Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2014 Camaro5 Fest (V)

Old 02-28-2014, 09:15 AM   #155
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
it is all about having fun. I don't care who I line up next too, it's all about me improving every time I go down the track. I could care less if I win or lose to the car in the next lane. All I know is I see green, hit the gas and go, the rest is a huge smile going down the track. whoo hoooo!!!

Warning: Above is me, but if you see a girl sitting in my car, behind the wheel, be ready, as she will want to blow your doors off, then let you know about it. Please, I beg everyone, let her win, or it will cost me a lot of money to make it go faster!
Hell, If that's all I had to do to get the wifes approval for go fast parts, I would line her up against the 9sec club out there every time.

You may be on to something though, my wife did say she wanted to try out drag racing this year

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:28 AM   #156
tpower
DBLCHBY III

Drives: 15 1LE
Quote:
it is all about having fun. I don't care who I line up next too, it's all about me improving every time I go down the track. I could care less if I win or lose to the car in the next lane. All I know is I see green, hit the gas and go, the rest is a huge smile going down the track. whoo hoooo!!!

Warning: Above is me, but if you see a girl sitting in my car, behind the wheel, be ready, as she will want to blow your doors off, then let you know about it. Please, I beg everyone, let her win, or it will cost me a lot of money to make it go faster!
This is very dangerous trust me ! I let my wife race my ZL1 once & it cost me the price of a new Caddy CTSV that she purchased
Old 02-28-2014, 10:49 AM   #157
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpower View Post
This is very dangerous trust me ! I let my wife race my ZL1 once & it cost me the price of a new Caddy CTSV that she purchased
I did this too... and then she decided to drive it when I wasn't around.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:58 AM   #158
tpower
DBLCHBY III

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I did this too... and then she decided to drive it when I wasn't around.
The Nurse did the same thing at Camaros for Heroes in North Carolina. I heard the PA announcer say her comes The Nurse in her bad looking ZL1 WTF?????? Then I watched my car go down the 1/4 mile
NOTE TO SELF take keys out of car at racetrack!!
Old 02-28-2014, 10:58 AM   #159
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Quote:
She already wants a Viper or Porsche Cayenne, but hopefully I can draw her into my Camaro addiction if I let her run a few of the camaros.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
Old 02-28-2014, 10:59 AM   #160
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Quote:
The Nurse did the same thing at Camaros for Heroes in North Carolina. I heard the PA announcer say her comes The Nurse in her bad looking ZL1 WTF?????? Then I watched my car go down the 1/4 mile
NOTE TO SELF take keys out of car at racetrack!!
Haha, now thats some funny s*** right there.

504hp/478tq
Old 02-28-2014, 11:05 AM   #161
tpower
DBLCHBY III

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SSRSS View Post
Haha, now thats some funny s*** right there.
True story
Old 02-28-2014, 01:20 PM   #162
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
N/A class was fun last year until I ran a cammed car with my headers/tune car lol.

Now I have a cam/stall, this should be fun.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:35 PM   #163
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
I'm telling you, all it took was one time down the track and a monster was created. She went from "well, I don't know, maybe just once". Till all winter hearing "when is the track open, when is the track open" and "I want to race xxx and xxx and xxx and xxx and xxx and do you think I can beat xxxx". OMG, speed demon created and I can't stop it!

But I tell you want, that permagrin was as heart warming as could be. She 'got it' and was just so thrilled to run 117 mph. Even her first time down the track, I was expecting her to just go 'fast' and get the hang of it....nope, green light and she hammer the f*ck out of and was gone. I stood there picking my teeth up. This little,timid girl turns into a monster when you put a helmet on her. Geesh.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:21 PM   #164
000montoya

Drives: 2014 RedRock 1LE
how much will it cost to race in the m6 street tire class?
Old 02-28-2014, 07:23 PM   #165
tpower
DBLCHBY III

Quote:
I'm telling you, all it took was one time down the track and a monster was created. She went from "well, I don't know, maybe just once". Till all winter hearing "when is the track open, when is the track open" and "I want to race xxx and xxx and xxx and xxx and xxx and do you think I can beat xxxx". OMG, speed demon created and I can't stop it!

But I tell you want, that permagrin was as heart warming as could be. She 'got it' and was just so thrilled to run 117 mph. Even her first time down the track, I was expecting her to just go 'fast' and get the hang of it....nope, green light and she hammer the f*ck out of and was gone. I stood there picking my teeth up. This little,timid girl turns into a monster when you put a helmet on her. Geesh.
And it helps when I say I am ordering some go fast parts , no problems
Old 03-01-2014, 12:45 AM   #166
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post
WOW!!!! <<<< Not getting his LITTLE v6 Next to ONE of the BIG BOYS << LOL > > I thought this was supposed to be about having some fun?
I hate to say it but I agree. Paying $100 seems like a waste if I'm going to have to line up against v8s every race

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:18 AM   #167
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Don't forget bracket racing folks. If your car doesn't fit nicely in a class you are comfortable with, braket racing is the Great Equalizer.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
Old 03-01-2014, 10:50 AM   #168
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
I hate to say it but I agree. Paying $100 seems like a waste if I'm going to have to line up against v8s every race

Ah, come on, go for it! I have had a blast surprising & beating a number of SS's heads up. Even beat a ZL1 at LS Fest last year in bracket racing & have beaten a supercharged SS too. I even have a blast when I get blown off the track. Who knows, you may be the next one to earn the SSlayer nick name! I have to admit, last year after having mixed feelings about lining up against the V8's I was a bit dissappointed when there was only one person in V6 class & they put all us V6'ers (all 4 of us) in V6 class regardless of mods. I had been rather looking forward to taking a couple more V8's for my got 'cha list. Go down there & represent for us V6ers.