Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-22-2015, 07:28 PM   #1
InfernoB
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro 2SS RS L99 Blk with IOM pkg.
Flowmaster Outlaw 817504 Where to CUT???

I have seen the installation file from Flowmaster; they recommend cutting 9.5" from the end of hangers in the directions. However, on their website they have an install peformed and the Flowmaster Tech recommends cutting at 9" from the end of hangers?

Question: Anyone know the "SPECIFIC MEASURMENT" from the hangers that will set your exhaust tips to the "ORIGINAL FACTORY POSITION"? This will be helpful in determining where to cut in the event that you want your exhaust tips to extend a little further, or vise-versa? If we know what measurement will yeild the factory location, we can simply subtract an inch or two to get the tips where we "WANT THEM"? It would be terrible to cut it too short!!!
InfernoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 08:35 PM   #2
OUTATIME

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
I had the same confusion when installing mine - 2 years ago so my memory is fuzzy. What I did was cut less (maybe 8", I don't remember), test-fit, and then cut again until I got the tips to the desired place.

Once you cut too much you can never go back. Good luck.
OUTATIME is offline   Reply With Quote