Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-29-2008, 06:28 AM   #141
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullthrottle View Post
these guy's intend on selling the camaro at or below MSRP.

Hello Mr. Van Paris,

Welcome to lesstanford.com and thank you for your e-mail on the Camaro. We just recieved information on the Camaro last week. I will try to reply as to your letter on a point by point basis;

1) The RS model will have a MSRP beginning in the low 20's.
2) The SS model will begin in the high 20's and go to mid 30's , these are for the coupe models.
3) GM did not announce a Z-28 supercharged model as yet. They only hinted at a 3 model.
4) Cars will start arriving in Feb of 2009, Convertibles in the fall.
5) The 550hp motor going into the CTS will be the motor for the next stage of Camaro.
6) I cannot offer pricing on the Z-28 yet, we are selling our cars at MSRP or below.

I would think we will know morw about the Z car by mid-2009. Please let me know how I can assist you.

Dennis Tap
Sales & Leasing Consultant
Les Stanford Chevrolet Cadillac
21730 Michigan Ave.
Dearborn, MI 48124
(313) 565-6000 Ext.1428
(313) 724-1428 Direct
(313) 563-8577 Fax
Email: dennis_tap@lesstanford.com

Les Stanford Chevrolet Cadillac
21730 Michigan Avenue
Dearborn, MI 48124
http://www.lesstanford.com
(313) 565-6000
He seems to have leaked the 550HP CTS engine going into the next (perhaps Z28) Camaro. Hope he is right about this one..
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:21 AM   #142
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0rsa180 View Post
what about new york?

I know Kerbeck in NJ is a big time vette dealer, and when everybody was askin 5-10k over sticker on my fathers 50th anniversary, they were actually 2-3k under...hopefully they are doing the same on the camaro ::fingers crossed::
I don't have any experience with any GM dealerships in the area, but I'll be checking out RAMP Chevy in LI and Meyer Chevy in Queens.

If those don't pan out, I'll add Kerbeck to my list and after that it's Milwaukee!

There are a few of us in the NYC area on the boards. We definitely will have to keep in touch closer to launch time.
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:33 AM   #143
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
He seems to have leaked the 550HP CTS engine going into the next (perhaps Z28) Camaro. Hope he is right about this one..
He only leaked speculation that he read on a forum.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:16 AM   #144
fullthrottle
I WANNA GO FAST

Drives: I have 4 vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post

this is probably true. However, I've been members of previous forums where there were new cars introduced like this and alot of the unknown speculation that people bring to forums ususlly generats from a credible source. example I used to own a saturn ION REDLINE the big Extinct brother to the Cobalt SS S/C. Once we quit making power on the small stock supercharger alot of us die hards started converting our cars to Turbochargers becase of the increased power capability. alot of us bitched for along time trying to get GM to Turbocharge the cobalt from the factory. next thing you know they eventually did it. maby they already had it planned maby they didnt. I like to believe that the public spoke and GM answered with a grewat product that the public loves What I'm trying to say is that there are people in high places of GM, ford ect. watch thing's like message boards and believe it or not they attempt to meet customer demands all while trying to make a profit. in other words if GM thought they could make a profit selling a street legal nascar then they would. So in the end It's my belief that GM will introduce the LSA engine in a production camaro because (WE) the public want it. (SO KEEP ASKING EVERYONE!) as far as what they're going to badge it as who knows and who cares.

just my 2 cents.

2005 FORD EXPLORER

2008 YAMAHA R6

2008 CHEVY COLORADO. (THE WIFE'S)

SOON TO COME A BIG NASTY CAMARO.
fullthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:06 PM   #145
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Yep. Some of it was true. But, I'd be completely honest about everything and not fib to get someone to hold on to "my" dealership. That is the worst thing you can do.

Why is he spouting off prices??? What if he is wrong??? I'd say the prices are guestimates, but nothing about prices has been released from GM.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:42 PM   #146
fullthrottle
I WANNA GO FAST

Drives: I have 4 vehicles
yeah id say thats why he said things like 20's 30's ect. no exact numbers. either way im sure its coming and im excited.

2005 FORD EXPLORER

2008 YAMAHA R6

2008 CHEVY COLORADO. (THE WIFE'S)

SOON TO COME A BIG NASTY CAMARO.
fullthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:49 PM   #147
Ctrain24

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
I don't have any experience with any GM dealerships in the area, but I'll be checking out RAMP Chevy in LI and Meyer Chevy in Queens.

If those don't pan out, I'll add Kerbeck to my list and after that it's Milwaukee!

There are a few of us in the NYC area on the boards. We definitely will have to keep in touch closer to launch time.
I emailed Meyer Chevrolet about charging over msrp and they never emailed me back. I'm going to assume they are marking up. The only dealer in this area who gave me a straight answer and is number one on my list of dealers to order from was Bennett Chevrolet in New Jersey who said:

Chris,

Thank you for the oppurtunity to earn your business.

Release date is Model Year 2009. We never sell over MSRP. Our list is long.

Thank you,

Randy C. Ordille

Sales and Leasing Representative
Ctrain24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:55 PM   #148
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKarsting View Post
The best place to buy a Camaro in or near California is at Folsom Chevrolet (near Sacramento CA - http://www.folsomchevy.com ) It is a family owned dealership and they are very upfront and fair on thier pricing. Thier phone number is 800-608-5541 or 916-985-5600.

theChevyGuy

Just another copy and paste reply to my e-mail advertising all their amenities but no answers were given...What a crock of
Old 07-31-2008, 04:39 PM   #149
scotchsride09
It's STARSCREAM!!!

Drives: 2003 Nissan Frontier S/C DR
I didn't really want to put this in the "Price-Gouging Dealers" thread b/c they haven't actually confirmed they'll gouge per se; but I do tend to agree with whomever said that if they say they "haven't decided yet" they're just waiting til closer to the production date to admit it.

Dealership: Ron Baker Chevrolet in San Diego, CA

Their response to my query:

"As of now we are not taking orders. I presume this will begin to take place sometime in December or January as production is scheduled to begin on February 16, 2009 and should be in showrooms as soon as the following month.

I can't say whether or not there will be a premium attached to this vehicle just yet. What I can tell you is that it will be in high demand, so as soon as we get allocation, I will be contacting those customers who are ready and prepared to place their order first!"

Oh yeah and can I request too that someone compile the dealerships by state in the first post? It's going to be impossible to find info for your state otherwise...

I know it's a daunting task, but it would help a lot!

Right now it's an '03 Nissan Frontier Supercharged Desert Runner I call Starscream.

On order is a 1SS/ RS IBM with Black Rally Stripes, Beige Interior, manual transmission and a sunroof! Oh, and a stereo upgrade too! Ordered from CamaroScotty in WI. How will I get my baby home?
scotchsride09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 12:53 AM   #150
drummerstevey

Drives: 2006 VW GTI
so i just contacted 50 different dealerships in my area!! they range from north jersey all the way to the south and out west to eastern pa. lets see who comes in at msrp or below

Good things are worth waiting for...
drummerstevey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 09:51 AM   #151
drummerstevey

Drives: 2006 VW GTI
Msrp or below

Kelle Chevrolet
137 Allaire Road
Farmingdale, NJ, 07727
(732)938-7571
www.kellechevrolet.com

Bob Swick
Brown-Daub Volvo
Brown-Daub Chevy-Volvo in Nazareth, PA
(610) 759-1000 or (800) 220-3282
Store Hours: Mon.-Fri. 9 AM to 9 PM & Sat. 9 AM to 5 PM
http://www.browndaubchevy.com/ or http:! //www.browndaubvolvo.com/

Bryan Hiberman
General Motors Certified Internet Manager
Gray Chevrolet Cadillac of the Poconos
Stroudsburg, PA
(570) 517-5500
bryan@nobodysellsforless.com
http://www.GrayChevroletCadillac.com

Keenan Chevrolet of Limerick
vehicle will most definitely sell for MSRP

Premium Price
Wigder Chevrolet
Livingston, NJ

no plans
Kristal Automall
Brooklyn, NY

that is what i have received thus far

Good things are worth waiting for...

Last edited by drummerstevey; 08-02-2008 at 11:30 AM.
drummerstevey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 10:18 PM   #152
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
I received promises from the Sales Manager and the Owner of this Dealer that they DO NOT and WILL NOT mark up the price of the Camaro or any other car.

Barrett Chevrolet

10419 Old Ocean City Blvd
Berlin, MD 21811
(410) 641-0444

www.mybarrett.com
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 10:47 PM   #153
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
that's a first!

any North Carolina dealers?
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 05:49 AM   #154
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Well....I will contact a "live human being" to confirm, soon..... but I'd guess that Classic Chevrolet -- in Grapevine, Texas will "meet your needs."

From what I have heard, they have "12" ZR1 allocations. One of which will be auctioned for charity. The rest have been sold AT MSRP, or lower, for previous, loyal customers.

In other words, if you want your Camaro at MSRP or better, Classic should be ONE of your choices.

Tags
arizona, arizona dealer, florida, louisiana, massachusetts, missouri msrp dealer, so cal dealers, www.camaroscotty.com