Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-14-2012, 10:23 AM   #57
wyd_trkr

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2LT/RS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria View Post
I plugged in with IPF, so I'm ready to hit the rollers. Just waiting for Jesse to get me a time.

John B.
How much was that Tune you Paid for? Also was that a one shot Laptop Tune, or do you have a Programmable Handheld Tuner? Thanks for your response!
My Link Navigation
Onstar & Bluetooth Built-In
K&N Panel Filter
Lumar/Pro WindowTint
Mailto: wyd_trkr@bellsouth.net
wyd_trkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:59 AM   #58
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
I'm a special case, since I just drove over to see Jesse with IPF. I didn't get any hardware out of it. I just drove up, he plugged in and I drove away. We struck a deal. I'd contact him directly to see what your cost would be.

In any case, it's worth it.

John B.
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:43 PM   #59
Henry G.

Drives: 2012 Camaro LFX,CAI,DynomaxVT,RX CC
Quote:
I plugged in with IPF, so I'm ready to hit the rollers. Just waiting for Jesse to get me a time.

John B.
Cant wait to see the results JB
Henry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #60
wyd_trkr

Exclamation

Quote:
I'm a special case, since I just drove over to see Jesse with IPF. I didn't get any hardware out of it. I just drove up, he plugged in and I drove away. We struck a deal. I'd contact him directly to see what your cost would be.

In any case, it's worth it.

John B.
I heard from a Reliable Source within the last couple of days that IPF gets $600 for a Canned Tune for these LLT or LFX V6 Camaro's! It would seem that one would offer a Handheld Programmable Tuner for the Price.

If there were others out there like Diablo Motorsport or Superchips selling a Triple Programmable Tuner ( 87-91-93 Octane ), that would be the ticket, as 99% of those off the shelf tunes dyno'ed in another part of the "Country or State" would not be good down here in South Florida at "O" Ft. Sea Level.

Just sayin' , as there is nothing as good as Dyno Tuned Programmable Tuner, programmed in the state in which you live, as Altitude Factors, Ambient Temperatures, Octane Available etc. come into Play, as other Variables would need to be adjusted for that particular climate! Do I hear an Amen To That Statement?
My Link Navigation
K&N Panel Filter
Lumar/Pro WindowTint

Last edited by wyd_trkr; 01-18-2013 at 09:55 PM.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:52 AM   #61
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd_trkr View Post
Altitude Factors, Ambient Temperatures, Octane Avilable etc. come into Play, as other Variables would need to be adjusted for that particular climate!
These are handled by onboard systems.

John B.
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #62
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
I heard from a Reliable Source within the last couple of days that IPF gets $600 for a Canned Tune for these LLT or LFX V6 Camaro's! It would seem that one would offer a Handheld Programmable Tuner for the Price.

If there were others out there like Diablo Motorsport or Superchips selling a Triple Programmable Tuner ( 87-91-93 Octane ), that would be the ticket, as 99% of those off the shelf tunes dyno'ed in another part of the "Country or State" would not be good down here in South Florida at "O" Ft. Sea Level.

Just sayin' , as there is nothing as good as Dyno Tuned Programmable Tuner, programmed in the state in which you live, as Altitude Factors, Ambient Temperatures, Octane Avilable etc. come into Play, as other Variables would need to be adjusted for that particular climate! Do I hear an Amen To That Statement?
It is not a "canned" tune. Its basically like Trifecta...and in fact they even ask for your altitude before then send you your tune. Also, they tweak the tune based on your mods, and finally they will have the ability for you to datalog, send back the logs, and then tweak your tune based on that.

I don't really consider that "canned", but yes it ain't cheap. Right now they are having a sale price of $499 if you have a local dealer that can do the tune for you. Then again, before Bad News Racing came along the Trifecta tunes were going for that price as well.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:25 PM   #63
wyd_trkr

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
It is not a "canned" tune. Its basically like Trifecta...and in fact they even ask for your altitude before then send you your tune. Also, they tweak the tune based on your mods, and finally they will have the ability for you to datalog, send back the logs, and then tweak your tune based on that.

I don't really consider that "canned", but yes it ain't cheap. Right now they are having a sale price of $499 if you have a local dealer that can do the tune for you. Then again, before Bad News Racing came along the Trifecta tunes were going for that price as well.
Again, there is NOTHING like a Genuine Dyno Tune, as all these Mail Order Tunes are a Hit & Miss situation. I know, because I have been doing this professionally for my customers the past 14 years and all these off the shelf tunes Do Not even compare, but can give you a little feel in the pants type of increase!

As far as the ECU's in these cars, they can compensate somewhat for adding a little more horsepower under wide open throttle by increasing the octane from 87 to 93, but other than that, it will Not completely readjust the parameters for an off the shelf tune, regardless as to who is doing it.

All this mail order stuff is Totally Hit & Miss, as 99% of the In-House Dyno Tuners know this, as to why more of the Real Gearheads out here want a True Dyno Tune, not an Approximation! For $500 to $600 for a Mail Order Tune, you can get the same thing doing a True Dyno Tune! No arguements intended, just stating the facts, based upon the money you are spending for that off the shelf tune!
My Link Navigation
K&N Panel Filter
Lumar/Pro WindowTint
Old 12-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #64
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Again, there is NOTHING like a Genuine Dyno Tune, as all these Mail Order Tunes are a Hit & Miss situation. I know, because I have been doing this professionally for my customers the past 14 years and all these off the shelf tunes Do Not even compare, but can give you a little feel in the pants type of increase!

As far as the ECU's in these cars, they can compensate somewhat for adding a little more horsepower under wide open throttle by increasing the octane from 87 to 93, but other than that, it will Not completely readjust the parameters for an off the shelf tune, regardless as to who is doing it.

All this mail order stuff is Totally Hit & Miss, as 99% of the In-House Dyno Tuners know this, as to why more of the Real Gearheads out here want a True Dyno Tune, not an Approximation! For $500 to $600 for a Mail Order Tune, you can get the same thing doing a True Dyno Tune! No arguements intended, just stating the facts, based upon the money you are spending for that off the shelf tune!
I don't disagree with you. Never said it was as good as a dyno tune. If you can dyno tune, that is always the best route. But for a guy like me...in my case I can't think of any place withing a few hours drive that has a dyno, this option works for me and would consider it somewhere between a plug and go canned tune, and a fully done up dyno tune.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #65
wyd_trkr

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I don't disagree with you. Never said it was as good as a dyno tune. If you can dyno tune, that is always the best route. But for a guy like me...in my case I can't think of any place withing a few hours drive that has a dyno, this option works for me and would consider it somewhere between a plug and go canned tune, and a fully done up dyno tune.
Hey, as long as you are satisfied with what you have, then keep it until something better comes long and upgrade!
My Link Navigation
K&N Panel Filter
Lumar/Pro WindowTint
Old 01-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #66
Strider044

Drives: 2015 2ss/rs Commemorative edition
Im ready to Dyno my 2012 1ls m6. Got a Mrt2, Ported Throttle Body, And a CAI from K&n(No Codes thrown and its been on for 6 months). My car Pulls well too.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:39 PM   #67
wyd_trkr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider044 View Post
Im ready to Dyno my 2012 1ls m6. Got a Mrt2, Ported Throttle Body, And a CAI from K&n(No Codes thrown and its been on for 6 months). My car Pulls well too.
What tune do you have with those Mods on your car? Let us know how well it Dyno's!
Old 01-10-2013, 01:53 PM   #68
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Type and make of dyno: Dynomite
ODO at the time of the dyno: ~12K mi.
Temperature: ?
Manual/auto: Auto
Gear used(3rd or 4th): 4th
Modification: EFR twin turbo, ZL fuel pump, 3200 torque converter, 10:1 CR forged pistons, GPI 93 Octane tune
Correction used(STD or SAE): SAE and STD
Result:

Convert was not locked for these pulls, so much they start a little later than you normally see. The max TQ is actually made at lower RPMs so we don't know the real values.

SAE: 501.9 RWHP/431.1 RWTQ
Name:  93OCTSAE.jpg
Views: 1308
Size:  63.5 KB
STD: 532.1 RWHP/453.4 RWTQ
Name:  93OCTSTD.jpg
Views: 1343
Size:  61.3 KB

Last edited by GretchenGotGrowl; 01-10-2013 at 05:27 PM.
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:59 PM   #69
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Type and make of dyno: Dynomite
ODO at the time of the dyno: ~12K mi.
Temperature: ?
Manual/auto: Auto
Gear used(3rd or 4th): 4th
Modification: EFR twin turbo, ZL fuel pump, 3200 torque converter, 10:1 CR forged pistons, GPI 93 Octane tune
Correction used(STD or SAE): SAE and STD
Result:

Convert was not locked for these pulls, so much they start a little later than you normally see. The max TQ is actually made at lower RPMs so we don't know the real values.

SAE: 501.9 RWHP/431.1 RWTQ
Attachment 461013
STD: 532.1 RWHP/453.4 RWTQ
Attachment 461014
Now that's impressive!

First post has been updated!

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/