Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-12-2018, 10:21 PM   #57
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Well i guess its a matter of opinion. Ive had mine for 5 years and I dont have any issues.
It seems one either loves it, or hates it.

I assume GM got a lot of negative feedback, it's unusual to change steering wheel designs after only 2 model years.
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:25 PM   #58
TintcoatTrooper

Drives: '10 RJT 2ss *RIP* '13 CRT 1ss 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0r3yr0s3 View Post
It has phone Bluetooth so you can make hands-free calls but I have to use a cord in the auxiliary port for music from my phone

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I dont think thats correct.. i had a 2010 2ss ls3 and i used bluetooth no problem for music....

Also i have a 2013 CRT 1ss 1LE 50k miles with headers and borla atak i might be looking to sell ...
TintcoatTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:31 PM   #59
Tyestick

Drives: 15’ 1LE/2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Goat View Post
You should have easily gotten about 15-17k for your car. I've been looking all over the country on what GTO's are going for and I'm seeing 15-17k all day long. Also, Yellow Jacket ones are hard to find. There's no way I'm trading mine in and getting screwed. I'll sell it the hard way.

I sold a 99 Trans am 7 yrs ago to buy a Goat and it only took me a week. It had 120k on it. I got 8k. I bet my car sells in less than a week for 15k.
Private sale pricing was around $12k-$13k. That was on the higher side of pricing. I would have loved to get $15k-$17k. Higher prices GTO’s, people are sitting on them for awhile. Trust me. Not to say that you won’t get whatever you’re asking for, but just be prepared.

I watched the GTO price market fluctuate for over a year, and about a year or so ago my GTO was worth $15k, but has came down in value.

I had a very, very short window to move my GTO, and get my 1LE. Everything worked out, and I’m very happy.

You see the listed prices, but most people will never tell you what it actually sold for. Some people are too embarrassed to admit they took a loss. Others will tell you it’s none of your business. Just depends on what you ask.

I hope you get your asking price, and I hope you get the camaro that you want.
Tyestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:45 PM   #60
c0r3yr0s3

Drives: 2012 camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by TintcoatTrooper View Post
I dont think thats correct.. i had a 2010 2ss ls3 and i used bluetooth no problem for music....

Also i have a 2013 CRT 1ss 1LE 50k miles with headers and borla atak i might be looking to sell ...
I must have gave up to soon.. I'll try again tomorrow and I hope it works because that's the only thing that I don't like about my car

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
c0r3yr0s3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 11:04 PM   #61
05Goat

Drives: 2005 Pontiac GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyestick View Post
Private sale pricing was around $12k-$13k. That was on the higher side of pricing. I would have loved to get $15k-$17k. Higher prices GTO’s, people are sitting on them for awhile. Trust me. Not to say that you won’t get whatever you’re asking for, but just be prepared.

I watched the GTO price market fluctuate for over a year, and about a year or so ago my GTO was worth $15k, but has came down in value.

I had a very, very short window to move my GTO, and get my 1LE. Everything worked out, and I’m very happy.

You see the listed prices, but most people will never tell you what it actually sold for. Some people are too embarrassed to admit they took a loss. Others will tell you it’s none of your business. Just depends on what you ask.

I hope you get your asking price, and I hope you get the camaro that you want.
I hope I get at least 14k. What color was your GTO? Did you have any mods?
05Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 11:33 PM   #62
907 chad

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
If you plan on doing a lot of performance modding i would take a look at a 13 ZL1. They are about 10 grand more, but the engine is already some what built, they come with the 6l90 trans, stronger rear end, stronger axles, better brakes, and an extra 180hp stock. I love my 10 2ss but i quickly wanted much more power. For about 10 grand you can get a SS up to 600hp very reliably, but much more and it snowballs out of control.
907 chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 11:38 PM   #63
05Goat

Would love a ZL1, I just can't swing it. Plus, I don't get to drive a sports car enough to justify it because of winter. If I lived somewhere warm and I was a DR.. In a heartbeat.. :P
Old 03-13-2018, 12:23 AM   #64
907 chad

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
I can relate when I bought my SS it was out of my price range plus I live in Alaska
907 chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:33 AM   #65
05Goat

The one thing I like about the Corvette and GTO is there is only one version. There is no plain jane 6 cyl version. Same with the Challenger and Mustang.. Just kind of waters the brand down. JMO of course.
Old 03-13-2018, 01:05 AM   #66
Spec

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Bluetooth is the only upgrade I'd want on my '10 SS... beyond that, I've made it mine and its perfect to my liking. Only thing that could make it better is a supercharger or set of turbos.

My '10 was the sweet spot.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:39 AM   #67
GatorGreg

Drives: '14 Blue Ray ("Suite Madame Blue")
Quote:
The one thing I like about the Corvette and GTO is there is only one version. There is no plain jane 6 cyl version. Same with the Challenger and Mustang.. Just kind of waters the brand down. JMO of course.
That's funny because the very thing that kept me from getting the GTO back in the day was how plain I thought it was. I really wanted to like it and it had a nice V8 but it looked like a freaking Cavalier! It had skinny tires, a lame stereo, and no drop top or even a sunroof option. Tacking on the fake nostrils in '05 only made it worse IMO. I ended up getting an '04 Cobra Vert instead.

In contrast, my "plain jane" V6 2LT RS Camaro vert looks like a supermodel in comparison to the fugly GTO (no offense). And the technology and features of my "plain jane" V6 Camaro make the GTO look like something Fred Flinstone would drive. Also, my 323 hp "plain jane" V6 Camaro (when equipped with the 20" RS wheel option) has the same 155 mph governed top speed as the GTO And speaking of "watering the brand down", the dissapointing sales of the GTO helped contribute to killing off the entire Pontiac brand which really sucked!

Also, only one version of the vette? I seem to remember many different versions including Verts, Grand Sports, Z06, ZR1, etc. But you're right there was only one version of the modern GTO, too bad it was so bland.

Last edited by GatorGreg; 03-13-2018 at 02:50 AM.
GatorGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:20 AM   #68
Tyestick

Drives: 15’ 1LE/2SS/RS
While I enjoyed the GTO for the duration I had it, I haven’t looked back since getting my Camaro.

The GTO, at 12yrs old, was starting to show it’s age. I loved the ‘sleeper’ aspect of the car, and the leather interior. (Although it was of a cheaper leather, it was still nicer than some of chunky, cheesy plastic interiors of cars 2006+)

I missed the creature comforts. The auto dimming mirrors, Bluetooth, and a interior that I don’t have to worry about the seams splitting on the upholstery.
My 1LE was a 1-owner, certified preowned vehicle. Still has a bumper-bumper warranty.

Need to replace some parts on your Camaro? No problem. Extremely plentiful, and people aren’t gouging prices unlike GTO parts.

Parts for the GTO are getting harder to find, and good luck trying to fit a wider tire on the rear, unless you wanted to roll the fenders.

What about that key fob that’s the size of a dinner plate, but only works 2 feet from the car? I’m being generous on the 2ft distance as well. Need to replace that battery on the fob? You have to replace the entire key fob. Sure, you could split the key fob, and solder the battery, but no thanks.

I mean, yeah, I could go on, and on, but I won’t.

It was a nice ride, I enjoyed it, but it was time to move on.
Tyestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:13 AM   #69
SecondZ28

Quote:
Camaro, Challenger and Mustang wouldn't survive if they were all V8's. They need the V6 (and now turbo 4-cylinders) for volume.

Sure the GTO was only LS1/LS2 but how did that work out? It couldn't make it long enough to see Pontiac's death in 2009
'87 GN
Old 03-13-2018, 10:26 AM   #70
SecondZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorGreg View Post
That's funny because the very thing that kept me from getting the GTO back in the day was how plain I thought it was. It had skinny tires, a lame stereo, and no drop top or even a sunroof option. I ended up getting an '04 Cobra Vert instead.

In contrast, my "plain jane" V6 2LT RS Camaro vert !

Also, only one version of the vette? I seem to remember many different versions including Verts, Grand Sports, Z06, ZR1, etc. But you're right there was only one version of the modern GTO, too bad it was so bland.
No sunroof was exactly what kept me from it too. I wanted one to replace my WS6, but ended up going to Corvette

Curious how you came down from a Terminator to a V6 Camaro??

I think he was trying to refer to all Vettes being 8-cylinders
'87 GN