Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-11-2011, 03:37 PM   #1
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Post your windshield washer bottle reclocation

I'm trying to decide on adding an ADM scoop or not. Obviously one of the issues is the washer bottle relocation. There are a handfull of solutions on the forum so I thought it would be good to have a single location for everyone to post what they did.

Post your pics and explanations and/or a link to a DIY thread you did or know of. Don't forget to include what you did with the pump if anything.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:11 PM   #2
Sack Rat 2SS

Drives: Silver SS/RS, Man 6
Caverman, ADM now has one. It consists of a bracket to which the plastic bottle attaches. Looks totally factory. Give Andy a call to get more details and perhaps a pic. I saw it installed in a car with Maggie and was impressed. Goes on driver side just behind the airbox. Good Luck
Sack Rat 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:15 PM   #3
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sack Rat 2SS View Post
Caverman, ADM now has one. It consists of a bracket to which the plastic bottle attaches. Looks totally factory. Give Andy a call to get more details and perhaps a pic. I saw it installed in a car with Maggie and was impressed. Goes on driver side just behind the airbox. Good Luck
Cool....I sent him a PM this morning. I'm sure I'll hear back in the next day or so. Maybe he can post up some pics here.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 01-11-2011, 05:32 PM   #4
navyblueSS

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Interested as well, thinking about adding the ADM scoop also.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:05 PM   #5
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Roto-Fab is also close to finishing their water bottle which also mounts to the left over stock bolt behind the box! Looks good so far! I just ordered my ADM scoop from Jannetty!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:15 PM   #6
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
That Rotofab washer bottle looks like the best choice I have seen so far.

I did the scoop with a small bottle before the Rotofab was available. It was around $40 I think. I built my own bracket to mount the bottle so no cutting or drilling. I mounted mine right where Rotofab did.

Get the scoop.

Here is my install:

The Bracket:

Last edited by Fraxum; 01-12-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:23 PM   #7
NinoSS

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM LS3

The specifics are in the thread below...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76311
Old 01-11-2011, 07:47 PM   #8
caverman

Cool....I hope more people post here.

And although this thread isn't just for me, having a Halltech is making it a little more difficult to find and solution. Most are mounting their W/W on the back of the heat shield but the Halltech's shield is so large there is only about 3" between it and the battery post. As you can see in this pic.

I really like the looks of what Roto-Fab's new W/W looks like. Unfortuneately it won't work for me.

Hmmm....now come to think of it, I guess I could always switch my heat shield with a Roto-Fab one and then get the W/W bottle. Guess I'll have to wait and see the other solutions and how much the Roto-Fab stuff is going to be.
Attached Images

Build Journal
Old 01-11-2011, 08:22 PM   #9
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Cool....I hope more people post here.

And although this thread isn't just for me, having a Halltech is making it a little more difficult to find and solution. Most are mounting their W/W on the back of the heat shield but the Halltech's shield is so large there is only about 3" between it and the battery post. As you can see in this pic.

I really like the looks of what Roto-Fab's new W/W looks like. Unfortuneately it won't work for me.

Hmmm....now come to think of it, I guess I could always switch my heat shield with a Roto-Fab one and then get the W/W bottle. Guess I'll have to wait and see the other solutions and how much the Roto-Fab stuff is going to be.
Use a bag?
Old 01-11-2011, 08:29 PM   #10
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
For those that haven't seen it, this is the Roto-fab W/W reservoir we are working on now. It is a tank molded specifically to fit the area pictured. For mounting, it uses the stud left exposed with most aftermarket intake systems along with a lower hole that already exists. No cutting, drilling or modifying to install this kit.
It will come with everything needed for installation including step by step instructions. We do plan on using an internally vented screw-on type cap instead of the stock cap pictured. By the end of the week we should have the mold modified to mold the threads necessary for the cap. We will post revised pics at that time.
This reservoir should work with Roto-fab, ADM Performance and CAI induction intakes. It may work with others as well.

Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:35 AM   #11
caverman

Any more suggestions?
Build Journal
Old 01-14-2011, 09:06 AM   #12
fcu678
5Th Gen (Craig)

Drives: 2014 C7
I went with the ADM race intake and W/W bottle. Andy had a Camaro at his shop with that setup when I dropped my car off last Saturday and it looked fine.

fcu678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:08 AM   #13
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcu678 View Post
I went with the ADM race intake and W/W bottle. Andy had a Camaro at his shop with that setup when I dropped my car off last Saturday and it looked fine.
Can you post some pics? I haven't see it yet.

EDIT: NM...I see you said it's at ADM. When you get it back can you take some pics and post.
Build Journal
Old 01-16-2011, 06:27 PM   #14
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
mine
Attached Images

BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote