Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-25-2013, 11:41 AM   #29
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
They always tell you when your subscription runs out that you will be charged the normal year price. Idk why people blame XM for them not paying attention.
Remove your card from their file, and they will still try to collect. They will mail you a bill to your last known address and if you do not pay it will hit your credit as an unpaid bill.

Sirius/XM are serial offenders and should be run out of business. If they do you dirty what you should do is report them to The Federal Trade Comission, the Department of Consumer Protection, Better Business Bureau and your State A.G.

They operate this way so long as people allow it.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:43 AM   #30
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
I love my XM radio lifetime subsciprtion. No problems since December 2009.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:48 AM   #31
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
I had a year of credit roll over from my last when I traded plus the 1 year free trail. I have about 8 months left but I won't be renewing because I never use it.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:01 PM   #32
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
same here...I've had no problems with them. I pay for the full year, they call me about 2 months before it's due to expire & I usually tell them to renew. I see the bank charge during the last month of my current contract.

I have about 5 main channels I listen to & the comedy channels occassionally. It might not seem like a lot, but I think it's worth the cost - it comes up to less than $2 per week.
Wait a minute - so you are saying you only get about 10 channels and pay about $100 a year, or do you still get all the basic channels?
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:38 PM   #33
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
They always tell you when your subscription runs out that you will be charged the normal year price. Idk why people blame XM for them not paying attention.
Well when I get billed for $100 dollars and XM is not on my radio, I definitely start paying attention because that's THEIR mistake, not mine. I've had several sub services paid through my credit card over the past 10+ years and never had this happen with any other company.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #34
San2cci

Drives: 2013 silver ice metallic ZL1
They also hit you with Music Royalty fees, some sort of 30 dollar tax. Be careful and tell them NO I WONT PAY THOSE RIDICULOUS CHARGES! I ended up for 1 year for 75 dollar (That was the final price) so I made out well. Also, make sure you DO NOT AGREE TO RE-OCCURRING charges.
San2cci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:51 PM   #35
Chat01

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS L99
I haven't even listened to my XM free trial since I got my car. I had issues with them in the past with canceling then badgering you afterward. I love the Pandora app in the MyLink. $3.99 per month out of your iTunes account for the pay version with no ads.
Chat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:27 PM   #36
Jcm

Drives: 2011 ss
I got the lifetime, had it several years..But with the camaro in car radio I've had it 2years ,,but only paid 3months..
All you have to do is tell them you're out of work and they'll give you 3 months free. Just be sure and cancel the day before the auto renewal date or they'll charge you full price thereafter..
Been doing this about a year now..did'nt fall for the 3 months for 25 either..Or 3months for the price of one..
After trying to cancel the xm service on wife's fusion un successfully, I called credit card co. Told them I lost the card and got a new number..that ended there charges..do not give them your card ##.
Jcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:40 PM   #37
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
I hate these f'in assholes. I store my Camaro during the winter and I rarely listen to XM so I called in November to discontinue the service. Spring comes around and I get my car out of storage and it was tuned to XM but it was on channel 1 which means I don't have a subscription.....great because I didn't want one.

I don't pay the bills in my house but my wife asked me about an eBay purchase on our Visa card and I noticed XM charged us $89, this was around July. I pulled out the last few bills and sure enough they had been charging me so I called them. They told me that when I cancelled the service in November it was only cut off for 2 months. I was supposed to call again January to cancel the service....again.

I went out to the car and I had no access to XM so I called them back and told them I haven't had access to XM so they have to credit me. The person on the phone told me to hold on, then said get in the car and tune it to XM. NOW I had access to XM. They wouldn't credit me ANYTHING f'in thing!! I was so pissed off because this is total BS, I cancelled it and never had access to it so how could they charge me??

I wrote them a horrible email and guess what I got back? I get an offer for half off XM subscription for 12 months! I will NEVER use XM again, I hate the SOB's. And come to find out many people have had the same problem so NEVER, NEVER, NEVER give them your credit card number.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:36 PM   #38
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
I love my XM radio lifetime subsciprtion. No problems since December 2009.
This^^^^^^^^^^

NO issues after buying the lifetime subscription. Of course I don't think they offer it anymore either though...
Old 06-26-2013, 12:14 AM   #39
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: Like a idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrisebo View Post
They do suck, but usually if you can deal with them for a bit you can get it for 6 months for 25$. They are now asking if its ok to bill your card, and your ok with it renewing. Just make sure you call to cancel before its up.

Got to remember some of the folks working there could be next to useless and will tell you whatever. Sometimes you have to read the fine print yourself, set a calender reminder and call and cancel.

So, for 30 mins every 6 months, its worth it for the $25 dollar deal
the only trouble is you get the shaft on the stations. i have a free trial of the internet radio through xm and found a few bad ass stations and they are not in the car.
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
'77 T/A 6.6;, draining my wallet.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:16 PM   #40
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter1660 View Post
I told them my car was in storage and that I didn't drive it....until then it was nonstop soliciting
they're still sending me renewal requests for my 2011 that was lost in Hurricane Sandy.

I call them up and tell them that, and a week later I get a snail mail pleading for me "to come back". dafuq. lol
NYJets77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:25 PM   #41
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by jravenfan View Post
I have been a customer since 2008 and never had a problem, I don't remembering them calling me even once. I set up an account on line and manage it that way. I did have a portable receiver that I cancelled service on that I get offers to turn back on but it's no big deal.
Same situation here. This is our first car deal, but have had home service for quite q while, and it has been no problem. I hope it continues, and was hoping I could get a deal since we will now have 2 subscriptions.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:45 PM   #42
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
ok, I'll make this easy for the fans of Sirius/XM. If you never had a need to cancel your sub, regardless of reason, then obviously you've never encountered this other side of Sirius/XM.

Trust me, everything everyone in this thread posted concerning their personal horror stories courtesy of Sirius/XM is 100% accurate. I know, as I used to be one of the folks on the side of XM saying well, I never had any problems! Naturally. When I decided I no longer needed or wanted XM are when the problems began.

I traded my 2010 Malibu that had remaining time on my year plan. I called to report I traded the Malibu, please transfer my remaining time to my new car. I had to call a month after the fact b/c they still showed the Malibu account as active along with the Camaro, despite the fact that I traded it and notified them.

I thought my issue was resolved after call number 2.... until, two months later, wouldn't ya know it, BLAM. They cut off my Camaro b/c the 3 month trial ended! Despite the fact that I had 8 months remaining on the sub that was already paid for and transfered 3 months ago. Here we go again....

So now I am kinda disgusted w/ their service, I call to speak to a manager or supervisor, and I'm put on hold for 20 - 30 minutes w/ no one ever answering or just hung up on. This goes on for days. All the while never giving them reason any to hang up on me. I wasn't upset, and I wasn't yelling. I asked to speak with a supervisor to resolve a recuring issue, and click. Dial tone. I even got calls three times per day, every day, from people who wanted to renew my service. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, click. Dial tone. These were aggressive collection style calls. Often these people would be so loud I had to hold my phone 6" from my ear. No exageration.

Upon finally getting someone on the phone, they apologized and said well, we can't give you what you say you paid for, but how about six months for free? Why would I take that? I paid for a year, and have 8 months remaining! Why can't you give me what your website states? That unused time can be transfered?

The response.... "Lifetime packages can't be trasferred, it's on the car not the person who owns it." My reply, "fantastic, but I don't have the lifetime plan! I already explained to you that I paid for a year on a car I traded and I only want the remaining 8 months that I paid for! I'm not even asking any compensation for the numerous times I was hung up on or put on infinite hold."

Then, incredulously, they offer me five months free, b/c I already used three with the free trial....

I nearly lost my f'n mind, but held my composure. I explained, "ok, first of all you began by offering me 6 months free, which I declined to take b/c I'm owed 8 months. So why would I take 5 months, (which is less than 6 months btw, in case you didn't know). I already said no to your 6 month offer and you offer me less? Not to mention, by offering me the remaining 5 months after the three free month trial, you're acknowledging that you owe me 8 months, correct? Well, why would you subtract three months if the car comes with 3 months of complimentary service?"

After about three more days of back and forth this was finally put to rest. I decided to cancel completely after the 8 months owed to me was up. I called, cancelled and was pleasently surprised b/c it went smoothly. Just like the whole trasfer deal went smoothly 8 months ago, we know how that went down. Anyway I made sure to remove my credit card from their system after that fiasco, just to be sure.... A month after, who do you think had the balls to mail me a bill for 6 months? If you said Sirius/XM you're a big winner! I nearly had to lawyer up to get that last issue taken care of. As someone else mentioned, not only did they bill me, but my radio was inactive the entire time.

To this day they still mail me offers to renew my 2010 Malibu at a deeply discounted price. Too bad I don't own that car. Too bad I told you I traded it well over 15 months ago....

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote