Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 02-26-2018, 11:04 PM   #15
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thill444 View Post
Seems like the morons always survive these types of situations while innocent people and their families are left devastated.

Especially when they are liquored-up and high. They’re too retarded to truly comprehend the grave dangers, thus their bodies are more relaxed as they become real crash test dummies.

A shame.

Prayers to the innocent and their families who are no doubt in terrible agony.

No disrespect to the retarded.
LuvMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 12:43 AM   #16
baron95
2018 1LE, NASA Instructor

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I know this fact pales in comparison to tragedy caused by this criminal driver, but it appears that the Camaro structure and safety systems fared very well for such a violent crash, enabling the criminal driver to survive and be talkative even.

I guess I'm just scrambling to find a silver lining if there is any.

Really sad for the families involved and those who lost their lives.
baron95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 01:10 AM   #17
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmypop13 View Post
The story said v6 Camaro but I think it's a V8 from the picture. Has the spoiler and wheels of one anyway
Yeah that's an SS without NPP. Looks like Arctic blue.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 03:28 AM   #18
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
A great reminder for all of us who, I guarantee, at some point in our lives, have done something as stupid and fortunately didn't kill anyone. I know I have, I regret it, and hope to pass on that lesson to my kids. Before you judge, just remember we are all capable of making deadly mistakes. A neighbor on my street growing up once backed out of his driveway into a 3 year old and killed him. I don't care if you are stone cold sober, you should always do a reality check. These cars are fun but they definitely require respect.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 04:14 AM   #19
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Comments like being okay with giving up your driving privilege to selfdriving cars tells me the future is more grim than I suspected. My company works on mechanical things. They fail all the time. If you think selfdriving cars are going to end vehicle deaths, I have oceanfront land in Iowa I'll give you a great deal on. It, will also be interesting watching daily hacks causing death and mayhem at will. No thanks.
Im about ready to dust off one of my cars with a carb with points to run.
Truth! NO WAY am I leaving my life directly in the hands of a computer. Yes I know we have computer assisted tech in our cars but that doesn't mean that we are without control. With self driving cars you are completely out of control. You know why? Because you will become so comfortable with it driving itself you will not be able to detect danger as you will most likely be preoccupied with some other electronic device. If its for you fine, but its not for me or my family. Maybe in 20-30 years from now but we will see how technology advances. Were we not supposed to have flying cars by now anyway?
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 04:58 AM   #20
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Senseless act 3 lives lost for one mans stupidy :(
Old 02-27-2018, 06:09 AM   #21
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
It's crazy s*** like this that gives these cars such a bad name. What a terrible thing to happen to those three people in the Impala.
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:32 AM   #22
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4z View Post
A V6 Camaro traveling between 100-120 mph in a 45 zone hits a Impala splitting it in 2 and killing the 3 occupants. Accident happened at 2 am in North Charleston SC on Rivers Ave. obviously it could’ve been any car that caused the accident but the driver was in a Camaro so I thought it would be of interest. Please by safe out there If you are thinking about putting your foot in it when others could be affected. Driver and passenger in the Camaro are still alive. Driver in the Camaro laughed and said, “we still alive, we savage as f***.” This was confirmed by both an emt and a tow truck driver.
He should have been shot immediately after saying the for being a potential threat to our sadly deprecated gene pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlezone580 View Post
Horrible that something like this happens. Its very clear that self-driven cars are a necessity. Even though I'm a car guy I would have to support a ban on all self-driven cars in the future.

Over 1.25million people a year die in auto accidents around the world, that's so sad! Let's say each of those people have 30 friends and family, that's 38milllion people a year directly affected by auto accidents.
Nuh-uh. Most auto accidents occur from people failing to take the necessary responsibility behind the wheel. You know what is REALLY the cause of this? America's weak driving standards. There's hardly a test and in most cases even if you fail some critical part of the driving test (like running a stop-sign, as I know a few people who HAVE DONE THIS on a driving test.) you can still PASS the test.

Most auto accidents occur because people fail to realize just how powerful an automobile really is and fail to give it the proper respect, fail to utilize patience and likewise fail to truly appreciate driving and take it for granted.

What needs to be done is stricter driving standards and removing about 80% of the nitwits on the highway, not give them cars that drive themselves only because they don't know how to.

Quote:
An easy death would have solved nothing in my opinion. He's going to rot in jail for the rest of his life, now that's a real punishment. I doubt this type of person has enough insurance to cover a 3 million dollars plus claim, even if he gets out of jail, his wages will be garnished for life.
Not necessarily, the law is about money, not justice...A good lawyer and a bail bond and he'll be out roaming the streets again with not a damn to be given thinking he's invincible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefirstcause View Post
I'm with you on this. I love my Camaro and I'm glad I was able to get in and enjoy it in my 30s. Who knows just how soon self driving cars will become a standard, but I personally hope it happens sooner than later. I want to have my fun now but the amount of senseless deaths prevented by automated vehicles out weighs my fun on the road. We will all still be able to go to tracks and have fun there.
They won't be, for a long time. Don't be deceived by the break-throughs. There currently exist no single model vehicle that is fully self-driven and available to the public. We are at MINIMUM 5 decades away from that for several reasons.

#1 It's an unthinkable liability risks for most manufacturers to make a car that is fully autonomous.

(Think of it, would you feel comfortable producing something that is fully responsible for the safety of someone's family, someones daughter, someones mother or father, or son and his life in its entirety from the moment the wheels leave the driveway, to its next parking space in a completely random world where any slew of vehicles of different programming or different drivers may be occupying? Most auto-makers wouldn't even consider it.)

#2 There are just too many unpredictable conditions on a road that a FULLY autonomous car can be trusted to be accounted for. The odds of an accident occurring are reduced only in theory, but not actual fact. I would say there would probably be less accidents, but even a fully automated car could never surpass that of a responsible and attentful driver. It would only be a replacement for those who aren't doing what they're supposed to be doing behind the wheel to begin with.

#3 To give an idea as to how truly far we are away from such a system, most of our road infrastructure would have to be redesigned and optimized for such vehicles and ALL vehicles occupying those roads would need to be self driven using the same or very similar system before they could ever be called reliable, otherwise there would be no standard they could compare it to as one situation may be more reliable than another, and the potential situations while driving are impractical for programming.

#4 We don't even yet have affordable fully electric vehicles that can match the range of gasoline vehicles, and electric vehicles have been around since the 80's and even back then they were considered a break through and were thought to be the end of all our fuel crisis yet the progression of such has been stalled and drawn out...self driving cars will have MANY more obstacles, particularly in the legal department than electric cars will... ...so no...don't get too excited..you won't be zipping around in one any time soon.
Need4Camaro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 08:30 AM   #23
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Horrible that something like this happens. Its very clear that self-driven cars are a necessity.

As someone who works in a high tech field involved with computers every day, I can tell you autonomous cars will not be any safer than what we have now.

When a "glitch" occurs, what's going to happen? Is it going to fail to stop in traffic? Back out of your garage at 3 in the morning on it's own? Turn a sharp left while you're on a bridge on the highway at 60 mph?

You can't go back and fix the errors or the failures if the system has a problem and causes accidents.

I'm not sure everyone's thought this stuff all the way through.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 10:54 AM   #24
mcintyre1969

Drives: 1968 SS/RS, 2006 H2 2016 2SS White
POS
Old 02-27-2018, 12:28 PM   #25
Capisce

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
He should have been shot immediately after saying the for being a potential threat to our sadly deprecated gene pool.
Old 02-27-2018, 01:33 PM   #26
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
Most deaths occur because someone broke a law: speeding, incorrect signaling, ignoring stop lights or signs, impaired driving, distracting driving, etc.

All the laws in the world or adding new laws never fixes anything. I teach OSHA safety, and every year, too many people lose their lives at work by falling. They either didn't know the regulations/laws, or they decided not to obey them because they had never fallen before and had "done it a thousand times" without falling.

Part of the problem is not having the right working culture or driving culture. If employees and licensed drivers (what do we do about unlicensed drivers?) respect the laws as written and understand why the laws exist in the first place, traffic and work related fatalities will significantly be reduced.
Old 02-27-2018, 05:29 PM   #27
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4z View Post
A V6 Camaro traveling between 100-120 mph in a 45 zone hits a Impala splitting it in 2 and killing the 3 occupants. Accident happened at 2 am in North Charleston SC on Rivers Ave. obviously it could’ve been any car that caused the accident but the driver was in a Camaro so I thought it would be of interest. Please by safe out there If you are thinking about putting your foot in it when others could be affected. Driver and passenger in the Camaro are still alive. Driver in the Camaro laughed and said, “we still alive, we savage as f***.” This was confirmed by both an emt and a tow truck driver.

Sad...Usually Camaro drivers are so much more responsible than that. Not too good for our BoyScout Image of helping old ladies across the street and all.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 05:33 PM   #28
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict View Post
This reminds me of a similar accident down here a while back. A kid in a vette doing triple digits (racing a mustang) t-bones a car crossing the US1 obliterating it and the 3 people inside. He and everyone in the vette survived. The other car was cut in half.

Wow...At those speeds most cars are Coffins.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote