Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-26-2011, 08:27 PM   #1
usranger80

Drives: 2011 1LT "Bumblebee"
Zaino or Adams

Ok, I know this has been beaten to death but I just want to re-address, from what I have read the difference in the quality of the shine between the two is really minimal and in the eye of the beholder, however it seems that most will agree that Zaino is better is the area of durability, so that being the case, for someone like myself who does not have the time to polish/wax my car once every two weeks would it be a safe bet to say that Zaino is the way to go for the best durability with a nice shine?

Again I understand both products are outstanding and no dis-respect to Adams, I just want to know if everyone agrees that Zaino is probably the best way to go if I am only going to have a weekend to devote to detailing my car one every several months?
usranger80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:32 PM   #2
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Bingo. If you want and use your car as a show car.. Adams is great. If you use it as a DD then Zaino has its advantages. But application is 12 hard hours so be ready for it.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:33 PM   #3
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
Quote:
Originally Posted by usranger80 View Post
Ok, I know this has been beaten to death but I just want to re-address, from what I have read the difference in the quality of the shine between the two is really minimal and in the eye of the beholder, however it seems that most will agree that Zaino is better is the area of durability, so that being the case, for someone like myself who does not have the time to polish/wax my car once every two weeks would it be a safe bet to say that Zaino is the way to go for the best durability with a nice shine?

Again I understand both products are outstanding and no dis-respect to Adams, I just want to know if everyone agrees that Zaino is probably the best way to go if I am only going to have a weekend to devote to detailing my car one every several months?
Zaino doesn't get rid of your swirls and scratches. It simply fills them in. Most people don't see swirls. All they see is the shine and depth of the paint. Only people that are detailing finatics (myself included) see swirls. They make me cringe. If you are not worried about this I would go with Zaino for it does last longer. If you see the swirls and other scratches I would go with Adam's. Now me personally I don't use either of these so I don't know anymore than the basic about them with what I explained. As for Zaino's durability, there are other cheaper alternative that work just as good. If you're not worried about swirls and scratches I would go with either Collinite 845 or Duragloss 105. They both work great, have the same durability as Zaino, and they last for around 4-6 months depending on the climate you live in, what kind of weather the car sees, and how it is stored.
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:41 PM   #4
usranger80

I would be willing to buff the swirls and scratches out before applying the Zaino, but I have been very careful when washing the car since I got it using the techniques we all know (proper towels, two bucket method, etc...) and so far I have yet put any noticable, even in direct sunlight, swirls. The car is only a month old and spends 10 hours a day sitting outside while at work and in the garage when home or not driving it. Car will never be a show car, so i am not overly concerned about having a show car shine, just a really good shine with the best protection.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:41 PM   #5
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
I've always used Zaino and had awesome results but more and more I'm switching over to Adams just because our Adams guy is local and supports our club. Still haven't put Adams polish on but I've used the interior cleaner, leather conditioner, towels, glass and others... Will probably end up all Adams when I run out of Zaino again.

And Adams is top notch C5 sponsor... you'll get assistance from them right here.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:43 PM   #6
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Adams to get rid of the imperfections, Zaino to seal in the paint
Old 07-26-2011, 08:44 PM   #7
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
Quote:
I would be willing to buff the swirls and scratches out before applying the Zaino, but I have been very careful when washing the car since I got it using the techniques we all know (proper towels, two bucket method, etc...) and so far I have yet put any noticable, even in direct sunlight, swirls. The car is only a month old and spends 10 hours a day sitting outside while at work and in the garage when home or not driving it. Car will never be a show car, so i am not overly concerned about having a show car shine, just a really good shine with the best protection.
If your car is a daily driver I would go with Collinite 845 or Duragloss 105. These products are known to last and last. They have been put to the test and one bottle will go a long way. Collinite has been known to last for 6 months even through cold weather temperatures. Adam's is just a little pricey in my opinion. It is quality products but there are a ton of other quality products out there that do just as good if not better.
P.S. I am not putting down Adam's in any way.
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:44 PM   #8
usranger80

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I've always used Zaino and had awesome results but more and more I'm switching over to Adams just because our Adams guy is local and supports our club. Still haven't put Adams polish on but I've used the interior cleaner, leather conditioner, towels, glass and others... Will probably end up all Adams when I run out of Zaino again.

And Adams is top notch C5 sponsor...
I realize that Adams is a top notch sponser, and I would really like to try the Adams products, just trying to determine what is going to make the best sense for someone like me who is a DD of my car but can't always get a proper detail done twice a month, and I appreciate all of your input as well.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:49 PM   #9
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
I realize that Adams is a top notch sponser, and I would really like to try the Adams products, just trying to determine what is going to make the best sense for someone like me who is a DD of my car but can't always get a proper detail done twice a month, and I appreciate all of your input as well.
True... I forgot to add at the car shows and such I just can't see the difference between the two, probably one reason I'm going the Adams route... (maybe?)

I'll wait and see what the experts say here. Good Thread...
Old 07-26-2011, 08:55 PM   #10
STL20102SS

Drives: SW 2010 2SS/RS
I have used several different products in the last 32 years and by far Adam's products are the best I have seen. Their easy of use, willingness to provide advice and top notch customer service speak volumes. And, to top it all off it is made in the U.S.A. :flag2:
2010 Summit White 2SS/RS M6: Injen longtube cold air intake, Borla S-Type cat-back exhaust, Tint, White painted rear diffuser, Red powder-coated Brembo calipers, New Era Performance ported throttle body, BMR 1" lowering springs, Hotchkis Chassis Max Strut Tower Brace, Red hash stripes, Vossen Matte Graphite/Machined CV5's
STL20102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:29 PM   #11
lets_go_bills

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS CGM M6
Quote:

I currently have and use both Zaino and Adams. I have numerous Zaino and Adams products including; Z2, Z5 and ZAIO polishes as well as a PC and Adams SSR, SHR and MSW. They all have their uses.

If your car has swirls and the paint needs correction, you have to use a PC with Adams to fix the paint.

If your paint looks great, then you can go Zaino and you won't be disappointed.

It all depends on what the condition of the paint is and how anal you are. You can't go wrong either way. Please provide some more info on what exactly you want and what your paint looks like as well as whether you Camaro is a DD or weekend warrior.

lets_go_bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:26 PM   #12
Mark's SS

Drives: 17 Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4x4 Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by lets_go_bills View Post
I currently have and use both Zaino and Adams. I have numerous Zaino and Adams products including; Z2, Z5 and ZAIO polishes as well as a PC and Adams SSR, SHR and MSW. They all have their uses.

If your car has swirls and the paint needs correction, you have to use a PC with Adams to fix the paint.

If your paint looks great, then you can go Zaino and you won't be disappointed.

It all depends on what the condition of the paint is and how anal you are. You can't go wrong either way. Please provide some more info on what exactly you want and what your paint looks like as well as whether you Camaro is a DD or weekend warrior.
This is the method that I use. Adam's for paint correction and Zaino for paint protection. The result are amazing. I don't think you can go wrong using either for paint protection (wax vs. sealant). For now I just prefer the Zaino as my sealant. It does last a long time. But then I never give it a chance to wear off.
Mark's SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:29 PM   #13
JHL88

Drives: 02 z06
adams ftw for paint correction. best ive used. haven't used their waxes yet.
2002 torch redc5z06 - sold :(
'13 z71 4x4 - DD

www.fquick.com/JHL88
JHL88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:10 AM   #14
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Here is my .02 cents worth.

IF your car is or is not a daily driver a daily driver then you must decide what you want you paint to look like. If you want a swirls free and pretty flawless paint then you will need to correct it first and then PROTECT it and do proper maintenance on the paint. By this I mean how you wash and take care of your paint.

To get a great shine you must have a foundation for the shine, Clay, Remove imperfections ( Swirls and scratches) , Polish , then wax it to protect the shine you get from polishing. Once that is acheived then you have to maintain it by proper cleaning or proper cleaning technique. Junkman has a great video explaining how to wash and maintain your finish. ( 2 bucket wash)

IF you get the paint is non swirl and scratch condition then pretty much most product will keep it protected, BUT you have to get it to that state and maintain it by washing it correctly, them you will be fine.

If you do not want to spend a bunch of time correcting the paint and keeping it maintained, and don't mind swirls then your best bet would be to OTC things cause it really won't matter and be cheaper on your wallet.

BUT if you want a great shine, Clay your car, remove all the swirls and scratches, then POLISH it ( this is where the shine comes from) lastly wax it to protect the shine.

I have used Zaino before and I personally did not like it and now I use Adam's for a couple of reasons.

1. They have great customer support and service. If you have ANY questions you can Always contact their staff and they will answer any question. Dylan is on here all the time and easy to find.

2. They have a forum to go to and learn from. A lot of nice people, no flaming going on and everyone is so willing to help each other out.

3. Adam's puts on FREE detailing clinics. Just show up and learn, use their products and learn.

4. They push American made products.

5. The 110% Lifetime guarantee. Real Simple if you don't like it they give 110% of your monet back. No questions asked.

These are the reasons I use Adams. I will say this though no matter what product you use if you learn to use it correctly then you can achieve the results you want, Adams just made it simple for me to learn, use and maintain my finish. JMHO
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote