Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-22-2014, 02:12 PM   #1331
bigrobkc

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416687066.972495.jpg
Views: 997
Size:  369.1 KBso is the only thing we need to upgrade is the Russia region upgrade or do we also need to upgrade the 2nd link for the 3G and 4g modem?

bnorman what did you need to do to get I go working again? Just trying to anticipate any issues before I start.
bigrobkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 02:34 PM   #1332
bnorman

Drives: 2015 1SS
I did not do the Russian region upgrade. I did the latest android 4.0.3 Russian upgrade
bnorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 02:37 PM   #1333
bnorman

As for iGo. I have moved a copy to my sdcard. Uninstall through settings, factory setting menu make iGo external. Power down and back on then install the apk from the sdcard.
Old 11-23-2014, 04:37 PM   #1334
bnorman

Just FYI, today when starting my car after about 5 minutes driving I get alerts on my DIC for ABS, Brake Light and Traction Control. All went off at the same time. I shut it down, restarted and continued...but didn't feel any difference.

Drove it home, and noticed Torque would not connect with the OBDII Adapter that Lim sent (I have used it for more than 6 months without issue). It worked earlier in the day.

I had a spare and plugged it in, set it up and no problems since. Anyone have anything like this, being the OBDII Adpater or warning lights. I am pretty confident it was the adapter going bad. Below is the new(black) and old(white).
Attached Images

Old 11-24-2014, 12:38 PM   #1335
19car69

Drives: 2012 1LS
I have two different OBDII readers and both work perfect. Neither is from Lim though.
2012 1LS, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Apex scoop, Apex water bottle relocation, VMax Ported TB, Vitesse Throttle Controller, BMR Sway bars, BMR 1.2" drop springs, Koni rear shocks, Elite catch can, Solo Performance V6 Mach X-LFX Cat-Back Exhaust, Hex Vents, 1LE strut tower brace, Barton short throw, separate clutch reservoir, American Racing TORQ THRUST M 18X9, HiTS radio with reverse camera, GM Blade Dovetail spoiler, 2010 leather wrap steering wheel, vented engine cover, added Homelink to overhead console.
19car69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 12:44 AM   #1336
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I bought this unit from a member here had it installed tonight. Thanks to Brian(bnorman) for the help.

Ran into a lot of issues. Radio volume is way too loud. I have a BA system, instructions earlier in the post stated RCA connectors looks like the member modified that particular harness, but didnt have RCA connectors on it. Getting sound from it, but not sure having the RCA connectors is causing the issue. Anyone with a BA system can chime in?

Screen calibration is way off. I literally have to press the next number or letter to the right for the correct one.

Still need some spacers we used some nuts for now still have to take it apart to get the Shark Antenna hooked up. Does anyone know the correct size spacers?

Also does Radio Shack sell the RCA connectors?

I like the unit like others have said a lot of potential and its going to take me some time to get used to it. I'll be adding a backup camera next weekend as well.

bnorman said to do the new update. Gonna try that to see if it works correctly.
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 10:41 PM   #1337
Gelugon

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYouOne View Post
I bought this unit from a member here had it installed tonight. Thanks to Brian(bnorman) for the help.

Ran into a lot of issues. Radio volume is way too loud. I have a BA system, instructions earlier in the post stated RCA connectors looks like the member modified that particular harness, but didnt have RCA connectors on it. Getting sound from it, but not sure having the RCA connectors is causing the issue. Anyone with a BA system can chime in?

Screen calibration is way off. I literally have to press the next number or letter to the right for the correct one.

Still need some spacers we used some nuts for now still have to take it apart to get the Shark Antenna hooked up. Does anyone know the correct size spacers?

Also does Radio Shack sell the RCA connectors?

I like the unit like others have said a lot of potential and its going to take me some time to get used to it. I'll be adding a backup camera next weekend as well.

bnorman said to do the new update. Gonna try that to see if it works correctly.

For your sound issue check the volume level on the radio (in the andrriod settings) at one time mine was turned all the way down and I had no sound. When i turned it up, I turned it up too much and it loud and distorted. I dont think your sound quality isssue is related to having a BA system.

