Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-16-2018, 07:35 PM   #15
Chazzz

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 A8 Convertible
The 2018 Camaro selling season has just begun and based on reaction to the 2019 I doubt many potential buyers are holding out for the refresh. KBB is showing more new 2018 Mustangs on dealer lots right now than Camaros. GM had a record number of unsold vehicles on their dealers lots this time last year with well over a 100 day supply, and even with the huge overstock there was no 20% fire sale as they just cut production. The new GM philosophy is cut as many shifts at plants as necessary to meet demand. I wouldn't hold my breath for any large rebates or incentives any time soon!
Chazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:41 AM   #16
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03silvers View Post
That's exactly what everyone thought last fall too
Last Fall there wasn't an introduction of a new/refreshed model to hit the streets very soon. If you purchase a 2018 at this point you are purchasing the old model. There is nothing wrong with purchasing a 2018 if you prefer the present styling, but as was the case with the 14/15 refresh, the values of the 10-13 cars dropped significantly.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:58 AM   #17
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazzz View Post
The 2018 Camaro selling season has just begun and based on reaction to the 2019 I doubt many potential buyers are holding out for the refresh. KBB is showing more new 2018 Mustangs on dealer lots right now than Camaros. GM had a record number of unsold vehicles on their dealers lots this time last year with well over a 100 day supply, and even with the huge overstock there was no 20% fire sale as they just cut production. The new GM philosophy is cut as many shifts at plants as necessary to meet demand. I wouldn't hold my breath for any large rebates or incentives any time soon!
Maybe you are right but I think you would be crazy to purchase a new 2018 model at this point without waiting to see how the discounts play out. That is unless you like owning a car that you owe/paid way more money for than it will be worth in 4- months because it will be the old model.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot

Last edited by newmoon; 04-17-2018 at 07:20 AM.
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 09:57 AM   #18
Chazzz

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 A8 Convertible
A mid cycle refresh of the same car getting front and rear facia changes and a few updates typically doesn't affect previous year values. It's complete redesigns when a new generation comes along where we take the hit. Speaking of taking a hit, all Camaros other than rare ones rapidly depreciate. My 2017 with 6K miles as a trade has lost nearly 40% of its original value. Unless you have a huge down payment or get some sort of crazy deal most of us are upside down on our cars the minute we drive off the lot. It's a non practical quickly depreciating asset, and going in no one buys these cars to make money, but we buy them to have fun. You gotta pay to play!
Chazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:11 AM   #19
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
I bought mine a year ago and because I traded my 15 Mustang GT, I got about $8700 off my 1SS with NPP and black wheels as the only options. They also gave me cracksmoking money for my Mustang. I'm in the car business and I'm telling you I had a hard time keeping my poker face intact. Now I see them sitting on lots for several months and haven't seen super aggressive pricing yet. We have one dealer in Raleigh NC called Sir Walter Chevy who is always aggressive. They are showing $7500 off here http://www.sirwalter.com/VehicleDeta...-NC/3119434713 but I'm not sure if one qualifies for everything.
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:11 PM   #20
DasBaldDog

Drives: 2017 Focus RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
I bought mine a year ago and because I traded my 15 Mustang GT, I got about $8700 off my 1SS with NPP and black wheels as the only options. They also gave me cracksmoking money for my Mustang. I'm in the car business and I'm telling you I had a hard time keeping my poker face intact. Now I see them sitting on lots for several months and haven't seen super aggressive pricing yet. We have one dealer in Raleigh NC called Sir Walter Chevy who is always aggressive. They are showing $7500 off here http://www.sirwalter.com/VehicleDeta...-NC/3119434713 but I'm not sure if one qualifies for everything.
Part of their price includes Mustang Conquest... they hide it as best they can and still TECHNICALLY post it.

I called them and the salesman lied to me and said there wasn't that incentive so I almost drove out there before I called to confirm and that's when they came clean... so I told him to send me his best price and he sent me the same damned price INCLUDING the incentive they KNEW I didn't qualify for.

I wrote the sales manager telling him that I was disappointed and told him of my expierence... the sales manager's email back was basically "Sorry you can't read".... more political than that of course.

Avoid Sir Walter Chevy.

And yeah I realize that I have a total of 2 posts here so it seems suspiscious... but my Focus RS is being bought back by Ford and when I bought the RS it was between the Camaro and the RS when I got a hell of a deal on the RS and made a rash decision. So I'm back hunting Camaros.
DasBaldDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 08:10 PM   #21
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
Lol, sounds like every GM dealer I have ever dealt with. I boughtt my GTO used with 6000 miles, from a Nissan dealer. Treated me better than the 10 or more GM stealers I've tried to give business to in the last decade.
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 09:46 PM   #22
coruiz

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue
There’s one here in FL called Bomnin Chevy in Miami and they put every single incentive possible and hide it pretty well. I’ve had a few fights with them.
Pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMorr View Post
Part of their price includes Mustang Conquest... they hide it as best they can and still TECHNICALLY post it.

I called them and the salesman lied to me and said there wasn't that incentive so I almost drove out there before I called to confirm and that's when they came clean... so I told him to send me his best price and he sent me the same damned price INCLUDING the incentive they KNEW I didn't qualify for.

I wrote the sales manager telling him that I was disappointed and told him of my expierence... the sales manager's email back was basically "Sorry you can't read".... more political than that of course.

Avoid Sir Walter Chevy.

And yeah I realize that I have a total of 2 posts here so it seems suspiscious... but my Focus RS is being bought back by Ford and when I bought the RS it was between the Camaro and the RS when I got a hell of a deal on the RS and made a rash decision. So I'm back hunting Camaros.
coruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:48 PM   #23
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coruiz View Post
There’s one here in FL called Bomnin Chevy in Miami and they put every single incentive possible and hide it pretty well. I’ve had a few fights with them.
Pretty
Miami Lakes is worse than Bomnin. Brickell is the worst of all of the BMW, Infiniti, GM and Hyundai dealerships I've dealt with.

I always buy out of state, must be all the sun.

They act like they don't need your biz, then they make multiple offers via voicemails and emails, once you say GTH, asking to match any offer. Sorry, already bought what I needed. Less hassle and drama, and as good as your fake prices if not better.

Ive heard of only one good review of Bomnin, from a camaro6 member. I guess they gave him a good price since they needed to meet their numbers. Else, they lie and bait and switch.

I'm seriously considering just getting used, only because of how terribly GM dealers behave, at least the ones within 500 miles of me.
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:07 AM   #24
DasBaldDog

Drives: 2017 Focus RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by coruiz View Post
Pretty
I dealt with Bomnin back in August of last year just shortly before I bought my RS.... had the same level of frustration with them.
DasBaldDog is offline   Reply With Quote