Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-20-2012, 11:22 PM   #113
Sweet Zness
Because I Can

Drives: 08 IOM G8GT 11 Victory Red SS
Ok so 12.04 with slicks and minor tweaks? So its still established that the Z is about a 12.5 second car off the showroom floor? Or not?
Sweet Zness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:42 PM   #114
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanokpsi View Post
HPE ran a 12.6 on stock tires. They ran a 12.11 on 20" drag radials. This car ran a 12.04 on drag radials.

I don't see much of a difference there bud
please point out where he said slicks. because I read the thread up till my post and just read every post after. and I don't see slicks as being quoted.

the question was asked about stock times. and the reply was simple. 12.04. so please find me the drag radials.

you are also the one that claimed it must have been pulleyed as well. and you were corrected on that. if I'm not over looking it. then one can come to the conclusion that you want the ZL1 to fail.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:32 AM   #115
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
I saw a new set of headers....Can't wait to find out what brand you fitted the car with. Also heard a new Cam maybe???
Old 04-21-2012, 05:18 AM   #116
Uneducated Guess
'12 ZL1 #742

Drives: his wife crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports View Post
Thanks for pointing that out it was driving me nuts... Been a long couple days.

Thanks for posting it
My pleasure. Looking forward to the article.
Uneducated Guess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:45 AM   #117
Redline Motorsports

Drives: Several...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Behan View Post
Great job Howard, enjoy the "expert" comments of the internet!

Graham.
Lol. Yep definately makes for good entertainment. We are having fun with it.

Howard
Redline Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:51 AM   #118
Redline Motorsports

Looks like Monday is the earliest we can squeeze it at the track. If we get a pocket of dry weather tomorrow they might let us in....
Old 04-21-2012, 10:25 AM   #119
69 Rebel

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports View Post
Car is in trailer and we where suppose to run it tonight but it's raining like crazy!

Just got a green light to run it up in morning if this front clears out.

Cant leak too much because of the article... Sucks but it makes this fun
I meant the numbers from the dyno video. Did i miss them?

Can't wait for the article looks real interesting.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100385

Version II
416ci stroker/4L80e
701rwhp 750rwtq
build and tuned by
SPI-Performance
69 Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:40 AM   #120
Redline Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 Rebel View Post
I meant the numbers from the dyno video. Did i miss them?

Can't wait for the article looks real interesting.
After we run it I can post the numbers.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:08 AM   #121
obzidian

Drives: 98 camaro turbo
Unfortunately, the weather down here this weekend sucks big time... hopefully Monday will be a good day however the humidity might be counter productive.

Honestly, its understandable as the magazine is trying to sell mags! The 5.0 became a huge deal for the ford mags so again... we can all wait a few.

Quick? : are you quys seeing any KR with stock timing? My bro's SS was pretty bad in stock trim... anywhere from 3-5*'s throughout the powerband... even cruising.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:00 PM   #122
nanokpsi

Drives: Ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
please point out where he said slicks. because I read the thread up till my post and just read every post after. and I don't see slicks as being quoted.

the question was asked about stock times. and the reply was simple. 12.04. so please find me the drag radials.

you are also the one that claimed it must have been pulleyed as well. and you were corrected on that. if I'm not over looking it. then one can come to the conclusion that you want the ZL1 to fail.
No I am being observant and realistic. I would think tires alone would be worth at least two tenths in the quarter. Sounds fair, right? Hennessey picked up four tenths with tires. Since this car picked up a little more than 3 tenths from the bone stock run, I figured the 50whp from the intake and tune would be worth more than one tenth in the quarter Sounds logical to me, but I know logic is in short supply sometimes.
nanokpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:27 PM   #123
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
No I am being observant and realistic. I would think tires alone would be worth at least two tenths in the quarter. Sounds fair, right? Hennessey picked up four tenths with tires. Since this car picked up a little more than 3 tenths from the bone stock run, I figured the 50whp from the intake and tune would be worth more than one tenth in the quarter Sounds logical to me, but I know logic is in short supply sometimes.
so you're taking passes from two different days and locations to justify them using slicks? sorry if they were the same day, same location and same car I could believe you as being correct. but your logic is faulty.

look a car that runs 12.04 today. could run 12.3 the next day due to weather and track prep. Also if you run at 1 pm and get a 12.3. by 8 pm you could be faster. logic dictates different days and locations you can't compare exactly as you have.

When I use to race (98 z28). I could tell you when the track was prepped good and which lane got prepped better. my 60's were down and my ET's were down. I ran street tires. and on bad days I'd run in the 13's. on good days I could hit 12.5's. But I'd generally hang out in the 12.6's.

why is it so hard to believe that they ran stock everything and got that 12.04? Every dog has it's day. maybe the stars aligned and they showed what the car was capable of. maybe the stars just weren't so misaligned (HPE) that they ran a magazine time.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:32 PM   #124
cam346
CAM346

Drives: 99 t/a
nice veido but edit out the music i like to here the car going dowm
cam346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:54 PM   #125
nanokpsi

Drives: Ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
so you're taking passes from two different days and locations to justify them using slicks? sorry if they were the same day, same location and same car I could believe you as being correct. but your logic is faulty.

look a car that runs 12.04 today. could run 12.3 the next day due to weather and track prep. Also if you run at 1 pm and get a 12.3. by 8 pm you could be faster. logic dictates different days and locations you can't compare exactly as you have.

When I use to race (98 z28). I could tell you when the track was prepped good and which lane got prepped better. my 60's were down and my ET's were down. I ran street tires. and on bad days I'd run in the 13's. on good days I could hit 12.5's. But I'd generally hang out in the 12.6's.

why is it so hard to believe that they ran stock everything and got that 12.04? Every dog has it's day. maybe the stars aligned and they showed what the car was capable of. maybe the stars just weren't so misaligned (HPE) that they ran a magazine time.

I am assuming all runs were the same day. That would make the most sense since it was being done for a magazine article. As you mention, the conditions can vary greatly from day to day it could skew data from small changes. We won't know untilled the article is out, but it makes sense to me that they altered the tune on the Dino, bolted on some drag radials ((I never mentioned slicks) and hit the strip. It is simple to change the intake and flash the computer in the pits.
nanokpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:06 PM   #126
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Quote:

I am assuming all runs were the same day. That would make the most sense since it was being done for a magazine article. As you mention, the conditions can vary greatly from day to day it could skew data from small changes. We won't know untilled the article is out, but it makes sense to me that they altered the tune on the Dyno, bolted on some drag radials ((I never mentioned slicks) and hit the strip. It is simple to change the intake and flash the computer in the pits.

you know what ASSuming does? They said stock run. so if they altered the tune before the stock run. then it wouldn't be a stock run. We will see when the article comes out. but they could have taken the car up there fully stock after the baseline dyno pull and had tweeked the tune and saved it on the computer with out uploading it to the car. then once swapping intakes at the track and possible tires, they uploaded the tune. which then we wouldn't know what the intake made on the dyno. so going to have to say that the stock pass and the intake pass were on different days.

when asked about stock times I don't think adding drag radials counts as stock. stock is as off the showroom floor. and i can ASSume that Redline would think the same thing.