Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 07-04-2019, 03:36 PM   #309
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
I think some people were misunderstanding my feedback—it has nothing to do with throttle response. I think Mike is tracking my issue and since I’m relatively close to them, when I get back to the states, I’ll see about taking a drive out to their shop so they can experience it themselves and maybe we can test fit a few throttle bodies to see if that is indeed the issue.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 04:08 PM   #310
Warrior102

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Black
Battery disconnected as the post office is supposed to deliver it Friday according to the tracking, that is if they don't screw it up. I have about an 80% chance of receiving packages on time or at all from them, many destroyed, lost, delivered to the neighbors or forgotten on the truck and delivered the following day.
Warrior102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 08:09 PM   #311
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior102 View Post
Battery disconnected as the post office is supposed to deliver it Friday according to the tracking, that is if they don't screw it up. I have about an 80% chance of receiving packages on time or at all from them, many destroyed, lost, delivered to the neighbors or forgotten on the truck and delivered the following day.
I thought it was just my local postal workers that sucked !! I have the same exact experience with my post office. Try going in there to ask them a question or get a quote for a shipment. It’s like you’re asking them to split the atom.

Incredible !!

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 11:10 PM   #312
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
Okay, thanks. Keep us posted. Just wanted you to know that if we can do something about it, we'll be willing to go the custom TB way for you if necessary at no extra cost, that is our promise whether stock or not.

Happy 4th, everybody! ...and thanks for your replies.
Verified - did some driving this evening pulling logs, with RM turned off, just casual accelerating thru 3000rpm then shifting gears, I pull 22-26deg of timing. with RM turned on, it holds a steady 6deg or 10deg until it "clears up" and the timing returns to normal.

I am going to talk to my tuner
Old 07-05-2019, 06:54 AM   #313
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkMissile View Post
Verified - did some driving this evening pulling logs, with RM turned off, just casual accelerating thru 3000rpm then shifting gears, I pull 22-26deg of timing. with RM turned on, it holds a steady 6deg or 10deg until it "clears up" and the timing returns to normal.

I am going to talk to my tuner
A buddy of mine who had the same exact issue, spoke with another tuner and apparently, it cleared up the issue on the first tune revision. If you want, PM me and I’ll tell you who did the tune. Again, it’s another one of the popular tuners on here. Granted, you’re gonna have to pay for a retune but, my buddy has been thoroughly pleased since the switch—something I may also do when I return.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 10:15 AM   #314
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
Any updates on the 95 mm Tb's yet? I'm thinking of getting my car tuned next month, and dont want to have to pay for a retune
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 12:50 PM   #315
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
I just did the install and battery disconnect this morning. Easiest 15 minute mod ever! I’ll be doing the learn process tomorrow!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 02:55 PM   #316
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Stick Drivers....how does the PTB pull when doing sharp wide open downs shifts to 3rd or 2nd gears? Any difference over stock?
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 03:29 PM   #317
Warrior102

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Black
USPS did not disappoint, I was working outside and the truck pulled up so I naturally thought it was for me as the tracking said it was out for delivery, not so, she was dropping off with my neighbor. I told her I was expecting a package and convinced her to look and what do you know what she found...

I presently have a Tony Mamo TB on the car and it has met even exceeded my expectations, it erased the off idle inconsistencies I was having but I've been following this thread and sent in my OEM TB to be modified. I installed it this morning after an overnight disconnect, I'm not really convinced this erased anything as the seat and radio presets were retained but I continued on with the instructions. I had to cut the 4K revving short, I live by a recreational pond and I was getting looks.

I put about fifty miles on it running around back roads and it definitely does what it claims, it is presently a match with the TM unit but if it improves further with the mileage I will be thrilled. That said the TM unit refined over time so I expect this will also, I used the rev-match and it worked fine possibly even better than before. My Mamo TB is now in the classifieds as I really don't need two around, the Soler is a keeper.

Last edited by Warrior102; 07-07-2019 at 06:29 AM.
Warrior102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 05:23 PM   #318
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
Hello everyone, for a limited time we are giving away premium 3M "Soler Performance" Vinyl decals that can be applied safely to your car and are made with durability/quality in mind. This would be at no cost to you (shipping included).

If you are interested in one of these, please PM us here or via social media. Please include any social media tag name (e.g. @yourname, @solerperformance (ours), etc..). If you do not have any social media account(s), we ask to send us a picture with it on so we can feature in our website/Instagram/Facebook. More colors/letterings/styles/logos will be available in the near future for purchase or upon special request. For now, the only color available is white. LIMITED QUANTITIES and will be on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS. We will do a second round giveaway when a new batch arrives. #FeelTheDifference

(Apologies for the unwashed car, due to the high number of orders... The Soler Performace Corvette has been left unpampered. Also super excited for the giveaway and we wanted to waste no time).

Cheers,
You need to add under Soler Performance....Feel The Difference!
And make some smaller ones for the rear side window.

Like what I've read about your TB, waiting to hear more about the difference between the TMTB and yours, as well as the Rev Match issue...if it is an issue.
Old 07-06-2019, 07:20 AM   #319
MR-02

Drives: 2016 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior102 View Post
USPS did not disappoint, I was working outside and the truck pulled up so I naturally thought it was for me as the tracking said it was out for delivery, not so, she was dropping off with my neighbor. I told her I was expecting a package and convinced her to look and what do you know what she found...

I presently have a Tony Mamo TB on the car and it has met even exceeded my expectations, it erased the off idle inconsistencies I was having but I've been following this thread and sent in my OEM TB to be modified. I installed it this morning after an overnight disconnect, I'm not really convinced this erased anything as the seat and radio presets were retained but I continued on with the instructions. I had to cut the 4K revving short, I live by a recreational pond on Cape Cod on a 4th of July weekend and I was getting looks.

I put about fifty miles on it running around back roads and the national guard base and it definitely does what it claims, it is presently a match with the TM unit but if it improves further with the mileage I will be thrilled. That said the TM unit refined over time so I expect this will also, I used the rev-match and it worked fine possibly even better than before. My Mamo TB is now in the classifieds as I really don't need two around, the Soler is a keeper.
Hey warrior, I also have the mamo TB and am very pleased with it this past year-Id be interested in hearing your feedback over more of the comparison. Isn't it really just more rev hang enabling as the method to have more response on demand? What do you think?
Old 07-06-2019, 11:47 AM   #320
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Connected the battery and did the initial learn process of increasing the throttle to 4K. I did notice that there was a lull, or dead spot right at 3200-3400 rpms. The instructions says that it should be smooth with no hesitation up to 4K. I followed the directions and did this 5 times. I can’t do the street driving part until tomorrow so I’m hoping this isn’t an issue. Mike any comment?

Edit: I’m running a new AFE Carbon Fiber CAI with the blue track filter and stock tune.

Last edited by ssmike; 07-06-2019 at 02:10 PM.
Old 07-06-2019, 12:08 PM   #321
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
I am trying to convince myself that it would be worth having my Katech ported TB reworked. I know if I was going from Stock to a Soler, then heck yeah I know that would probably be a 100% improvement but my Katech is only missing the little notch work and the Katech over Stock made a tremendous improvement so wondering if any further work on it would be marginal at best as far as noticing them..
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 06:31 PM   #322
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

So I just did my first road test to get the computer learn started and I must say that I’m impressed so far! I was a little worried because of the seemingly dead spot around 3200rpm as I stated above during initial 4K learning, but I’m very pleased with its road manners! Very smooth and linear throttle delivery with no “herky jerky” action. It’s actually very weird expecting the wonky throttle action but getting nothing but smooth! Wow! It’s so smooth that I can actually now feel the engine really get happy once you get into the power band at over 3k! Hopefully by the end of the day tomorrow I’ll have the initial 50-100 mile learning curve done. So far so good!