Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-15-2011, 09:43 AM   #239
Chris_B

Drives: Several
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aequitas & Veritas View Post
Would you be able to run the CTS-V 6 pistons and rotors on all four corners? Just curious
The short answer is no.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:54 AM   #240
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
Was just curious and to see if it would work. I think it'd just look better that's why I asked
Aequitas & Veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:30 PM   #241
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Aequitas & Veritas,

There are three issues in fitting the front six pot to the rear.

1. A bracket would have to be fabricated for the caliper.
2. A rotor with the correct offset would have to be sorted.
3. The brake bias would have to be sorted.

The beauty of the ZL1 / CTS-V upgrade is they fit and the bias is spot on out of the box. In reply to you PM, give Rich at Abel Chevy a call for the parts you need.

Rich Wilhoff
Abel Chevrolet Buick
280 North Front Street
Rio Vista, CA 94571
r.willhoff@yahoo.com
(888) 599-4944
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:12 PM   #242
JusticePete

Bump for Venom_SS.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:38 PM   #243
Gotthat02fire

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss IOM
Pete will these work with 17" drag wheels??????

Gotthat02fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:40 PM   #244
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotthat02fire View Post
Pete will these work with 17" drag wheels??????
I know they work with 18s. The best person to ask would be Forgeline. Just tell them you are looking at Pete's Camaro wheels and would a 17" work.

David Schardt
Forgeline Motorsports, LLC
3522 S. Kettering Blvd. Ste. A
Dayton, Ohio 45439
P: 937-299-0298 x305
Old 08-04-2011, 02:43 PM   #245
Gotthat02fire

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss IOM
Ok 10/4 will do I know they clear the stock brembos but there's not much room left over!!!
Thanks Andrew!!!

Gotthat02fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:24 PM   #246
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
Is there sufficient cooling/shielding to protect the suspension and other nearby components when you upgrade to the CTS-V brakes?
Vengeance Kaotik Cam, C.A.I., ARH LT, Pypes Cat Back, ZL1 Shifter+2012LS3VERT bushing, Quantum Brake Ducts, JDP Tow Hook Scorch Yellow Trim Kit, Shark Fin, AAC DRLs+ABLs+SMDs, ZTA Rear Spoiler, R.Y. 1LE Splitter. Pfadt coilovers, camber plates, trailing arms, Pegasus Solid Subframe. Pedders ZL1 barz, radius arm & steering rack bushings. BMR adjustable toe-rods. Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace. ZL1 GMPP Driveline Upgrade. TurnOne P/S pump. CTS-V 6 pistons.
447 HP @ 6180 RPM / 418 TQ @ 5100 RPM
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:38 PM   #247
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
We were really hammering on our CTS-V brakes during our on track testing, and during the Spectre341 Hill Climb. The brakes themselves actually performed pretty flawlessly. They aren't the stopping power of a full racing brake upgrade, but as far as accessibility and cost go, it's a nice stopping power upgrade for not a huge cash outlay.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:14 PM   #248
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalnch View Post
Is there sufficient cooling/shielding to protect the suspension and other nearby components when you upgrade to the CTS-V brakes?
Yes sir. You can trim the OE SS dust shield to fit around the larger CTS-V caliper in the front. You end up with a set of CTS-V brakes and a dust shield very much like a factory install.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:21 PM   #249
JusticePete

I was reading a couple of other threads when I noticed some 'revisionist history' going on. It made me think about this thread and a few others.

Pedders was the first to fit the CTS-V brakes to a 5th Gen and the first to post a how too thread for the upgrade. Pedders was the first to take a 5th Gen Camaro on track to benchmark the performance of a stock 5th Gen and the highly modified Pedders 5th Gen. Of all the suspension companies that post on Camaro5, Pedders was the first to join Camaro5 providing information to the community on what they could expect from a ZETA derived 5th Gen well before it was in the shorwoom. The only time that a group of manufacturer owned and prepared 5th Gen Camaros were on track together Pedders clocked the best road course lap, the fastest autocross lap and the best 0 to 60 and back to 0. While all this could be determined to be impressive or cool, what we are most proud of at Pedders is that we have documented our Camaro build stages from top to bottom right here on Camaro5. We shared all of our setup data with the Camaro5 community. That brings us full circle to this thread. We don't sell CTS-V upgrades. We don't make a dime off this this thread. We posted it for the benefit of the Camaro5 community. Sharing information with the Camaro5 community and helping when a member has a problem is the very least we can do. It is our way of thanking you for buying Pedders parts and using our Dealers.

Thank You Camaro5 Members!
Old 08-09-2011, 12:57 PM   #250
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
I was reading a couple of other threads when I noticed some 'revisionist history' going on. It made me think about this thread and a few others.

Pedders was the first to fit the CTS-V brakes to a 5th Gen and the first to post a how too thread for the upgrade. Pedders was the first to take a 5th Gen Camaro on track to benchmark the performance of a stock 5th Gen and the highly modified Pedders 5th Gen. Of all the suspension companies that post on Camaro5, Pedders was the first to join Camaro5 providing information to the community on what they could expect from a ZETA derived 5th Gen well before it was in the shorwoom. The only time that a group of manufacturer owned and prepared 5th Gen Camaros were on track together Pedders clocked the best road course lap, the fastest autocross lap and the best 0 to 60 and back to 0. While all this could be determined to be impressive or cool, what we are most proud of at Pedders is that we have documented our Camaro build stages from top to bottom right here on Camaro5. We shared all of our setup data with the Camaro5 community. That brings us full circle to this thread. We don't sell CTS-V upgrades. We don't make a dime off this this thread. We posted it for the benefit of the Camaro5 community. Sharing information with the Camaro5 community and helping when a member has a problem is the very least we can do. It is our way of thanking you for buying Pedders parts and using our Dealers.

Thank You Camaro5 Members!
Honestly, Pete, it's my opinion you guys are near the top of the heap (I'm trying to be unbiased ) as far as sharing your information on CAMARO and ZETA II. There is maybe one other Sponsor/Vendor that I can think of that can hold a torch to the knowledge that you've shared with us and that there is probably no one I've learned more from than you guys. I could contemplate possible motives behind these sorts of actions, however, I like to give my business to those who I'm comfortable with and who I trust. I get nothing but trusting feelings from you guys and I can tell you that I'm thankful for your presence here and that you'll be getting business from me when my time comes. One of the things I've appreciated, related to this topic, was the thought to use OEM parts. One of the things I always consider when purchasing parts is what happens when it comes time to service them. Because you're using OEM calipers, my worries are pretty much extinguished. You've been true innovators for CAMARO. I humbly offer my appreciate of your Community.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:26 PM   #251
JusticePete

Bump for iisme13 and his G8.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:57 AM   #252
Venom_SS

Drives: Camaro SS
Ok, I orders the cts-v calipers but am having a hard time getting some front rotors. Can you guys help me find some that don't cost an arm and a leg. I have tried to look for Dba or other companies that offer drilled but only brembo so far. They are very expensive at $1300 for the front pair. I tried r1 and grantelli but either have anything. Please help
Venom_SS is offline   Reply With Quote