Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 07-14-2010, 10:17 PM   #15
305pride

Drives: 3.4l 1995 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotowns Finest View Post
Ok so without a doubt my car is progressively getting worse. The shutering is now constant, it just doesn't go away after the first few min, it shutters no matter what, even as I accelerate now. I also had my SES come on today and it scares the shit outta me. I talked to the guy who's doing my exhaust and it's gonna come in next wendsday, which will seem like a lifetime. I'm gonna drive my moms car in the meantime thank god, but I just pray that when the time comes to take it over, it doesn't die on me or cause something else to break

Does all of this sound like just the exhaust? I get the horible feeling that there's something more to it than just the exhaust...
i think its ur engine. just like mine. hold on to your wallet.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:02 PM   #16
Fotowns Finest
Harbinger of Doom

Drives: "Marolyn"
Quote:
Originally Posted by 305pride View Post
i think its ur engine. just like mine. hold on to your wallet.
Omg I pray it's nothing more. I would be soooooooo pissed to find out my engine is frakked only after having it for not even 3 months
Fotowns Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:21 PM   #17
305pride

Quote:
Omg I pray it's nothing more. I would be soooooooo pissed to find out my engine is frakked only after having it for not even 3 months
sucks man. mine probably got like that cos of running it a little hard. my little v6 is peppy but i should be gentle with it. maybe the person who had ur car was a bit rough with it.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:34 PM   #18
Fotowns Finest
Harbinger of Doom

Quote:
sucks man. mine probably got like that cos of running it a little hard. my little v6 is peppy but i should be gentle with it. maybe the person who had ur car was a bit rough with it.
Your right, my rotors are warped a bit, obviously due to one of the 5 previous owners, maybe even more than one of them
Old 07-14-2010, 11:49 PM   #19
305pride

Quote:
Your right, my rotors are warped a bit, obviously due to one of the 5 previous owners, maybe even more than one of them
then its definitely something you have to replace in the motor. check if the oil is cloudy.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:53 PM   #20
Fotowns Finest
Harbinger of Doom

Quote:
then its definitely something you have to replace in the motor. check if the oil is cloudy.
What could it be in the engine?
Old 07-15-2010, 12:11 AM   #21
305pride

Quote:
What could it be in the engine?
actually nvm. you said rotors, i thought i read motor. lol but get it checked. might be serious. and dont drive it alot.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:30 AM   #22
Fotowns Finest
Harbinger of Doom

Quote:
actually nvm. you said rotors, i thought i read motor. lol but get it checked. might be serious. and dont drive it alot.
Oh god damnit lol. Yea I'm pretty sure he's gonna look the whole thing over seeing as how it'll be on a lift and all
Old 07-15-2010, 03:07 PM   #23
305pride

Quote:
Oh god damnit lol. Yea I'm pretty sure he's gonna look the whole thing over seeing as how it'll be on a lift and all
i was planning to tow my car to the mechanics, but i have no money for that so i drove it over there. it was a horrible ride. and the car was ready to leave yesterday but they want 1,000 bux for it and so far i only paid them 500. i'll be able to get the money by myself in a month. starting tomorrow they are going to charge 35 bux a day for storage fee. this f*cking sucks. im trying to look everywhere to see if i could get the 500 bux soon.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:15 PM   #24
White_Knuckle_Tight

Drives: 2001 Camaro V6
Well if it's doing it all the time now it's almost assuredly not your exhaust. Not to say your exhaust isn't loose, lol, it could be, and also, if your car was abused, check that PB anyway, being to hard on a stock one on curves and such wears out the bushings.
But as for your main shuddering noise, it's hard to say what it is specifically without hearing it. Where's the noise coming from exactly?
White_Knuckle_Tight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:01 AM   #25
Fotowns Finest
Harbinger of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Knuckle_Tight View Post
Well if it's doing it all the time now it's almost assuredly not your exhaust. Not to say your exhaust isn't loose, lol, it could be, and also, if your car was abused, check that PB anyway, being to hard on a stock one on curves and such wears out the bushings.
But as for your main shuddering noise, it's hard to say what it is specifically without hearing it. Where's the noise coming from exactly?
No where but the rear end. Up until just now she has ran very nice and smooth, with the exception of the rotors and the hard rattling in the back. I had always figured it was the loose exhaust as it is literally not even on the right hanger and it sits 2 inches lower. My girlfriend always yells at me for going 1 over railroad tracks, which I do to avoid the rattling sound lol
Old 07-16-2010, 12:55 PM   #26
White_Knuckle_Tight

Drives: 2001 Camaro V6
Well if it's coming from the rear...hmmm. I'm trying to think of common things that would "shudder" back there. And the only thing I can think of is the Panhard Bar. Other than that, the only other thing it could be that I know of is something serious. If you can today, go out and lay down behind your car where you can see the rear end. There should be a bar looking thing that attaches to a bracket on the axle on the driver's side, and on the passenger side attaches to a bracket on the frame. At factory height it should be fairly level.
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...0014_large.jpg
there's a pic of an aftermarket one, it's the one that passes right behind the cover on the axle. If your's is factory it won't be tubular like that one, it will be kind of U-shaped.
Once you locate it, just grab it and shake the piss out of it. If you can move it AT ALL, it's worn out.
Then again it may not be your panhard, but that's how you check for that at least.
White_Knuckle_Tight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 01:07 AM   #27
Syphonics

Drives: 1996 3.8 v6, 1998 5.7 v8
Quote:
So twice now I go and turn on my car, and when It does turn on it shuters and it has me worried. At first I thought it was the tires, and then I was really low on gas so I filled it up and it still does it. This only happens when it starts though, like I'll drive around for a minute and then it doesn't do it, and it just started today. Does anyone have any idea what would be causing this?
OK here is a something quick to check, I made alot of money off dealers while in college on this one.
Symptoms=
shudder when start (often but not on every start), check engine light comes on when its real bad, so you start hitting the gas(clearing its throat) which sometimes helps or makes the check engine blink(a blinking is warning that you're going to damage the system). when driving it feels like its losing power between 1000-1500 rpm.
You think its fuel so you change filters, pump maybe and still same thing so you change wires and plugs. You fear that you have to change the whole electrical system.

If this sounds like you before you throw the car away or sell it try this.

Although you are not getting a MAF sensor error on the obdII, go to the front of the engine and pull the rubber boot off in front of the maf sensor, under that youll see a metal filter kinda reminds me of a honey comb. take a compressor and blow the crap out of it and replace the boot and start the engine. DONE

BTW alot of people don't know there is a reset procedure for the idle anytime you remove the battery for more than 30 seconds. If I had it with me I would post it. I spent at least 400 dollars to learn this problem so I hope it can help someone else.

I gained at least 4mpg average and a smoother ride after i replaced the MAF sensor.
Syphonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 10:33 AM   #28
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
I was going to suggest that it might be your Mass Air Flow sensor as well.

I was getting a sporadic shudder in my 2001 SS while driving. It almost felt like it wasn't getting fuel. It finally threw a SES light and turns out it was the MAF. I replaced it and all was fine.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote