Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-27-2015, 06:02 PM   #239
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
This was 200% the Camaro's fault. You can't control how others drive on the road, but you can control yourself. Once the Camaro decided to pass on the shoulder he broke the law. I agree the pick up should of been courteous, but the Camaro started off trying get over and force the pick up over. Remember that in the beginning of the video?.. I think that made the pick up driver angry. And no law says you have to be courteous on the road. It is a law that you can't pass on the shoulder.. Only the Camaro driver was charged!!
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:05 PM   #240
squat

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
This was 200% the Camaro's fault. You can't control how others drive on the road, but you can control yourself. Once the Camaro decided to pass on the shoulder he broke the law. I agree the pick up should of been courteous, but the Camaro started off trying get over and force the pick up over. Remember that in the beginning of the video?.. I think that made the pick up driver angry. And no law says you have to be courteous on the road. It is a law that you can't pass on the shoulder.. Only the Camaro driver was charged!!
You are technically correct, and I happen to agree with you. But the pickup driver could've died because he decided to teach the camaro a lesson. That's never worth it.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:13 PM   #241
sene

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizaro View Post
Youre too young to own a camaro.
How do you figure? I own a home as well, will that be an issue as well? You can PM with your concerns and I will be sure to get back to you as soon as possible

The guy in the pick up prevented the drunk driver from causing something even more castrophic.
sene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:14 PM   #242
SteelCamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by macwest View Post
How can you say kudos to the pick up. he was an idiot to do what he did. if the car was driving that erratically move over and call 911. The pickup truck is just lucky it was not worse had the truck driver been killed both the camaro and pick up driver, I can see, being charged with manslaughter.
And how can YOU say that letting a drunk driver just go past you freely, putting everyone's life ahead of you at risk, is a good idea and the right thing to do? The pickup DID take it way too far, which he was a complete idiot for doing. That said, he still most likely prevented something more catastrophic (and dare I say fatal) from happening, as the guy was drunk off his ass. What are the chances the police would have actually caught the guy by the time they responded to the 911 call? Probably pretty low, and he would still be driving around erratic and drunk, unpunished for his actions. Again like I said, the pickup shouldn't have taken it that far, but still kudos to him for preventing what could have been MUCH worse, whether that was his intention or not.

Last edited by SteelCamaro; 04-27-2015 at 06:29 PM.
SteelCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:21 PM   #243
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by sene View Post
The guy in the pick up prevented the drunk driver from causing something even more castrophic.
oh please. I really doubt that's what was on his mind at the time. This was road rage, not a case of heroic's.

But even if it was, perhaps next time he decides to play unofficial super cop, he could make sure he doesn't take out other vehicles in the process?

I see drunk drivers on the road just about every night. If I used my vehicle as a weapon against everyone of them, that'd get expensive fast. I prefer to use my dashcam and cell phone against them instead.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:24 PM   #244
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
You are technically correct, and I happen to agree with you. But the pickup driver could've died because he decided to teach the camaro a lesson. That's never worth it.
Absolutely!!! It's better to let things go when dealing with an aggressor driver. Two things I don't do on the hwy:

1) If someone is in the fast lane I don't ride their bumper trying to force them over. I wait for safe opportunity to go around. I'm not mad if they don't want to get over

2) If I'm in the fast lane I always get over to let faster traffic pass.

Keep those two things in mind and you will be safe.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:26 PM   #245
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
Did you miss the part where the pickup sped up so as not to let the camaro in? Camaro driver is certainly an idiot and deserves to have his license revoked/sued/whatever, but pickup truck driver egged him on. Doing that is not worth it.

You have no idea what other drivers on the road are like. You don't know what state of mind they're in. You don't know why they're in a hurry.

It's a far better approach to just stay away from aggressive drivers. If that means letting them pass you on the right and then cutting you off then so be it. Pickup driver could've easily died in this accident. Is your life worth 'teaching someone a lesson'?
I agree with you.. which is why I called the pickup driver a douche. He was an idiot. But he didn't break the law, and he isn't in the wrong. It's legal to be a douche, it's not legal to drive around with brake lights out, or to pass people on the right, or to pass people off of the road, or to speed, or to be under the influence of alcohol.

The pick up driver is a douche... that's the end of the story for him. For the Camaro driver, hopefully he loses his license for a few years, stops risking other people's lives & property by drinking and driving, learns to not be such an asshole, and becomes a bit more patient.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:29 PM   #246
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
^ It is illegal in many states to speed up to prevent other people from passing though. Hard to prove, and seldom enforced but clearly the case here with video evidence.

And neither one of them needs to see a drivers license or be behind the wheel of a car again.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:37 PM   #247
itsnotacrisis

Drives: '13 2LT RS,Blue Ray Metallic/mojave
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMY1LE View Post
Nobody should intentionally block another car, regardless of the way they are driving.
Yes, the Camaro was driving in a very aggressive, ridicules manner but perhaps they had somebody that was in medical distress and were rushing to seek help ?? I realize that is a long shot but without knowing the facts I (and the pick up driver) have no way of knowing.
These drivers out there that for some reason take it upon themselves to "police" everyone else are a real problem.....just as much as the idiot aggressive ones.

There were 3 people at fault in this accident, all are to blame.
First is the Camaro for his aggressive driving.
Second is the pick up for playing "cop"
Third is the semi-truck, he surely knew what was going on and could have slowed and removed himself from the situation.

If I had to bet, I would say the Camaro was just driving like an idiot but without knowing the facts I would've just let him pass, call the authorities, and hopefully they would be able to intervene up ahead.
itsnotacrisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:43 PM   #248

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Regardless of how the truck or anyone else in that video was driving, nothing can justify the actions of the Camaro driver. Good grief.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:43 PM   #249
KR4545

Drives: 2012 2SS
From the video it almost looks like the guy in the Camaro was sent back in time to kill the pickup guy......IMO
KR4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:48 PM   #250
ntputter17

Drives: 2013 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
A) Camaro driver makes bad choice of tail gating pick up driver.
B) This ticks off the pick up driver, so he stays next to trucker," I'll show you".
C) Camaro makes the worst possible choice and causes wreck.

If camaro driver doesn't do A, pickup driver doesn't do B, and C never happens. I can't really blame the pickup driver. If I see someone coming up that wants to speed ahead, I will typically let them around, and use them as my radar detector. But if they choose to tailgate me for a mile, they going to get sunburned from my brake lights. I can't stand that cr#p.
Then watch your mirrors, or move over. If everyone drove so that they never caused anyone to use their brakes, it would be less stressfull all the way around. Either watch your mirrors, or stay out of the left lane.
ntputter17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:50 PM   #251
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Regardless of how the truck or anyone else in that video was driving, nothing can justify the actions of the Camaro driver. Good grief.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:53 PM   #252
ntputter17

Drives: 2013 ss
I drive 125 miles round trip to work, everyday. I see this kind of crap often. If your not passing someone, why even drive in the left lane? Check your mirrors often, pay attention to your surroundings, get off your phones and drive. I dont care if you want to 50 on the highway, just do it in the right hand lane.
ntputter17 is offline   Reply With Quote