Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #57
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
10-4 sir
As usual thank you for the insight sir!
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:58 PM   #58
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
How are the tubes attached? Have to cut the manifold in half to attach and port?
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:46 PM   #59
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
Thanks everyone, this is all great info. I love reading about stuff like this.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:18 PM   #60
grocerygetter
instigator

Drives: 2020 6.2 Trail Boss, 2022 XC90
In a boosted application, cutting apart a manifold spooks me.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:21 AM   #61
G8-4-Speed

Drives: 2009 Pontian G8 GT
Tuff.....

The only way to break the intake is to have a nitrous backfire....It isn't going to break under boost, nor are the bars moving. I would put anything it the intake if I thought there was any way of it coming loose and going in the motor. Yes, the bars help the air make the 180 degree turn around the knife edge to keep the air from tumbling. I have cut intakes to pieces, shortened runners, enlarged the runners, lowered the floor, and adding radius molds trying to find the best way to increase the airflow, this is it....

Also have flowed several "ported" intakes bolts to stock and ported heads: AI, Landspeed, Fasterprom stg 1&2, VMS, and a couple no-names. They either flowed the same as stock or worse. The ones that flowed worse ground on the knife-edge too much at the port entryway when the sanded the plenum and it hurt the flow. I tried radiusing the knife edge at the port entry by itself and it flow it lost, plus it lost .1 and 1mph+ at the track.
G8-4-Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:00 AM   #62
Joe@CPR.com
Account Suspended

Drives: 03 vette, 94 trans am, 04 gto
sorry for not responding sooner i was out of town, i read the thread on my phone but wanted to respond via my computer. that absolutely is not our intake!!! I would love to know who is claiming that is ours so I could tell them to never pass off something as bad as that as my work. That looks like someone just scuffed the sides with a scotch pad lol. I am sorry you were mislead but at least you paid fair price for a stock intake. If you want to ship us that for a real port job let me know
Joe@CPR.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:06 AM   #63
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@CPR.com View Post
sorry for not responding sooner i was out of town, i read the thread on my phone but wanted to respond via my computer. that absolutely is not our intake!!! I would love to know who is claiming that is ours so I could tell them to never pass off something as bad as that as my work. That looks like someone just scuffed the sides with a scotch pad lol. I am sorry you were mislead but at least you paid fair price for a stock intake. If you want to ship us that for a real port job let me know
Thanks Joe! I truly appreciate you clarifying this. I had a feeling this couldn't have been your porting job, or any professional porting job for that matter. This one that I purchased looks like a hack job for sure. I will definitely let you know when I'm ready to send in an intake to get ported. Thanks again, and you guys are fantastic.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote