Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 03-14-2009, 02:14 AM   #15
bigwil96786

Drives: 2007 jeep unlimited x
one of the guys i'm working with here in Iraq is stationed on Oahu. i will tell him about this site becasue he told me the other day that he is buying an SS when he gets back home. i lived on Oahu for 11 years and will be going back when my tour in california is over.
bigwil96786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 02:39 AM   #16
BBfan24

Drives: '10 Black 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz View Post
I lived in the back of Ewa Beach in the military housing area. Used to be soo much sugar canes back in those days.

I ordered my RS/2SS Camaro from Windward.

Someone mentioned earlier about destination fees. The destination fee is already included in the sticker so you should make sure they dont charge you twice by adding it again after the sticker price. Hope it makes sense.
I live on O'ahu, in the Ward area.

taz, I ordered from Servco Windward. 1SS/RS.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:44 AM   #17
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
i'd love to be in HI right now!!
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:14 PM   #18
SS-LS3

Drives: SS-LS2
count me in.... ordered mine from Mike G. at Waipahu Auto Silver 2SS/RS

6 from Waipahu and 2 from Windward - anyone know how many from the other dealers here in Hawaii? (Cutter and JN Chevys)

i guess we have to start a Gen5 club :flag2:
SS-LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:39 PM   #19
tbss1
More then meets the eye!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 426 hp
I live on Maui.
2010 2SS/RS, M6, OBX 7/8" l/t headers, with high flow cats, MBRP full 3" exhaust, Whipple supercharger, 3.875 pulley, ID-1050X 1260CC injectors, JRE rough idle street blower cam kit, ZL1 fp, ZL1 fpcm, ZR1 3 bar map sensor, cold air intake, Richman 4.10 gears, BMR toe rods, trailing arms, f/r sway bars, f/r sway bar end links, BMR end link brackets, full BMR poly bushing including solid rear cradle bushings, BMR frame connectors and tunnel brace, f/r Hurst swaybar bushing brackets, Fluidamper, MGR shifter, and tune by Jannetty Racing.
tbss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:50 PM   #20
heavyt100

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Lucky you live Hawaii!!!!

I used to live in Kaneohe, Windward side of Oahu.

Two of the best years of my life.

Of course, too many plate lunches made it the two fattest years of my life as well.
heavyt100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:59 PM   #21
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
im gonna start crying... i want to live in Hawaii

at least until summer starts here in chicago
Old 03-14-2009, 03:14 PM   #22
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Closest I get is watch DOG reruns.

That meth is a scourge in HI.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:46 PM   #23
tbss1
More then meets the eye!

Haole,
where did you order your camaro from, I ordered from windward servco aswell.
2010 2SS/RS, M6, OBX 7/8" l/t headers, with high flow cats, MBRP full 3" exhaust, Whipple supercharger, 3.875 pulley, ID-1050X 1260CC injectors, JRE rough idle street blower cam kit, ZL1 fp, ZL1 fpcm, ZR1 3 bar map sensor, cold air intake, Richman 4.10 gears, BMR toe rods, trailing arms, f/r sway bars, f/r sway bar end links, BMR end link brackets, full BMR poly bushing including solid rear cradle bushings, BMR frame connectors and tunnel brace, f/r Hurst swaybar bushing brackets, Fluidamper, MGR shifter, and tune by Jannetty Racing.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:51 PM   #24
tbss1
More then meets the eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 RS-SS View Post

6 from Waipahu and 2 from Windward - anyone know how many from the other dealers here in Hawaii? (Cutter and JN Chevys)

I herd that JN had 10, but they were charging 10,000 over MSRP, not sure if this is true or not, but Tommy at windward told me they were offering at MSRP.

Did any of you guys from Hawaii hear anything about getting your camaros.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:13 AM   #25
taz
Taz

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 RS-SS View Post

================================================== =
Definately need to start a Gen5 club. I'd join! I know that there are the mustang club and the chev corvette club, but was surprised of no camaro club on the island especially how many I see here on Oahu. Lets make it happen. I dont mind pm-ing my info to anyone who wants to put something together for the start of the camaro5 club. What do you all think. We can probably get info from the 'Corvettes of Hawaii" for help or other members on this forum. What ya think?

I've ordered the RS/2SS Silver Ice Metallic with 20" chrome wheels and automatic transmission. Also include is the metallic gray ralley striping package by the manufacture. I dont know who is number 2 at Windward Servco where I purchased it.
taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:19 AM   #26
taz
Taz

Word from dealership???

Has anyonee gotten any info from thier respective dealership concerning where their cars are at and when they expect it to be build as well as arrival date?

Windward Servco in Hawaii closed down the Chevy Division in Nov/Dec 2008, so the only information they have been getting is from the camaro5 forum. Looks like the chevy division decided not to let the other Toyota, Honda salesman to have access to Chevy database so now they cant get information for thier clients. Kinda sucks.

If you have a salesman that is willing to help to let me know where I am at in line, I would really appreciate it, or even better if you could have the access codes to the database to my salesman so that he can take care of his customers. Especially the Leeward and Windward Servco car dealerships work under one company.

Also, please let us know if someone in Hawaii gets their camaro first. I think everyone would be willing to drive anywhere on the island to see it.

Taz
Old 03-18-2009, 02:29 AM   #27
taz
Taz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbss1 View Post
I herd that JN had 10, but they were charging 10,000 over MSRP, not sure if this is true or not, but Tommy at windward told me they were offering at MSRP.

Did any of you guys from Hawaii hear anything about getting your camaros.
=========================
I got my RS/2SS SIM Camaro at MSRP from Tommy Chan at Windward Servco
I tried JN Chevy before and he woundnt budge any less than $5000 above MSRP. After I found out that Windward lost thier Chevy Division, I followed Scotts advise and went to a chevy dealership. They remembered me because I gave them grief about the $5000 increase over MSRP while Servco is selling at MSRP. So he says see what happend when you try to get a cheap deal. Its normally not worth it. He said he would not waste histime to check it out.

So, here I am, not even knowng tthat I have a camaro on order. I'm upset, but guess god wanted me to buy a Dodge Challenger or a Ford Mustang. We shall see. I can hang on for a few more days... but gotta know if its even on order or if when the chevy division was cut, if they deleted the pre-orders?
Taz
Old 03-18-2009, 03:23 AM   #28
tbss1
More then meets the eye!

I ordered from Tommy aswell, talked to him last week to drop the hurst shifter, told him that it was not availabe, he said that he did't know about the shifter, said he would find out and call me back, called back and said that his manager deleted the shifter from my order, cause the the chevy service center told them it wasent avalibale. he asured me that I was still getting my car, and that it was still an early order, By the way I ordered on 10/20/08, and my workbench order has priority 4, order type SRE retail sold, Tommy also said if I got my welcome kit, (witch I did), that means that I in there system, but he had on date of delivery.