at least 30 days in advance? I don't want to and don't believe I will, but it's a little pricey, so I just want to be on the safe side.
Yes, you are correct on the cancellation policy.
There are 2 rates for the track rental, weekday, and weekends, they classify Friday as a weekend, weekend rates are almost double.

Michael
Old 03-20-2015, 05:51 PM   #235
BPPM
BPPM

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible NPP CAI
I'm looking at signing up for the Friday ride but was wondering if convertibles are allowed and if so does it matter if the top is up or down?
BPPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 06:25 PM   #236
michael's maro
RAM'S CAMARO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPPM View Post
I'm looking at signing up for the Friday ride but was wondering if convertibles are allowed and if so does it matter if the top is up or down?
Great question, I had to re-read the track contract, this is what the track says.

All convertibles must be equipped with a roll bar. NOTE: Many manufactures roll hoops, roll bars designed for street use (none racing), as well as roll bars that terminate below the top of the driver's or any passenger's helmet shall not be approved.

There is a clause in the contract, I need to contact the track to get more info for you. I will keep you posted
Thanks
Michael
Old 03-20-2015, 07:21 PM   #237
BPPM
BPPM

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible NPP CAI
Another question in regards to allowing convertibles. If we cannot do the actual racing day, could a convertible at least run the parade lap on the course? Thanks for the help Micheal
BPPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 07:40 PM   #238
michael's maro
RAM'S CAMARO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPPM View Post
Another question in regards to allowing convertibles. If we cannot do the actual racing day, could a convertible at least run the parade lap on the course? Thanks for the help Micheal
I just received a e-mail from the NCM track.
this is what was sent to me
The camaro doesn't come with sufficient rollover protection, without an aftermarket rollbar, so we do not allow them for our events.

As far as parade laps yes you can do them with your convertible, I know it's not the same but you can always take a ride with any of the advanced drivers, just make sure you bring a helmet.
Michael