Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-31-2012, 10:55 AM   #29
Third-Gen
Olson Kustom Works

Drives: 91 Camaro, LS3, TVS2300, TR6060
agreed on the 3M tape. The clear variety has never worked well. If we want to use something that stays, the gray (not sure the model number) always works great, and never releases. The clear stuff pulls right off the back of the light strips, and whatever its stuck to as well. Maybe a little adhesion promoter on the back of the strips, and some 3M gray tape, and they will stick a little better. just my $.02 :-)
Third-Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:04 AM   #30
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
The lights look really good. The placement of the control box is a good idea!

Do you have any pictures of the glow coming from the vents? Every angle of shot you took doesn't look like the vents are illuminated.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:07 AM   #31
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
The lights look really good. The placement of the control box is a good idea!

Do you have any pictures of the glow coming from the vents? Every angle of shot you took doesn't look like the vents are illuminated.
Thanks man, I appreciate that.

Yeah, it was really weird, at that show the camera didn't pick up the glow in the vents. They are really visible in person, and light up like crazy at night. I'll have to take better pics at various to see if I can capture it.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:52 PM   #32
Unfkwthabl

Drives: 2011 V6 Synergy Green Camaro
You might not need to raise up the lights it looks like the projectors are not installed straight up and down in the housing..You might need to take a screw driver and rotate the projectors so tht the cutoff line can be corrected.. This is what the cutoff line should look like..This will also help to illuminate the road better for better visibility..

Unfkwthabl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:54 PM   #33
TCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfkwthabl View Post
You might not need to raise up the lights it looks like the projectors are not installed straight up and down in the housing..You might need to take a screw driver and rotate the projectors so tht the cutoff line can be corrected.. This is what the cutoff line should look like..This will also help to illuminate the road better for better visibility..

I completely agree! Thank you for noticing that. That is one thing I haven't had much time to do, as this car has only been driven twice since the install, and only one fo those times were at night, ha-ha. It definitely needs adjusting.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:22 AM   #34
Eskilachi

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss Convertible
This gave me exactly the inspiration I needed to decide to go with those lights. Been thinking about it for a while. Now I´m certain this will be done! I just need someone to install them..lol. If I do it, I´d be lucky if I even get one light working.
Eskilachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:31 AM   #35
TCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskilachi View Post
This gave me exactly the inspiration I needed to decide to go with those lights. Been thinking about it for a while. Now I´m certain this will be done! I just need someone to install them..lol. If I do it, I´d be lucky if I even get one light working.
Haha, no problem man, we can get you hooked up with an installer. My friend who did my lights is a professional and will get it done right. He lives in Anaheim and his workmanship and prices are WELL worth it. He actually responded in this thread, and goes by the name Third-gen. Send him a PM or send me a PM and I'll give you his phone number.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:38 AM   #36
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
great work man ,car looks sick and all mods tie beautifully together ,one more thing ,i suggest you consider a havoc rear difusser ,it would tie perfectly with your exterior mods, awesome build man thanks for sharing.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:06 AM   #37
Support@OracleLights.com

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskilachi View Post
If you need any assistance with this purchase please let me know.
Support@OracleLights.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #38
TCAT

Very true! Jonathan and Justin are just a phone call or PM away for assistance if this is something you would like to do. They'll help you plan out the steps necessary for a complete install.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:54 AM   #39
TCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
great work man ,car looks sick and all mods tie beautifully together ,one more thing ,i suggest you consider a havoc rear difusser ,it would tie perfectly with your exterior mods, awesome build man thanks for sharing.
Thanks a ton Pierre! I appreciate it! You have one heck of a build thread as well, and I love what you've done with the car. I've been enjoying your thread for some time now.

We have the same thought process in regards to the diffuser. I want to either lay real carbon on the stock one, or purchase te Havoc, or the RK Sport real carbon diffuser. It's been a tough decision though.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #40
Eskilachi

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan@AACstyle.com View Post
If you need any assistance with this purchase please let me know.
Will do! Just give me a few a few days so that I can go through what I think I need.

And for OP - I will do as you say and contact your friend.

Thanks a lot both of you!
Eskilachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:14 PM   #41
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Now sir....you are speaking my language!

Fantastic job on the install......really. Great of you to share your personal build and pics so folks can see what it takes to do this stuff.

Quality post right here man.
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #42
TCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
Now sir....you are speaking my language!

Fantastic job on the install......really. Great of you to share your personal build and pics so folks can see what it takes to do this stuff.

Quality post right here man.
Ivan
Thanks a ton Ivan!! You're the man. A matter of fact, I bought my AAC Switchback LED turn signals from you . Any time I ordered products from you, your company has been top notch. Great products, prices, and customer service is what I look for, and that's what I received.

Thanks for the compliments, and I hope this thread inspires more people to do something fun and unique with their car. It is a complete blast to see things come together from a vision to a reality.