Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-22-2012, 10:19 AM   #29
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyIBMssRS View Post
I've read the manual for every car I've ever bought within the first week. Salesmen are pretty incompetent these days. Gotta learn how to use all the features yourself.
Oddly via the owners manual ( Hard copy or online) can I find a pic specifically of the battery in its mounting location.......yet there are inordinate amounts of pic's, many are redundant, of lets say lessor important items, features and areas of the car. Have always wondered why the battery connection or disconnection points themselves were pictorially negelected. Does that manual even list the physical size of a replacement?
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #30
Suge3523
Chevy Ridin' High

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS
Is the battery in the trunk on a 2012 model?
2012 Camaro RS - EXTERIOR: Plasti-Dipped Rims, Blacked Out Lights/Emblems, MRT V1 Exhausts, with more to come. INTERIOR: Red FootWell Lights, One 12" KICKER CVR W/1200 Watt HYPHONICS Amplifier, with more to come.
Suge3523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:01 PM   #31
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suge3523 View Post
Is the battery in the trunk on a 2012 model?
Yes.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:39 PM   #32
Suge3523
Chevy Ridin' High

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick View Post
Yes.
Awesome! That will make things a lot easier. Thanks for the info!
2012 Camaro RS - EXTERIOR: Plasti-Dipped Rims, Blacked Out Lights/Emblems, MRT V1 Exhausts, with more to come. INTERIOR: Red FootWell Lights, One 12" KICKER CVR W/1200 Watt HYPHONICS Amplifier, with more to come.
Suge3523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #33
panther2469

Drives: 2011 2SS RS SIM Litho # 193
welcome
Old 04-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #34
nhbouncer

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Summit White IOM rally
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggash View Post
Thats true, air pump and sealant that tire places hate.
well if you ever had to change a tire with that crap in it you'd know why we hate it so much makes a mess all over everything and often gets all over you.
nhbouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:21 PM   #35
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
In before Sir Nuke and the fridge

Welcome around! Don't use that sealant!

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:21 PM   #36
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggash View Post
Hi;
Where did they hide the battery in a 2012 Camaro ss.

thanks in advance
Ha ! You brought me back to when I first bought my camaro. lol !!!
Old 04-12-2012, 06:06 PM   #37
suplex

Drives: 2011 Coupe, 1LT, A6, No RS Package.
I have a 1LT (non-RS) and I had my dealer get me a spare. For the 18" wheel the donut spare tire size is: T155/70-R18.

You literally just lift the compressor and it's Styrofoam container out, and the spare goes right over the battery. You can even smoothly close it all back up again with no bump in your trunk. Just me personally, I would much rather have a spare.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #38
LoneCynic

Drives: 2015 BVM 1SS/1LE
I have a 2011 LS, and all four tires are the same size. Mine didn't even come with a donut. It just had the compressor and fix a flat junk with it. I bought a full size spare off another LS owner on this forum who changed out his wheels for a nicer set. I keep it in the trunk with a jack and tools to change if I'd get a flat. Whenever I get my oil changed and tires rotated, I just have them do a five tire rotation with the spare so that all five wheels get equal wear on them.

It won't fit in the wheel well, since it is only large enough for a donut, so it takes up most of the trunk space. Small price to pay for peace of mind about getting a flat though.

If I ever buy an SS, I'm thinking I'd just buy two spares for front and rear, remove the back seat, and keep them there I suppose. I don't like the thought of driving somewhere on a trip without a spare.
LoneCynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #39
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Name:  energizer.jpg
Views: 762
Size:  65.1 KB
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #40
cmb74656

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/BLI A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by its a syn View Post
trunk under the spare
SS has no factory spare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
I got the battery delete option. It absorbs gamma rays from the atmosphere for power.
It's a sunroof, not a solar panel. Or do you drive a Prius?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhbouncer View Post
well if you ever had to change a tire with that crap in it you'd know why we hate it so much makes a mess all over everything and often gets all over you.
Not to mention what it does to the wheels:
Attached Images

MODS: RX Performance catch can, Jegs CAI, ZL1 grille, chrome license plate frame, GM locking gas cap, Defender Worx chrome DRL bezels, GM molded splash guards, Oracle LED side markers, DRLs, tag lights and reverse lamps, Technostalgia Rapid Fire tail lamps, Vitesse shift paddle extenders, MBRP cat back.
FUTURE: long tube headers, front splitter, slotted/drilled rotors, leather console and e-brake handle boot, remote fuel door and rear seat release, sway bars and bushings.
WISH LIST: Edelbrock E-Force SC, LS3 conversion
cmb74656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:30 PM   #41
mjclemm
"Gunny"

Drives: 2023 Camaro LT1 RS Radiant Red
Was searching and found the battery.. FINALLY..lol..

Hello, I'm new to the forum as well... (New owner of a Gen 5 as well ). Without the forum I would have NEVER found the battery.. Looked in the trunk, under the hood, around the interior, etc.. NO battery, as well as no dip stick for the transmission.. Read the manual, found out there is NO DIPSTICK to check the transmission fluid and nowhere did it state the battery was UNDER the spare tire.... Thanks for posting the spot.. I wonder how many people have read this forum thru a google search and just "chuckled" and went to check it for the selfs...lol....
mjclemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:16 AM   #42
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjclemm View Post
Hello, I'm new to the forum as well... (New owner of a Gen 5 as well ). Without the forum I would have NEVER found the battery.. Looked in the trunk, under the hood, around the interior, etc.. NO battery, as well as no dip stick for the transmission.. Read the manual, found out there is NO DIPSTICK to check the transmission fluid and nowhere did it state the battery was UNDER the spare tire.... Thanks for posting the spot.. I wonder how many people have read this forum thru a google search and just "chuckled" and went to check it for the selfs...lol....
HA HA! you should have seen me crawling around underneath my car looking for the oil filter until I decided to read the manual, I have never seen an engine with the filter on top!

even though I felt pretty stupid at the time, I was still pleasantly surprised that it was where it was, it made my oil change really easy and quick....with less mess. A nice change compared to my 04 Monte Carlo where I actually had to remove the passenger side wheel to get to the oil filter, talk about a pain in the arse!