Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-13-2019, 08:48 AM   #1
Morgan.13

Drives: 2011 camaro 1ss
Limp mode after pull

Just got the car back from the tuner after a supercharger install. I was doing a WOT pull on the way home and when I let off the car went into limp mode. Car is throwing a P0121 and P0068. After clearing the codes car runs fine. But keeps repeating. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Torqstorm supercharger
Lethal racing night fury cam
Long tube headers
Morgan.13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 10:09 AM   #2
1fast
8.60 @ 157 @ 4200lbs

Drives: 2010 Gen 5
It's in the tune theirs a few parameters need addressed call your tuner. Or if you have hp tuners I'll look at file for you.
1fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 10:11 AM   #3
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Make sure your tuner disables your high voltage test on the map sensor. Also, they may need to add to the airflow correlation tables. Did you go into limp mode?

Also you might want to relearn your tps sensor with a scan tool.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 11:50 AM   #4
pappyglide

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
So you're running the Torqstorm with the night fury cam? How many pounds of boost did you get? What hp tq did you get on the dyno? Thanks in advanced.
pappyglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 03:34 PM   #5
Morgan.13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fast View Post
It's in the tune theirs a few parameters need addressed call your tuner. Or if you have hp tuners I'll look at file for you.

My tuner has all access to it, using hptuners. I will have to talk to him on Monday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-13-2019, 03:36 PM   #6
Morgan.13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced1 View Post
Make sure your tuner disables your high voltage test on the map sensor. Also, they may need to add to the airflow correlation tables. Did you go into limp mode?

Also you might want to relearn your tps sensor with a scan tool.

Yes car goes into limp mode anytime I get on to it and let off quickly. Throwing the same code each time.

Old 07-13-2019, 07:45 PM   #7
Vanishing Point

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS, LSX, 4L80E
Had same problem. It is tuning. Tuner said it was just problematic intake and that he spoke to peers all over the country and couldn’t fix it. Blamed it on Edelbrock. Mine did it about once every dozen pulls. I had to live with it. Pull over to the side of the road, shut it off, give it time to reset, then go again. Figured I would be changing blowers and intake a bit down the road. Then after I moved another tuner tuned it out while fixing other issues that tuner left behind.

Could avoid it if just less than WOT.
Vanishing Point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 12:27 AM   #8
707 SS

Drives: 2010 2SS
Happened to me at the drag strip last week after I changed the intake tube on my f1A Procharger To a direct filter brought in a lot more air and didn’t have any drive time trailered my car to the track. Happened 3 times in a row reset my computer every time. What you need to do is drive time get your computer used to your changes that’s what I’m doing your computer will adjust unless your tuner was way off.After you get your computer adjusted with some drive time then do a massive bun out and your computer should have calibrated Enough for race time.
707 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 07:37 AM   #9
Morgan.13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 707 SS View Post
Happened to me at the drag strip last week after I changed the intake tube on my f1A Procharger To a direct filter brought in a lot more air and didn’t have any drive time trailered my car to the track. Happened 3 times in a row reset my computer every time. What you need to do is drive time get your computer used to your changes that’s what I’m doing your computer will adjust unless your tuner was way off.After you get your computer adjusted with some drive time then do a massive bun out and your computer should have calibrated Enough for race time.

Well after a weekend of street driving and constantly clearing the codes after any pull. The computer has not adjusted, I’m going to see if the tuner can data log it and look into it for me.

Old 07-17-2019, 05:03 PM   #10
Vanishing Point

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS, LSX, 4L80E
I’ve played that game as well. Put a few hundred miles on it at tuner’s request trying to “teach” the computer to overcome something. Didn’t work for me either. Sounds like some urban myth. Somebody, somewhere, once coincidentally had an issue resolve and then this became a hopeful fix it method.

Good way to get the car out of the shop. Good way to make it look like the fix it duration has started all over again. Good way to make it look like everything is being tried. Umm, drive it around?
Vanishing Point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 08:52 AM   #11
zlathim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 707 SS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanishing Point View Post
I’ve played that game as well. Put a few hundred miles on it at tuner’s request trying to “teach” the computer to overcome something. Didn’t work for me either. Sounds like some urban myth. Somebody, somewhere, once coincidentally had an issue resolve and then this became a hopeful fix it method.

Good way to get the car out of the shop. Good way to make it look like the fix it duration has started all over again. Good way to make it look like everything is being tried. Umm, drive it around?
That sounds suspiciously like what a well known tuner on here told me when he couldn't get my tune done correctly. What a crock of $h!t.
BMR cradle & diff bushings, trailing arms, toe rods & upper control arm bushings
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
4.10 gears, Eaton Truetrac, LPW diff cover
Best 1/4 mile 12.073 @ 115.68 mph 3,300 ft DA
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:28 AM   #12
Morgan.13

Little update, brought the car back to the tuner. He looked through everything and made some adjustments, we went for a little drive and made sure it wouldn’t happen again! Cars runs great now and no issues. Nice to have a good tuner by me that’s not just pushing cars out the door.

Old 09-23-2019, 04:45 PM   #13
BadAquaBluSS
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS/RS, Red 85 Z28
Can someone take a look at my tune or tell me how to resolve this problem, my car started going into limp mode after a WOT 3rd gear run ( to 7000 rpm) then I get the flashing CEL light and sets codes, usually telling me that there’s a random misfire, and a misfire detected on number cylinder 2, I’ve replaced the coil, plug wire, plug, fuel injector, rocker arm, push rod and even lifter on that’s cylinder???? Also did a compression test on the engine, number 2 cylinder has the highest compression. Codes P0300, P0302, P1682 and U0140
AGP Twin Turbo, RPS Triple Carbon Clutch, ZL1 Diff with 3.73 gears and Kooks 3" Stainless Steel Exhaust with X Crossover, Kooks Stainless Steel Mufflers, Go Fast Bits EBC, AEM Methanol injection and AEM gauges UEGO and Fuel pressure, Livernois's dual fuel pump, KB Boost a Pump, AUS 1000cc injectors, Full BMR suspension with Koni shocks, JDP Color Changing Halos, Color Changing Scanner Light Bar and Rockford Fosgate T Series Amp's Kicker L7 Sub's.

Build Thread:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=400372
BadAquaBluSS is offline   Reply With Quote