Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-27-2015, 10:59 AM   #99
Drm2Reality

Drives: Possibly a 1LE in the near future.
Yeah....that is true. BUT the base of the problem is the Camaro driver.

I highly doubt the pickup driver would have maintained the speed he did if the dumbass Camaro realized he/she should not be driving a vehicle and gave up some room and acted with apology being the incapable driver he/she is.

I am sorry...but you can not put blame on any one other than the Camaro driver.

For those of you to think that if you were in the same situation as the pickup driver and some other person takes you out and you would think that it is your own fault is hilarious.
Drm2Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 11:02 AM   #100
squat

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardface View Post
If you ever get so worked up over driving that it causes accidents like in the video, you need anger management help.

Everyone seems to forget the Camaro intentionally almost ran the truck off the road in the opening part of the video. The Camaro driver was the a-hole from beginning to end and deserves to pay all the damages involved and be criminally charged with reckless driving.

Sorry, but Road Rage is becoming an out of control problem in the US, not to mention elsewhere. We need to stop making excuses for out of control pissed off people behind the wheel.
While I agree with what you said one of the things my drivers ed instructor drilled into us was that we should always be courteous drivers. Each class period he gave us a story of someone pissing off another driver, that driver then goes on to do some insane things. One person followed them home and split his head open. Another person pulled out a gun and shot at them while they were still on the road.

I'd much rather be inconvenienced by a few minutes or whatever than anger someone I know nothing about.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:07 AM   #101
sene

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LS
I would have acted no different if I was in the pick-up driver's shoes. 10/10 would do again.

For all those saying what if the Camaro had a medical emergency, well that's what we have ambulances with flashing lights for.
sene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 11:15 AM   #102
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sene View Post
I would have acted no different if I was in the pick-up driver's shoes. 10/10 would do again.

For all those saying what if the Camaro had a medical emergency, well that's we have ambulances with flashing lights for.
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 11:17 AM   #103
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarky View Post
nah, the camaro was typical douchebag. the truck was typical douchebag. even the dash cam guy was following too close at times.
when you see this usual highway nonsense it is best to get away. ahead or behind but get away from the idiots.
it's a terrible shame that dash cam guys super important phone call had to be interrupted. :P
^^This^^ I use the Camaro horsepower to "get away" or back off, I was almost in a similar
but not the same incident with another car yrs ago, but had an open 3rd lane to get away.
In this case, dash cam guy was blocked so he should have backed off, like he did.
Too many people try to pass on right and cut you off! Camaro way wrong.
Hope he was OK.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:22 AM   #104
SteelCamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3hta1 View Post
According to National DOT records, driving fast causes fewer accidents then people driving to slow and or blocking the flow of traffic.

http://www.motorists.org/speed-limits/faq

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solomon_curve
I think it comes down to our society having the attention span of a goldfish nowadays. If people would just pay attention to what's up ahead and see that traffic is slowing down, instead of looking at their phone, fixing their hair, changing the radio, talking to their friends, etc., then maybe they could anticipate the slower moving traffic and adjust accordingly.

I agree with whoever said above that we should be retested every time our license is renewed. There are too many drivers out there that shouldn't be on the road...and it seems to be increasing daily. Cars are metal missiles that could take anyone's life at any given moment, and yet they're taken much lighter than that by most.
SteelCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 11:57 AM   #105
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
I hate when people do that, just move out the way and be courteous.. the truck drivers were all at fault..

People that do those types of things have issues, if the person is in a rush why bother him and hold em up?

All at fault but if someone is almost running you off the road you should get out the way instead of aggravating them further.

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 12:00 PM   #106
card33

Drives: 2013 hotwheels 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardface View Post
If you ever get so worked up over driving that it causes accidents like in the video, you need anger management help.

Everyone seems to forget the Camaro intentionally almost ran the truck off the road in the opening part of the video. The Camaro driver was the a-hole from beginning to end and deserves to pay all the damages involved and be criminally charged with reckless driving.

Sorry, but Road Rage is becoming an out of control problem in the US, not to mention elsewhere. We need to stop making excuses for out of control pissed off people behind the wheel.
Old 04-27-2015, 12:06 PM   #107
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
I drive for a living, not OTR, just company vehicle, and I can tell you, having received quite a bit of driving training, everyone is at fault. the camaro is obvious. driving recklessly, tailgating, etc, etc. the pickup truck was doing everything he could to irritate the camaro. he knew he had an impatient, reckless driver behind him and decided to push his buttons anyways. he decided to poke the bear, and the bear got him. additionally, as other have said, cruising in the left hand lane at a minimum is illegal in most states. intentionally blocking someone in like that would probably constitute reckless or improper driving. for all those defending him, do you think he'd be doing that if there were a cop two cars back? and lastly the 18 wheeler. He's without a doubt the least at fault. but as anyone who has any kind of professional training driving a vehicle knows, one of the most important things when driving a vehicle is to leave a cushion of space around you whenever possible. you never drive in a pack, on someones ass etc. that allows you to not only avoid this kind of nonsense, but the space and time to deal with it when it does happen. the accident was in no way his fault, but buy refusing to follow some techniques that all commercial drivers are taught he failed to keep himself out of it. should have slowed down and let those two idiots play their games down the road and not been a party to it.

they're all at fault to some extent, but the truck driver and camaro drivers should loose their licenses for awhile to ponder their stupidity.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 12:06 PM   #108
rc610

Drives: 2020 2SS SGM - Stock for now
I agree that the camaro driver was a jerk. The puckup driver was too. I see ppl daily driving in the left lane being passed by folks in the center and right lanes. There's no point in blocking ppl who are trying to go faster. That's why I try my best to stay off to myself while cruising on highways and interstates. Too many wreck less drivers and too many @$$holes who need to retake their driving tests

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rc610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 12:17 PM   #109
vfgtyh

Drives: ford
Camaro wrong truck wrong everyone wrong. He blocked camaro tried to go around.. the highway is no place for anyone to mess around
vfgtyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 12:34 PM   #110
Cam_Cam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by c5Legend View Post
I hate when people do that, just move out the way and be courteous.. the truck drivers were all at fault..

People that do those types of things have issues, if the person is in a rush why bother him and hold em up?

All at fault but if someone is almost running you off the road you should get out the way instead of aggravating them further.
Because man, people who are assholes need to be citizen policed in a dangerous manner that endangers other drivers. Why is this so hard to understand?

/sarcasm
Cam_Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 12:35 PM   #111
SeaCompiler
...not a marine biologist

Drives: 2012 Camaro RY SS LS3
Camaro driver is at fault for sure, truck will likely be charged with impeding traffic, and I am sure both insurance companies will be dropping them. However, it is easy to think rationally while sitting at home or in a cubicle. A lot of rational people have done a lot of terribly irrational things in a fit of anger - especially when people keep poking the iron at you. (reminds me of that scene in the movie A Christmas Story when Ralphie beats up the bully)
Forged 416 stroker Turbocharged with Huron Speed with Cam Motion custom grind,Tuned by Vengeance, 8psi, 25% PowerBond UDP, Ported TB, shaved heads, LS9 gaskets, chromoly pushrods, BT trunnions & dual valve springs, IWIS, Might Mouse CC, SJM Line Lock,, MSD 2-Step, ZL1 Rear End, ZL1 spoiler, Strut Brace, ARP bolts, Skip shift elim, A-Pillar Gauges, FR Style 41 20X10, 3 inch exhaust, blackouts, Lowered, Custom badges, Hines vents,RPI fender vents, Technostalgia Tail Lights, Metra Kit, Pioneer stereo, Morimoto RGB Halos,
"The Great Awakening" on gab.com
SeaCompiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 12:53 PM   #112
xk49

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT Convertible
As a major sufferer of Intermittent Explosive Disorder(yes, it's a real thing) I'm one of the slowest drivers on the Interstate now. I'd much rather be passed then deal with all the morons on the road in the left lane. I've been that Camaro guy and I've been that truck guy as well, both actions(reaction) probably precipitated by some other jerk in a car having zero respect for the other drivers on the rode.
Flowmaster Force II Axle back, Kooks LT's and Highflow Cats, Oracle Side Makers, BC Coilovers, E-Force Supercharger, Rotofab Intake, HexVents, ACS T4 Splitter/Rockers/Wind Deflectors, Aeroforce dual pod, Autometer boost/WB analog gauges, MRR M228 20x10 20x11 Nitto Invo 275/315's, CDC Sport Bar, Tuned by Slowhawk Performance.
xk49 is offline   Reply With Quote