Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-23-2008, 11:32 PM   #57
Cubanaso
Follower of CHRIST!

Drives: 2005 Mazda RX8
There is a long list of deal breakers for me (I research too much, I have a problem....lol) but price and final EPA are one of the majors.

Call me crazy, but it's a Camaro right...not a Vette, so losing focus on the heritage of the very reason why this car was ever created is a MISTAKE. What do I mean, an affordable V8 coupe.

Maybe I'm nuts, but 28K to start for a V8 6spd.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:59 AM   #58
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Realistically? Price. Easy as that.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:08 PM   #59
Georgianne

Drives: chevys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
Mine was fully loaded except for some optional wheels i think and it was 29,300. I didn't pay that though, i got the X-Plan price(and 0% financing!). Hopefully I'll be able to get GM's version of the X-Plan for Camaro. I may have to wait until 2011 though...
What is an x-plan?
Georgianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:19 PM   #60
Bocephus

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT, Kona, BBP, 3.73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianne View Post
What is an x-plan?
http://www.ford.com/purchasing-optio...ghbors-program

I think GM has a similar program and I can get them both through my employer since we deal with them both.
Bocephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:48 PM   #61
Georgianne

Quote:

I think GM has a similar program and I can get them both through my employer since we deal with them both.
I've never heard of it. I will look into it for the Camaro though.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:22 PM   #62
kinyu

Drives: POS
I have also been considering the 370z. Although we will not see it officially until the LA auto show, a couple spy shots have come out, and the 370z is a pretty good looking car, plus it's supposed to be a couple hundred lbs lighter than the current 350z, and its HP bumped to 330-350. So, a 6cyl car with ~340hp and just a little over 3,000lbs seems pretty nice.
Although I have had an ls1 SS and ws6, I'm starting to feel my attitude shift towards smaller, better handling cars. And before everyone jumps down my throat that the SS will be a great handling car, it did only beat the much cheaper cobalt by 2 seconds on the Nurburgring.
So all that being said:
<35k for the top all the bells and whistles SS = buy
>35K = Buy 370z or possibly used c6
kinyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:33 PM   #63
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
$28,000 MSRP for the standard V8 SS.. That is what I'll get.. Halo's and darker rear lights along with some interior enhancments and the Boston Acoustics stereo system would be the only extra's I could think of and hopefully those aren't an arm and a leg.. I would prefer just having the option to order the halo's as the only extra and perhaps the BA system as well..

BTW kinyu, the SS will be a great handling car And be able to beat the 370Z in a 0-60 as well by at least .3 ..
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:46 PM   #64
kinyu

Drives: POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post

BTW kinyu, the SS will be a great handling car And be able to beat the 370Z in a 0-60 as well by at least .3 ..
No doubt! Don't get me wrong, the camaro is one of the best cars to come out in the last 10 years, but I rarely go to the track, so fractions of seconds aren't a big deal (whole seconds are), but being able to park in tight places and weave through traffic is. The camaro quality will help me make up my mind. While I loved my SS and ws6, the interior quality was junk. The pictures of this new interior look nice, but I've been fooled by pictures before.
kinyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:20 PM   #65
rmyers

Drives: Both American Made
For me there is no deal breaker on my first, but may be one for my second. I have every intention on placing and order for a V6 RS for my wife as soon as I can place an order. Depending on what is announced for later in 2009 or early 2010, I will either have a second kick a.. Camaro capable of running 12.00 sec qtr. mile with 0-60 in 4.0 seconds or less, whether it be a factory Z-28, COPO, or special order dealer installed optioned car. Otherwise I will be purchasing a CTS-V, Z06, or GT-R.

Put me down for at least 1, that can hopefully be delivered as a surprise for my wife's birthday in late April.

Ron
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:03 AM   #66
Georgianne

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyers View Post
For me there is no deal breaker on my first, but may be one for my second. I have every intention on placing and order for a V6 RS for my wife as soon as I can place an order. Depending on what is announced for later in 2009 or early 2010, I will either have a second kick a.. Camaro capable of running 12.00 sec qtr. mile with 0-60 in 4.0 seconds or less, whether it be a factory Z-28, COPO, or special order dealer installed optioned car. Otherwise I will be purchasing a CTS-V, Z06, or GT-R.

Put me down for at least 1, that can hopefully be delivered as a surprise for my wife's birthday in late April.

Ron
Can I be your wife?
Old 07-25-2008, 09:27 AM   #67
Design1stCode2nd

Drives: four wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Don’t be too sure of that. I expect 340-350hp and barely over 3,000lbs. I don’t think 70-80hp more is going to move 800+lbs more any faster. Keep in mind a BMW 135i with a “rated” 300hp (probably 325) runs 4.7 0-60 and is 3,300-3,400 lbs. The new Z will be a great car, I’d consider it except I need more than two seats.
Design1stCode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:13 AM   #68
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Hopefully we get some good tests out of some good magazines who have people who know how to drive. I can't wait!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:56 AM   #69
scotchsride09
It's STARSCREAM!!!

Drives: 2003 Nissan Frontier S/C DR
Quote:

From that page:

"Friends and neighbors wishing to participate in the X-Plan may not discuss a retail purchase of a vehicle with a dealer prior to applying for an X-Plan."

Huh???

I know GM's program might be similar but not the same but still... it makes me wonder... if you can't talk to a dealer about it, how can you order the car?

Right now it's an '03 Nissan Frontier Supercharged Desert Runner I call Starscream.

On order is a 1SS/ RS IBM with Black Rally Stripes, Beige Interior, manual transmission and a sunroof! Oh, and a stereo upgrade too! Ordered from CamaroScotty in WI. How will I get my baby home?
scotchsride09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 03:33 PM   #70
Bocephus

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT, Kona, BBP, 3.73
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchsride09 View Post
From that page:

"Friends and neighbors wishing to participate in the X-Plan may not discuss a retail purchase of a vehicle with a dealer prior to applying for an X-Plan."

Huh???

I know GM's program might be similar but not the same but still... it makes me wonder... if you can't talk to a dealer about it, how can you order the car?
I just went to the dealership with my code and they knocked off around $1500 on my 05 V6 and $2000 off my 06 GT. I guess you have to get the code first and then go to the dealership.
Bocephus is offline   Reply With Quote