Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-27-2015, 03:58 PM   #211
Beardface

Drives: '11 topless 2LT RS & '05 Altima SER
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Look, everyone knows what the Camaro did throughout the video was just plane dumb/illegal. He was drunk. we all get this. The pickup was doing nothing wrong...until he slowed down to match the second semis speed. That being against the law or not, is irrelevant. It's the wrong thing to do. A lot of people in here need to go take a defensive driving course.
Could the pickup have handled the situation better? Sure, but legally, and insurance-wise, he didn't do anything wrong.

We need to stop making excuses for the dumb aggressive shit people do behind the wheel. Over and over again in this thread all we hear about are how people who don't move over so you can continue blazing along at whatever speeds (likely way above the posted limits) you're traveling piss you off more than anything else. Well, at what point do you realize that maybe you're the one being the asshole instead of everyone else preventing you from going the speeds you want. Now I'm not saying that's always the case, but there definitely seems to be some kind of thought process that some think that the "Slower traffic keep right" signs mean you can haul ass at whatever speeds you want, with everyone getting out of your way as if you have lights and sirens on your vehicle. That just isn't the way things work. Just because you're the fastest one on the road doesn't mean you're the king of the highway with everyone bending to your will.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:00 PM   #212
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLmanTN View Post
Truck wasn't blocking the camaro in until he started tail gating. You can see the shadow of a vehicle in front of the truck...

I'd like you see you guys in the same shoes of the pickup. If someone tried to run you off the road, your telling me you wouldn't keep his sorry ass behind you for a few miles given the chance?

Hypocrites!
I can tell you I would not for the very reason of what happened in the video. If someone near me is driving in an unpredictable way, I am going to get away from them ASAP. Whether I speed up or slow down, I am getting away from them.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:00 PM   #213
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
the pickup cut off the Camaro at the beginning, after that he was next to the semi so i don't know where he was going to move over to. what the pickup did at the beginning was wrong, but the Camaro trying to pass on the side of the road was idiotic.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:03 PM   #214
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardface View Post
Could the pickup have handled the situation better? Sure, but legally, and insurance-wise, he didn't do anything wrong.
That's my whole point. It doesn't matter what is legal or not. it's about right and wrong. And if you can't see that the pickup boxing in the Camaro is wrong, then you too, are wrong. the safest, smartest, and right thing to do in a situation with an aggressive driver is to let them pass.

and i'm not absolving the Camaro driver. but two wrongs don't make a right.

Quote:
We need to stop making excuses for the dumb aggressive shit people do behind the wheel. Over and over again in this thread all we hear about are how people who don't move over so you can continue blazing along at whatever speeds (likely way above the posted limits) you're traveling piss you off more than anything else. Well, at what point do you realize that maybe you're the one being the asshole instead of everyone else preventing you from going the speeds you want. Now I'm not saying that's always the case, but there definitely seems to be some kind of thought process that some think that the "Slower traffic keep right" signs mean you can haul ass at whatever speeds you want, with everyone getting out of your way as if you have lights and sirens on your vehicle. That just isn't the way things work. Just because you're the fastest one on the road doesn't mean you're the king of the highway with everyone bending to your will.
Tell me, how is boxing in an aggressive driver going to help in any way? you think the aggressive driver will learn their lesson? nope. it's not anyone's job to police the roads, unless you are an officer.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:07 PM   #215
SR71

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Only one I feel bad for in that scenario is the semi driver, with the truck matching his speed it didn't matter what he did, he was caught in the middle.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:10 PM   #216
SR71

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
Hell yes I wouldn't. If he was on my ass I would speed up and move over to let him pass.

1. It's not my job to police the roads.
2. I can now drive a bit faster since any cops waiting to ticket people will tag him first.
3. I have no idea what the other driver is like. They could be unstable, have a gun, decide to follow me to my destination and confront me... All things I don't ever want to deal with. ****ing yes I would let them pass. It's not worth the few minutes of satisfaction.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:10 PM   #217
Beardface

Drives: '11 topless 2LT RS & '05 Altima SER
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
That's my whole point. It doesn't matter what is legal or not. it's about right and wrong. And if you can't see that the pickup boxing in the Camaro is wrong, then you too, are wrong. the safest, smartest, and right thing to do in a situation with an aggressive driver is to let them pass.

and i'm not absolving the Camaro driver. but two wrongs don't make a right.

Tell me, how is boxing in an aggressive driver going to help in any way? you think the aggressive driver will learn their lesson? nope. it's not anyone's job to police the roads, unless you are an officer.
I find it interesting you equate going the speed limit with policing the road.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:10 PM   #218
macwest

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 70 Cuda, 71 Cuda
Quote:

Since he sped up then slowed to trucks speed and this is based on the video, in California, he could be charged with aggressive driving and found at fault.

Quote:
if there is more then one lane and you are impeding people from going around by maintaining the speed of the car next to you, sounds like policing to me. The appropriate thing to do is move over, to the right, and let the faster vehicle pass.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:15 PM   #219
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Everyone that says truck driver was right is 90 years old and deserves license to be torn up. YES I SAID WHAT EVERYONE ELSE WAS THINKING.
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:17 PM   #220
squat

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger
Quote:
He wasn't 'going the speed limit'. The truck driver was slowing down and speeding up to match the speed of the rig next to him. What he did is legal and he shouldn't be found at fault for anything. But as a human being he's a giant douche.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:21 PM   #221
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
you must not have noticed the pickup truck cruising past the first semi, and cruising past the second semi...until he reached the front of the second semi and then kept the same speed.

but you can continue to assume things that I say, when I didn't.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:26 PM   #222
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
the pickup cut off the Camaro at the beginning, after that he was next to the semi so i don't know where he was going to move over to. what the pickup did at the beginning was wrong, but the Camaro trying to pass on the side of the road was idiotic.
actually, I think the Camaro was trying to cut off the pickup at the beginning of the whole thing, but then the pickup sped up. the pickup was going past the first semi and then was going pass the second semi, and then slowed down to box in the Camaro. the pickup could/should have continued his speed and pulled to the right, in front of the semi, to let the drunk Camaro driver pass.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:47 PM   #223
KR4545

Drives: 2012 2SS
I once saw a TV commercial from Greece, it was a safe driving PSA in subtitles. It showed a bunch of people standing in a party and all of a sudden people make a mad dash for the buffet table, knocking each other over, punching and pushing and then grabbing the food. The screen goes blank then the words "don't do things with a car that you wouldn't do without one". They should remake that PSA in English!
KR4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 05:17 PM   #224
sene

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizaro View Post
Everyone that says truck driver was right is 90 years old and deserves license to be torn up. YES I SAID WHAT EVERYONE ELSE WAS THINKING.

I'm 25 and think the pick-up driver should get an award and a parade in his honor.
sene is offline   Reply With Quote