Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-17-2014, 11:17 AM   #43
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
Yea, you don't put the car seat in the middle. There's no seat belt to lock the car seat in place in the middle. Not safe. Put it behind pass seat when alone and when with the wife/gf, use another car. No one can ride safely in the pass seat unless they're 2-3ft tall max lol

You don't need a seatbelt for the middle. Use the car seat's latch belt and the 2 hooks on each seat. Tighten down and put the baby in. The camaro is equipped with the latch system hooks. I thought all new cars kind of had to have it.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 01:38 PM   #44
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCamaro View Post
You don't need a seatbelt for the middle. Use the car seat's latch belt and the 2 hooks on each seat. Tighten down and put the baby in. The camaro is equipped with the latch system hooks. I thought all new cars kind of had to have it.
Yes. I know it's equipped with the latches. Wasn't aware you could use that as a car seat placement. I thought you had to put seatbelt in it along with latches? Maybe I'm over protective and you don't have to?

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 06:06 PM   #45
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
Lmao! Fantastic. You must post pics of her sitting in front of that car seat. That way we know. Graco will NOT allow comfortability with a passenger if it's rear facing. But we can agree on one thing. Your wife may be "comfortable." But she is NOT SAFE.
as I said, we donot have a graco seat. You might be correct about your GF and the seat you tried, but testing one person and one seat doesn't qualify you to make blanket statements about every person and every seat.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:08 PM   #46
Chevy_cowboy

Quote:
See my post above about sharing LATCH from the outboard seats.. its only legal and safe if the car and the car seat manufacture both support it, and in this case the Camaro does not. You might as well use bungee cords and strap your kid to the console. Please read the Camaro owners manual, the center position of the rear seat is not a seat.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:33 PM   #47
Suprslo

Drives: 2013 SS
Attached Images

Suprslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:49 PM   #48
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprslo View Post
Lmfao!

It's not a family car. Ppl try and use it like one but wrong tool for the job IMO. That's like using a corvette to pull a dual axle trailer. Can it be done? Sure! But not feasible.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:11 PM   #49
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:
Yes. I know it's equipped with the latches. Wasn't aware you could use that as a car seat placement. I thought you had to put seatbelt in it along with latches? Maybe I'm over protective and you don't have to?

This is on the side of my daughters car seat. I have to go out to the car to show you the sticker that says no with the latch and the belt at the same time. Tommorow if I remember.

To the other member who wrote about the center not being a seat, I did not know that. My apologies. I know that in all other cars they claim the center is the safest place for the car seat to prevent from side impacts. I guess I never realized that there wasn't a belt back there lol
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:40 PM   #50
Chevy_cowboy

Quote:

This is on the side of my daughters car seat. I have to go out to the car to show you the sticker that says no with the latch and the belt at the same time. Tommorow if I remember.

To the other member who wrote about the center not being a seat, I did not know that. My apologies. I know that in all other cars they claim the center is the safest place for the car seat to prevent from side impacts. I guess I never realized that there wasn't a belt back there lol

Right, the center position is the safest in most accidents If BOTH the car and the car seat are equipped for it. Shared latch is supported by some carseats, but not all... And many cars don't support it. In those cases, your best bet is the passenger side seat.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:56 PM   #51
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
of course you can fit a car seat in. weather or not the person in the car seat, or the person in the front seat will be comfortable is another story. what's possible, and whats good are entirely different things.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 03:07 PM   #52
scuba264

Drives: Manual 2011 CGM LS
Quote:
It is actually recommended in the instructions to only use one or the other, not both. Latch is designed to do its job, that how I've always used it and it works great.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:58 AM   #53
AlabamaDuramax

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2008 CCSB Z71 Silverado
We have a recaro car seat. It's designed for sports cars. It has a smaller foot print that gives you more room and doesn't sacrifice safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AlabamaDuramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 10:59 PM   #54
InfernoOrangeSS
VERITAS AEQUITAS

Drives: 2012 IOM SS
Thank you to all for the suggestions, comments, and help. Car seat does indeed fit. As stated, it's not the best set-up, but for us it has to work for now.
Thank you again to all who added their insight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Happiness is an IOM Camaro...
InfernoOrangeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 11:09 PM   #55
Tricksta

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoOrangeSS View Post
Thank you to all for the suggestions, comments, and help. Car seat does indeed fit. As stated, it's not the best set-up, but for us it has to work for now.
Thank you again to all who added their insight!
my son likes to kick the back of the seat if it isn't up far enough lol, just a tip.
Old 12-19-2014, 11:17 PM   #56
zxchth

Drives: ford
Thanks. It will have to be able to fit with my wife in the passenger seat. Having the seat pushed forward shouldn't be a problem, as she's done this when we've had passengers in the back seat.
zxchth is offline   Reply With Quote