Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-19-2011, 12:20 PM   #1
Stay Marine
Still love daily drivin'

Drives: Built '10 IBM 2SS; '15 Black Z/28
PFADT Stage 3--feedback

Getting ready to invest in the suspension, and gearing towards the stage 3; anyone else out there sporting the stage 3 now that can give the 'around town' feel along with the track and/or auto x?
Old 04-19-2011, 07:24 PM   #2
fastkevman

Drives: 2011 Victory Red 1SS/RS M6
My kit was installed today and will be aligned tomorrow.
I will give driving feedback after this weekend.
I did a lot of research before deciding to go this route, my car will rarely see a track but, I do like to lay into the back road turns hard and seek out twisty roads whenever I can.
I can tell you that the parts are drop dead sexy and it's a shame they will be hidden underneath.
fastkevman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:36 AM   #3
Stay Marine
Still love daily drivin'

Awesome! Looking forward to the feedback (but not as much as driving after I get my set up!).
Semper Fi
Old 04-20-2011, 05:53 PM   #4
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Stage3 addresses most of the issues we have with the Camaro suspension with regaurds to street driving, and provides enough platform to allow for upgrades in the future. Thanks to the solid subframe mounts and the diff bushings the rear end of the car feels much more connected to the chassis than it does stock. I'm sure fastkevman will be extremely pleased with how his car turns out!

If you've got any specific questions feel free to ask away.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:24 PM   #5
Buffnshine
So Cal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '06 HHR, '70 El Camino
The car is very solid on the street, not any roughness at all and on the track it's night and day. You are going to love it
TEAM L99 - So Cal Camaro5 Race Team #27
9/5/09 Purchased #36962 Black 1SS/RS L99 "E-TCKT" Base Dyno 328hp/341tq @BBK meet
Mods to Date: Window Tint 5% & 15%, ACC P13W Lighting, Adaptive DRL Harness, Ghost Armor, Lloyds "SS" Mats, Dash Plaque, Flowmaster Outlaw Exhaust, Drake Front Bowtie Delete, Stealth 3457 Chrome/Mirror Signal Bulbs, Grant Revolutions Steering Wheel, PFADT Sport Springs, Sway Bars, End Links, Trailing Arms, 4 Wheel Alignment, Hurst Auto Shifter and Paddle Shifter, Satin Black Rear Tail Light Bezels
Buffnshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:50 PM   #6
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffnshine View Post
The car is very solid on the street, not any roughness at all and on the track it's night and day. You are going to love it
+1 The Stage 3 is an excellent all around suspension upgrade. It addresses all of the major short falls of the factory set up without being to hard core for daily driving.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:42 PM   #7
Hess Motorsports
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS with WAY TOO MANY MODS
All of the installations we have done with the Stage 3 set-up have been great. The customer feedback honestly has been nothing but rave reviews. Like Pfadt said, it takes care of most of the serious design flaws and helps in just about every way you would expect. Plus the ride isn't bad at all. Our shop car started with the Stage 3 and has sense been upgrades to EVERYTHING they make!

And from what I understand, it's about the change again once some new Pfadt Racing parts come out!
Hess Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:52 PM   #8
GRYGUSS
Winner

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS LS3
GRYGUSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:47 PM   #9
Stay Marine
Still love daily drivin'

Great feedback, thx!
You say addresses, "most" of the problems? Whats missing? Do the bushings included cover the rear cradle, too? And how significant an improvement is the strut tower brace.

I got a small taste of SCCA style racing, did pretty good and loved it. Also running 12.7s in the quarter with CAI and exhuast set up. Definitely seeking a balanced set up to improve launch and control wheel hop while firming up for autocrossing/roadracing. All this with added blower/cam/ported heads to boost the powertrain...and more rubber to grab the road.
Not seeking perfection (bit over my current price range), but definitely better grip and launch.
Am I missing any critical components beyond Stage 3?
Old 04-21-2011, 07:57 AM   #10
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Marine View Post
Great feedback, thx!
You say addresses, "most" of the problems? Whats missing? Do the bushings included cover the rear cradle, too? And how significant an improvement is the strut tower brace.

I got a small taste of SCCA style racing, did pretty good and loved it. Also running 12.7s in the quarter with CAI and exhuast set up. Definitely seeking a balanced set up to improve launch and control wheel hop while firming up for autocrossing/roadracing. All this with added blower/cam/ported heads to boost the powertrain...and more rubber to grab the road.
Not seeking perfection (bit over my current price range), but definitely better grip and launch.
Am I missing any critical components beyond Stage 3?
The Stage 3 will be more than enough for most Camaro owners needs, even those who occasionally hit the track. It does address the rear cradle and differential. Launch control and wheel hop are dramatically improved through those upgrades as well as the rear trailing arms. You might consider looking at upgrading a few other bushings if you really wanted to cover everything for a solid street/track set up; control arm, radius rod, and steering rack mounting bushings. A strut tower brace will help but this is already a very stiff chassis so it isn't a huge of a change as it is with other cars. If you are going to the auto crossing it may be worth while addition.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:49 PM   #11
Stay Marine
Still love daily drivin'

Great gouge! Thanks for the input.
Semper Fi
Old 04-22-2011, 08:14 AM   #12
Slowkray

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 IOM
I have the Pfadt stage III +. You will be more than satisfied with your choice. Just put 1800 miles on my car to and from Camaro5FestII. The car rode and handled perfectly. I also was able to be one of the lucky Camaro owners to run the Pfadt Track Assault. The car was amazing, I had no idea what these cars are capable of. Pfadt knocked this out of the park. Let us know how you like it, enjoy!
Old 05-08-2011, 02:35 PM   #13
full of days

Drives: Camaro GT
I'm also looking to upgrade to the stage 3 kit and had some questions around the typical labor and cost involved with the install. Can anyone from Pfadt PM me with the best shop in NC to perform the install?

Also, for Autox and street duty use, what wheel setup (size and make) would be best to run with the Pfadt stage 3? I'm really leaning toward the 20" GA3R Forgelines. Any other lightweight track options?

Thanks,

Post Tenebras Lux

full of days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:49 PM   #14
r1coder
Evo MR to Camaro SS

Drives: 2012 45th SS LS3
Does anyone know if the ZL Spec Stage 3 kit requires the front Endlink kit for installation on a 2012 SS LS3 Coupe?
The sway bar installation guide seems to suggest that they are required but I'm not sure if that only applies to the '10 and '11 models.
r1coder is offline   Reply With Quote