Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 01-30-2012, 07:06 PM   #29
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
This is going to be the best AutoX, yet. I can feel it!!!

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #30
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Ryan,

Thank you for offering. We'll take a session, a day or two days. How much time are you willing to put into this?
Do you know what days you will be running? I should be available any of the days except Sunday most likely as my wife works and I will have the little ones barring any unforeseen circumstances at this time.
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:12 PM   #31
tpower
DBLCHBY III

Drives: 15 1LE
Quote:
90 minutes to two hours.
Well I've got a helmet , I've got a new ZL1 , you got the pylons hopefully lots. I would love to try a session and help out for a session
Old 01-30-2012, 07:32 PM   #32
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
Do we know you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
Do you know what days you will be running? I should be available any of the days except Sunday most likely as my wife works and I will have the little ones barring any unforeseen circumstances at this time.
Setup is Thursday, be we have that covered. Friday and Saturday are the AC run dates we need help with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpower View Post
Well I've got a helmet , I've got a new ZL1 , you got the pylons hopefully lots. I would love to try a session and help out for a session

+

Will

JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:42 PM   #33
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I'm going to need to hire a bouncer to manage the line.....
And someone's going to be mysteriously knocking over cones at my corner as they go back...hmm....disqualified?

Muuuuahahhahahahha

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:48 PM   #34
tpower
DBLCHBY III

will there be instructors available??
Old 01-30-2012, 08:00 PM   #35
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
We want the same dedicated people both days, but that does not mean you can't sneak out for drag runs. What is means is you have to arrange you time so the event is covered. That is why we are asking for two in each category. I am also going to assume, until the Camaro5 FEST Staff tell us differently, we should be able to get some priority for our staffers over at the drags as in move to the front of the line at thee drags and get back to work at the autocross
Ok guys... I'm gonna help make it clear how badly we need members to help us pull this off.

This is the first time we'll be doing this without any SCCA support... Thank God for Pete and his dealers who will be the core folks pulling this off.

So here is what I'm willing to offer.

We will give anyone that ends up on Pete's list as workers will get free entry into the fest for the entire weekend.

Pete you manage the list and what is an acceptable level of effort. It's up to you who makes the list.

In addition whomever steps up to be Pete's administrative "go to" person, will get some compensation from Camaro5 as well. I'm working on that now. I will post as soon as I know what it will be....
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #36
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
we have to be careful about the word "instructors". Driving Instructors are specially licensed and we won't have any on hand that I know of...

But we will have plenty of experienced drives that will be able to take you for a few laps or to ride along with you if you'd like.

We may need to set up a special time for these runs if there is enough interest in ride alongs.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:20 PM   #37
tpower
DBLCHBY III

Im very interested in trying ,and wouldnt mind helping out for a session
Old 01-30-2012, 08:35 PM   #38
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Pete, I would like to make a plea to the members who want to run the auto-X

This is run by a dude named PETE.. it's not a large professional setup, it's a bunch of Camaro dudes out to have a good time, Pete enjoys it, but he can't do it by himself. It takes a LOT of folks to make it work... the more folks, the easier it is on everyone.

If you want to run, you HAVE to help, at least with cones, or wherever Pete may need you at the time.

Make plans to have a small get together with your buddies at a corner or three, bring your lawn chairs and drinks (no liquor) and help with cones for a couple hours, you'll have the best seat in the house... also....many hands make for light work.

If you say you'll help, HELP! There were only three corner workers for the first morning last year, and it was a HUGE layout... It made for slow running, only one car on the track at a time, and delays resetting cones.

Schedule your time at the fest, if you want to run autoX in the am of the first day, plan on using the morning of the first day to help at the track.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:05 PM   #39
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Ok guys... I'm gonna help make it clear how badly we need members to help us pull this off.

This is the first time we'll be doing this without any SCCA support... Thank God for Pete and his dealers who will be the core folks pulling this off.

So here is what I'm willing to offer.

We will give anyone that ends up on Pete's list as workers will get free entry into the fest for the entire weekend.

Pete you manage the list and what is an acceptable level of effort. It's up to you who makes the list.

In addition whomever steps up to be Pete's administrative "go to" person, will get some compensation from Camaro5 as well. I'm working on that now. I will post as soon as I know what it will be....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
we have to be careful about the word "instructors". Driving Instructors are specially licensed and we won't have any on hand that I know of...

But we will have plenty of experienced drives that will be able to take you for a few laps or to ride along with you if you'd like.

We may need to set up a special time for these runs if there is enough interest in ride alongs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Pete, I would like to make a plea to the members who want to run the auto-X

This is run by a dude named PETE.. it's not a large professional setup, it's a bunch of Camaro dudes out to have a good time, Pete enjoys it, but he can't do it by himself. It takes a LOT of folks to make it work... the more folks, the easier it is on everyone.

If you want to run, you HAVE to help, at least with cones, or wherever Pete may need you at the time.

Make plans to have a small get together with your buddies at a corner or three, bring your lawn chairs and drinks (no liquor) and help with cones for a couple hours, you'll have the best seat in the house... also....many hands make for light work.

If you say you'll help, HELP! There were only three corner workers for the first morning last year, and it was a HUGE layout... It made for slow running, only one car on the track at a time, and delays resetting cones.

Schedule your time at the fest, if you want to run autoX in the am of the first day, plan on using the morning of the first day to help at the track.
You guys are GREAT. Thank you.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:06 PM   #40
JusticePete

Quote:
We will have seasoned drivers available for ride-along in thier car or yours to help get you up to speed.

Quote:
Im very interested in trying ,and wouldnt mind helping out for a session
We are very interested in having you participate!
Old 01-30-2012, 09:08 PM   #41
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
I plan on participating this year...

...last year I was banned from that side of the track.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:11 PM   #42
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I plan on participating this year...

...last year I was banned from that side of the track.
I can un-ban you for a small fee