Gelugon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 03:00 PM   #1338
a.morblu

Drives: 2011 Sinister SS
Does anyone know of a state side distributor for these? I honestly just want the bezel...
Old 02-04-2015, 05:23 AM   #1339
Jett

Drives: 2012 Camaro v6
Anyone buy one of these recently? It looks like he's selling updated ones with 1gb of memory. Wondering if his newer models still having the same problems stated in this thread.
Jett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 02:37 PM   #1340
GetYouOne

I will be selling mine shortly. Upgraded to a AVIC 8000NEX
Old 02-05-2015, 02:18 AM   #1341
Yippee38

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS, '02 SOM Firehawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYouOne View Post
I will be selling mine shortly. Upgraded to a AVIC 8000NEX
I've decided to go that route also. Prices are coming down a bit now that the 8100NEX has been announced.
Old 02-05-2015, 02:43 AM   #1342
GetYouOne

The android unit has been great for me everything works. Sometimes it doesnt turn on, but take the key out and back in starts right up. Happens once a month if that. I havent played with the Navigation didnt have time to set it up, but I have all the parts here I will include with the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippee38 View Post
I've decided to go that route also. Prices are coming down a bit now that the 8100NEX has been announced.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:46 PM   #1343
horizon670

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT / RS / Auto
I've just installed my new Android Unit:

1GB / 8GB / 1024x600 / Android 4.0.3
Rear + Front Camera + USB Logitech WebCam
3G Modem / Phone
Bluetooth and OBD2 plug ( Unit comes with Torque Pro pre-installed )

My first impression: Wow ! it looks OEM: The buttons / the AC controls / power door locks, everything....
I am very satisfied with the overall quality / options / fit....

Before going into the details, let's not forget this is a unit built by I presume a small company in China and I must say they did a really good job !

I have the Boston Acoustics Amp so I also had the problem of over amplified sound, I sent him and email, he replied suggesting to change the MCU setting in the Factory Setting, it did change the High volume but I can still feel a boomy sound even at the very first level, even with no Bass on the EQ. Should I simply follow the RCA / wires mod suggested earlier in this Thread ?

The Cameras he sent were too big so I went and bought a smaller round and angled Camera, something that looks more OEM for the rear. I will upload a picture of it later.

The USB WebCam does not seem to work, when I click the Find button, the system hangs and restarts. Any suggestion or trick to make this work ?

I've only used it for the past 3 days but overall, I'm very Happy with it so far.

Feel free to ask questions or need to know any details....
horizon670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 01:34 PM   #1344
GetYouOne

I had the same issue with the bass level. Def do the RCA/wires mod.

Its a great unit for the money no doubt. Wish it fit more into my interior plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon670 View Post
I've just installed my new Android Unit:

1GB / 8GB / 1024x600 / Android 4.0.3
Rear + Front Camera + USB Logitech WebCam
3G Modem / Phone
Bluetooth and OBD2 plug ( Unit comes with Torque Pro pre-installed )

My first impression: Wow ! it looks OEM: The buttons / the AC controls / power door locks, everything....
I am very satisfied with the overall quality / options / fit....

Before going into the details, let's not forget this is a unit built by I presume a small company in China and I must say they did a really good job !

I have the Boston Acoustics Amp so I also had the problem of over amplified sound, I sent him and email, he replied suggesting to change the MCU setting in the Factory Setting, it did change the High volume but I can still feel a boomy sound even at the very first level, even with no Bass on the EQ. Should I simply follow the RCA / wires mod suggested earlier in this Thread ?

The Cameras he sent were too big so I went and bought a smaller round and angled Camera, something that looks more OEM for the rear. I will upload a picture of it later.

The USB WebCam does not seem to work, when I click the Find button, the system hangs and restarts. Any suggestion or trick to make this work ?

I've only used it for the past 3 days but overall, I'm very Happy with it so far.

Feel free to ask questions or need to know any details....