Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-12-2008, 11:06 AM   #43
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Chewy Send a message via MSN to Chewy
I really appreciate all the support everyone, thanks.

I asked my Chief on friday if there was any new word on my change in orders...he didn't even know they might change them?? so i have to wait till tues to talk to some of the guys inbetween us in the chain.

I'm hoping thats a sign i won't be changing squadrons

I also let my dealership know, and he said it should be a problem, might be able to get them to just use it as a floor show model until i can pick it up
Old 10-12-2008, 11:28 AM   #44
Dunk31
Instigator

Drives: 93 Z28, 70 Chevelle SS 97 Expo
Location: Kandahar, Afghanistan/St. Louis will always be home though.
The same thing happened to me. We just got back in April, but we're deploying sometime next year or early 2010. Either way what is the sense of buying a new camaro then letting it sit for a full year. I'm just gonna wait until I get back and I'll also get all the new options out. Just sucks cause I've got a lot for a downpayment from my last deployment. I guess this just means I'll be paying cash for the top of the line Camaro... Wish my deployments were only 6 months.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:37 AM   #45
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Chewy Send a message via MSN to Chewy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunk31 View Post
The same thing happened to me. We just got back in April, but we're deploying sometime next year or early 2010. Either way what is the sense of buying a new camaro then letting it sit for a full year. I'm just gonna wait until I get back and I'll also get all the new options out. Just sucks cause I've got a lot for a downpayment from my last deployment. I guess this just means I'll be paying cash for the top of the line Camaro... Wish my deployments were only 6 months.
@ least when you can pay cash it makes it a lot easier

ya, our deployments are only 6 months, but then we're on standby for the next 6 months...and we going on detachments all the time for a few weeks @ a time. Aviation squadrons are just easier to through around I guess, so we deploy for shorter but get sent out constantly for different things

gotta respect the guys are the ground tho!