Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-23-2018, 03:36 AM   #1
Hellfighter

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
What happened to Apex Motorsports?

JW Apex chase and i think victoria? they used to be on here a ton, what happen to the forum sponsor and the store? Similar to auto agenda etc? and the guys who made Rx Catch cans. Never see any posts from any of them, stores are gone? Any idea?
Old 04-23-2018, 07:02 AM   #2
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
They faded into the woodwork a couple years back. Nobody has ever gotten a straight answer, but their website just had fewer and fewer items until it disappeared. I agree Apex Chase always had such great write ups explaining different things but no more. I wonder if it had anything to do with a blatant copyright infringement with their catch cans? I have no factual backing on that statement, just curious.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 09:50 AM   #3
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I remember seeing Apex Chase commenting everywhere. He seemed like a good guy with a lot of knowledge about these cars.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:27 PM   #4
Hellfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
They faded into the woodwork a couple years back. Nobody has ever gotten a straight answer, but their website just had fewer and fewer items until it disappeared. I agree Apex Chase always had such great write ups explaining different things but no more. I wonder if it had anything to do with a blatant copyright infringement with their catch cans? I have no factual backing on that statement, just curious.
Well that is the reason to bring up, what happen to the other guys? I bought the apex motorsport catch can, but now what happens if its damaged or stops working, i love their design the best, sleep and black and looks OEM.

On top of that apex was really great to getting deals with.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:00 PM   #5
pyroguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfighter View Post
Well that is the reason to bring up, what happen to the other guys? I bought the apex motorsport catch can, but now what happens if its damaged or stops working, i love their design the best, sleep and black and looks OEM.

On top of that apex was really great to getting deals with.
You could probably contact Elite Engineering as I believe the Apex catch can was a direct copy of EE's.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:48 PM   #6
Hellfighter

Quote:
You could probably contact Elite Engineering as I believe the Apex catch can was a direct copy of EE's.
Really? is that why hes probably not here?
Old 04-23-2018, 03:39 PM   #7
pyroguy

Quote:
Really? is that why hes probably not here?
As I said in my original post, I have no documented facts to back this up. However, it has been eluded to in the past that the Apex catch can was a direct copy of Elite Engineering's. I suspect that there was probably some legal action that was taken and that could be some of why they aren't around anymore. Not saying that's 100% why because honestly I'm as in the dark as the next guy, but watching some of these posts it seems as though this was part of it. Also, towards the end Apex was very bad about getting back to people, orders were super slow being shipped, and they gave false tracking info to get people off their back.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:41 PM   #8
Hellfighter

Quote:
As I said in my original post, I have no documented facts to back this up. However, it has been eluded to in the past that the Apex catch can was a direct copy of Elite Engineering's. I suspect that there was probably some legal action that was taken and that could be some of why they aren't around anymore. Not saying that's 100% why because honestly I'm as in the dark as the next guy, but watching some of these posts it seems as though this was part of it. Also, towards the end Apex was very bad about getting back to people, orders were super slow being shipped, and they gave false tracking info to get people off their back.

Man that sucks, i never ran into any issues with them, what about the RX guys? back when i had my v6 and 2010 first release they were the go to guys for everything catch can.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:42 PM   #9
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
Quote:
However, it has been eluded to in the past that the Apex catch can was a direct copy of Elite Engineering's..
I have an Apex can on my car. I was happy to get a good deal on an elite can by getting the Apex one

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 03:44 PM   #10
Hellfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep View Post
I have an Apex can on my car. I was happy to get a good deal on an elite can by getting the Apex one
Yeah i have the apex can as well, no issues, but the inner bolts just hot a bit rust from screwing them to the can i guess, but it works as it should, always draining the can, and wiping down with crud on the towel.
Old 04-24-2018, 07:31 AM   #11
TheInfamouSS
@LS.ACE

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Man that sucks, i never ran into any issues with them, what about the RX guys? back when i had my v6 and 2010 first release they were the go to guys for everything catch can.
They are still around. Try Tracy Lewis Performance, it will lead you to the Rx.
TheInfamouSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 04:21 PM   #12
Hellfighter

I see, i saw the main guy was banned from the forum and since that have not seen nothing Rx related or new products, just wondering.
Old 04-24-2018, 05:49 PM   #13
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
I remember seeing Apex Chase commenting everywhere. He seemed like a good guy with a lot of knowledge about these cars.
Some things are not as they seem...
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 06:38 PM   #14
Hellfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Some things are not as they seem...

You run apex as well