Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-02-2023, 05:51 PM   #1
jstanton

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Anyone Runnig An Iroc-Z ZR1 Hood?

Curious for those who have or had an Iroc-Z ZR1 style hood how you liked it?

I'm digging the look but wondering how the sound is as it dosen't appear to come with any insulation underneath. Also wondering about driving in the rain, if it just let's a ton of water in?
jstanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 05:52 PM   #2
jstanton

This is the one I am referring to.
Attached Images

Old 04-03-2023, 05:52 AM   #3
cheeze9878

Drives: 17 camaro ss
I have the IROC-Z (as its called now I guess). First make sure you know a really good body guy that enjoys working with Fiberglass because the hood is POS according to my guy when we got it. He worked on it for almost 2 weeks to get it to look good and we still found flaws in it after we painted it. The louvers are just holes, my guy put gutter guard screens in the louvers to keep leaves and everything else out. the noise i didn't really notice a difference but I didn't have my car for almost a month since the whole car was being repainted through insurance. And water, well yea the water just pours in especially like during a car wash. The center portion on that hood I'm sure will do the same thing but you will have water pouring onto your belt so that will be nasty I'm thinking.
The screens were put fiber glassed in before paint so that he could paint them and they would match.
Sorry I don't have any pics from the underside to see how he did. you can message me if you want me to take some.
Attached Images

Last edited by cheeze9878; 04-03-2023 at 11:02 AM. Reason: pics
cheeze9878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 12:04 PM   #4
jstanton

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeze9878 View Post
I have the IROC-Z (as its called now I guess). First make sure you know a really good body guy that enjoys working with Fiberglass because the hood is POS according to my guy when we got it. He worked on it for almost 2 weeks to get it to look good and we still found flaws in it after we painted it. The louvers are just holes, my guy put gutter guard screens in the louvers to keep leaves and everything else out. the noise i didn't really notice a difference but I didn't have my car for almost a month since the whole car was being repainted through insurance. And water, well yea the water just pours in especially like during a car wash. The center portion on that hood I'm sure will do the same thing but you will have water pouring onto your belt so that will be nasty I'm thinking.
The screens were put fiber glassed in before paint so that he could paint them and they would match.
Sorry I don't have any pics from the underside to see how he did. you can message me if you want me to take some.
That looks good! I also like that hood a lot too! Thanks for the pictures!
Old 04-03-2023, 12:07 PM   #5
ste6000

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
i like the second hood better. think the original post hood just way to much going on with it for my taste. if the rest of the car isn't as aggressive it may not looks right.

2018 Camaro SS - Hyper Metallic Blue
ste6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 12:44 PM   #6
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
my buddy has one on his blue v6 rs but i didnt like the quality and fitment of it in photos and in person...
Old 04-03-2023, 01:30 PM   #7
cheeze9878

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
my buddy has one on his blue v6 rs but i didnt like the quality and fitment of it in photos and in person...
And to tell you the truth, for $1800 there is no way I would buy this hood. When I bought the hood, it just came out by the scammer at 6LE ( cant remember if that's the exact name or not) I got it for $800 and with how much work my buddy had to do to it, he said it was expensive still.
Old 04-03-2023, 10:16 PM   #8
jstanton

Quote:
And to tell you the truth, for $1800 there is no way I would buy this hood. When I bought the hood, it just came out by the scammer at 6LE ( cant remember if that's the exact name or not) I got it for $800 and with how much work my buddy had to do to it, he said it was expensive still.
The more I look at your hood, the more I like it better, especially with those screens you added. I've found it for as low as $1500 but that's still pricey. I've been reading mixed reviews on quality and fitment. There are some videos out there that claim quality is great and only needs minor adjustments on the new models.
Old 04-04-2023, 04:23 AM   #9
cheeze9878

I will say fitment was spot on, Quality on the other hand, be ready to work on it.
And I will say it changes the whole car and I get compliments on it all the time. People know me for my hood. I have had people walk up to me knowing who I am and I have no clue. So it is a pretty awesome hood. But I like more subtle and functional than crazy. That hood is more on the crazy side for me.
Old 04-04-2023, 10:19 AM   #10
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:

yup i know him well hes on my block list lol i had a cf hood from my old work and the fitment and finish on it was horrible anderson composites makes nice stuff but most aftermarket hoods and parts are terrible and all made overseas

acs wing i got was one of the nicest pieces ive ever seen still wants some sideskirts
Old 04-05-2023, 10:51 AM   #11
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
You have an amazing paint and body guy. Hard to find sometimes. Hood and car looks awesome man.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 12:25 PM   #12
cheeze9878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
You have an amazing paint and body guy. Hard to find sometimes. Hood and car looks awesome man.
Thanks, this is what he started with, the reason it got repainted.
Those were some of the worst ones, every panel got hit, and they smashed the hood
Attached Images

Last edited by cheeze9878; 04-05-2023 at 12:49 PM.
Old 04-05-2023, 08:10 PM   #13
Corky

Drives: 2019 1SS M6
Ouch, not surprising what a jealous bastard will do...
Old 04-14-2023, 09:25 PM   #14
Cp Rooks

Drives: 2023 2ss & 2021 Indian Scout
Looks Great But Yeah Fiberglass Is A PITA. Pass
Cp Rooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hood, iroc-z, iroc-z zr1, zr1