Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 08-30-2011, 06:46 PM   #939
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Chevrolet is marketing the ZL1 as the ultimate Camaro and it is for the moment. The question is, how long is the moment?
Pete's right if you follow the thread to it's logical conclusion. It's been in the works for how many years now? How much R&D and $ is invested in this ZL1? It was initially (by all accounts) to be a Z28 until things went bad. There's just way too much tied up in this model, and I suspect they decided after it survived the brink of disaster to change their vision of what it should be to what it could be. Something can't stay in pre production forever against a continuosly changing competitor who has been evolving uninterupted without something having to be altered or changed. So, the thing that was, will be the thing that is. They sweetened it up even more with loads of all the extra stuff we are hearing it will have to make it the Gojira Camaro. Pretty smart on GM's part...well played Chevy. It's a real Phoenix I feel. So, realisticaly from a sound business model, can we make the business argument to now or in the near future release a Z28? It would compete against the ZL1. It will affect sales. It would be like competing against oneself, as Number 3 said. Makes sense to me. Chevy needs to recoup investment in this product. It's about risk and reward. I don't feel from a profit standpoint they are willing to take that risk. This is the finale at the end of the fireworks show. GM will wait untill the last shell is fired, and last burst is seen to release the Z28. The question is...as Pete said...."how long is the moment?"
Old 08-30-2011, 08:40 PM   #940
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
The business case is this: i (and others like me) won't buy a ZL1, however I will buy a Z28 if it is based on the original Z28 model, a track star.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:27 PM   #941
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
The business case is this: i (and others like me) won't buy a ZL1, however I will buy a Z28 if it is based on the original Z28 model, a track star.
Case closed!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:35 AM   #942
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Quote:
Case closed!
This is #2.99. I have with me 2cnd Chance V 2.0 to discuss the Z28 business case. We have decided you will produce the Z28. You have 3 Earth days to decide your fate. We will await your decision. That is all.

Last edited by OldScoolCamaro; 08-31-2011 at 06:45 AM.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:13 AM   #943
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Couldnt have said it better myself!!!
Old 08-31-2011, 11:47 AM   #944
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
My "fear" for a truly name-worthy Z/28 version (in the likeness of what we've agreed to, and now seek) is that, to answer the "next BIG Camaro thing" question as a follow-up to the vaunted ZL1, so little Gen-5 production time will remain... So, to make the Business Case number$ work, you'll have a bloated pricetag affixed to the window to cover the inevitable development co$t$, now spread over much fewer examples...and/or they'll settle for something less than the LS7...

"Last of the red-hot Gen-5 Camaros...get 'em while you can!!"

And that would be a shame...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:44 PM   #945
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

The magazines are not saying much any more about the Camaro. I know the ZL1 will revive the excitement, but the pricepoint will not be attainable by the average car guy/girl. In effect it will have the somewhat the same stir as a new Ferrari pasted on the front of a car mag. Oh I wish I could... So when the interest dives again a release of a very familiar nameplate at a more moderate $$$ should spur enthusiasm and attainability.
Repeat after me Z28, Z28, Z28...
Old 08-31-2011, 03:53 PM   #946
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
My "fear" for a truly name-worthy Z/28 version (in the likeness of what we've agreed to, and now seek) is that, to answer the "next BIG Camaro thing" question as a follow-up to the vaunted ZL1, so little Gen-5 production time will remain... So, to make the Business Case number$ work, you'll have a bloated pricetag affixed to the window to cover the inevitable development co$t$, now spread over much fewer examples...and/or they'll settle for something less than the LS7...

Yes, it would, and without a powerplant such as the mighty LS7, N/A of course, the end would not justify the means. Look, the Z28 for all practical and historical means IS the face of the Camaro. Real performance is back for the Camaro since it's rebirth. We are not suffering any longer from fluff, emblems or decals with the absence of gosh darn, honest to goodness performance as we had in the olden days. The Z28 does not have to beat down the ZL1..it just needs to be brought back, in this current platform, with the current goodies already available. The parts bin is stout, we can build it...we have the technology. Where is Steve Austin???
Quote:
The magazines are not saying much any more about the Camaro. I know the ZL1 will revive the excitement, but the pricepoint will not be attainable by the average car guy/girl. In effect it will have the somewhat the same stir as a new Ferrari pasted on the front of a car mag. Oh I wish I could... So when the interest dives again a release of a very familiar nameplate at a more moderate $$$ should spur enthusiasm and attainability.
Repeat after me Z28, Z28, Z28...
...Z/28...Z/28...Z/28...
Old 08-31-2011, 04:21 PM   #947
JusticePete

Oscar Goldman

Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic man. Steve Austin will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.

Fast Foward to an Unnamed GM Executive

Gentlemen, we can build a Z/28. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best handling Z/28. 2014 will be the year to release it. Better than the legendary Z/28 was before. Better, stronger, faster.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:55 PM   #948
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Pete, how much for everything you'd suggest Pedderswise for the Camaro?
Old 08-31-2011, 06:54 PM   #949
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post

"2014 will be the year to release it."

Pete, IF you're referring to a Gen-5 Camaro Z/28 in calendar year 2014, these two quotes unfortunately may go together...

Let's hope that "imaginary" discussion means/meant MY '14, circa early CY '13!
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:40 PM   #950
JusticePete

Quote:
Pete, how much for everything you'd suggest Pedderswise for the Camaro?
Less than $6,000,000

A Z would have to have:
Supercars
Sways
Sub-frame and radius bushes

With some creative accounting retail would be $4K.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:58 PM   #951
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
My, my, my...

A thread about a performance car has turned some of us into product-planner-wannabes...AHHHHH!!!!! WHAT'S THE WORLD COMING TO??!?!

I like pretending there's a 500hp, Pedderized Camaro somewhere up in the clouds, waiting for the next clap of thunder to come roaring down itself.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:02 AM   #952
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Less than $6,000,000

Wow I'll take 4 1/2 if them.

A Z would have to have:
Supercars
Sways
Sub-frame and radius bushes

With some creative accounting retail would be $4K.
Thanks! How much would be saved if XA's in leui of Super's?

Tags
700 hp z/28 in 2014, the greatest camaro