Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-29-2008, 05:10 PM   #1
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
There's got to be something more to this police story.

http://www.ky3.com/home/video/25829234.html

Do you believe this? It's VERY messed up.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:17 PM   #2
baileyrx

Drives: 2003 g35
jeez, talk about incomplete details...
baileyrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:12 PM   #3
diddiyo

Drives: .
I guess they're giving away prizes at the local police stations to cops who come up with the most ridiculous arrests.

I'm sure you've seen the video about the cop slamming into a cyclist in NYC? Or here another one, a bunch of cops who arrested a guy because he was taking pictures in a public place. or what about the guy that got tasered at the University of Florida a while ago?!

Some cops apparently think they have the right to do whatever they want because they're wearing a badge. And that's a MAJOR problem in my opinion. Just take a look at what the father of the cop who smashed the biker said: "You gotta do what you gotta do to make an arrest." An arrest for what, riding a bike on the street? Idiot.
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:23 PM   #4
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

This isn't meant to be a bash cops thread. I'm just asking what you guys think about the video. Do you think there was something else involved or do you think that the cops were jerks in this case.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:33 PM   #5
BumbleBee
Yes, I am a girl

Drives: 2006 Pontiac Vibe
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddiyo View Post
I guess they're giving away prizes at the local police stations to cops who come up with the most ridiculous arrests.
Or, how many time they can taser one suspect. This whole story is messed up.

Quote:
or what about the guy that got tasered at the University of Florida a while ago?!
No, he needed it, some people don't know when to shut up.

...second to none
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:49 PM   #6
skipj3
Go Gators Baby!!!

Drives: '11 2SS M6
the press never reports whole story

The Department of Redundancy Department
skipj3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:37 PM   #7
diddiyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
This isn't meant to be a bash cops thread.
that's totally not my intention.

all i'm saying is whenever there is some crazy arrest, the cops come up with the most ridiculous stuff. "The cop claimed Long deliberately drove his bike into him, sending both of them falling to the ground." how can anyone in their right mind say the guy drove his bike into the cop?! have you seen the video? lol.

and the story about the kid is even more ridiculous.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:42 AM   #8
Bumble Bee '77
AutoBot Scout

Drives: 2002 ZRS Camaro
Something very similar but with much worse results happend here in 2005....

The group of strong young men strained to lift the gray casket from the back of a shiny hearse and into St. George Antiochian Orthodox Christian Church.

It was a burden too heavy for men so young to bear.

Covered with white gladiolas, stargazer lilies and red roses, the casket contained the badly burned body of Fouad Kaady, 27, shot and killed by police on Thursday, Sept. 8. 2005

Kaady, who graduated from Gresham High School in 1996, was “taken suddenly, unexpectedly and apparently unjustly,” said Father Alban West to the crowd of approximately 300 gathered for the man’s standing-room-only funeral service at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 13.

The Story:

Police and Kaady’s family differ on the events that led up to the shooting.

Detective Jim Strovink, Clackamas County Sheriff’s spokesman, said deputies responded to a reported hit-and-run accident in the 13000 block of Southeast Bluff Road at 1:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 8.

On Thursday afternoon, her brother’s truck ran out of gas, Andrea said. Dressed in his trademark shorts and little else, he rummaged around in his truck for his cellular phone, but discovered he’d left it at home.

Kaady was driving his mother’s car from his parent’s Sandy duplex to his truck when his cigarette ignited the gasoline can in the vehicle, Andrea said.

As the car and its driver caught on fire, “he was trying to put himself out” when the vehicle collided with another car, Andrea said. Then Kaady crashed into a second vehicle. A head injury sustained during the second crash explains his erratic behavior, Andrea said, adding that he didn’t use drugs and was against the use of weapons.

Burned, bloody and naked, the man reportedly kicked another man who offered assistance. He reportedly jumped on a woman’s car, beat her sunroof and ran down Southeast 362nd Avenue near Bluff Road.

Sandy Police Officer Williams J. Bergin and Clackamas County Sheriff’s Deputy David. E. Willard repeatedly used Tasers on the man that Strovink described as “combative and totally unresponsive to the audible law enforcement commands to comply.”

Tasers deliver 50,000 volts of electricity through two barbs, but reportedly had no effect. Officers reported that Kaady was “out of control” and at one point was on top of the patrol vehicle.

Both officers shot at Kaady. He died of multiple gunshot wounds at the scene.
Bumble Bee '77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 02:21 AM   #9
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
http://www.ky3.com/home/video/25829234.html

Do you believe this? It's VERY messed up.
It does sound messed up. Sounds like A FEW stories are out of whack. Did you notice the story left out how he got from on top of the overpass to the lower level? Or, was that the parents who left that part out........ Notice how it says mom and dad called because she was afraid he was going to get hit and looked agitated?? This, to me, sounds like son was in the car with mom and dad and got out on the overpass walking. This...prompted the call to the police. But, what happened before the police got there? Mom and dad were the last ones to see him on the overpass. Then, police see him at the bottom of the overpass with A BROKEN ANKLE AND BACK (indicative of a fall where he possibly tries to land on his feet breaking the ankle and back) which they didn't know he had at the time. So...what happened to the story? Did the hospital do any drug testing on the boy to see if he was high on anything? ....mmmm, wait...hippa. Can't release those drug results just yet....especially on a minor. Maybe he jumped to try to commit suicide. Maybe mom and dad drove off leaving him on the over pass and police tazed him up there making him fall? Nah...mom and dad just wouldn't leave a son like that. That wouldn't be parent like.

But, moving along. 19 times getting stunned. That...., could be a problem. Didn't respond to an order while lying on the ground, he's yelling he's going to kill you, you stun him. OK. Nothing happens. You believe drug usage could be a factor now. OK. Stunning usually doesn't work too well w/ someone super high on drugs. In some cases, it doesn't work at all...don't ask me why....I just don't konw. But, 19 times??? mmmmm....that doesn't bode too well for the officers. If after a couple times, it doesn't work....and you don't see a weapon in his hand....and he ISN'T moving.....maybe there's a reason.

So....Yes. I do believe there are a few things wrong w/ this one.

All this....just my personal opinion based on the article presented.
Quote:

I'm sure you've seen the video about the cop slamming into a cyclist in NYC? Or here another one, a bunch of cops who arrested a guy because he was taking pictures in a public place. or what about the guy that got tasered at the University of Florida a while ago?!

Some cops apparently think they have the right to do whatever they want because they're wearing a badge. And that's a MAJOR problem in my opinion. Just take a look at what the father of the cop who smashed the biker said: "You gotta do what you gotta do to make an arrest." An arrest for what, riding a bike on the street? Idiot.
Let's try not to get into cop bashing here. I realize that there will always be some people who just despise everything the police try to do. Why? I don't know....because they don't like rules? Tough. It's called life. It's called laws. You follow them or pay a price (whether monetarily or by serving time). We are the ones that have to go to work everyday wearing bullet proof vests because we have that badge on our chest which is essentially a target from some of the baddest, craziest, evil people in the world. We run to the problem when others run away....period. Do you have any idea what that takes??? I'd like to see how OTHERS react in situations when THEY are the ones that have to deal with the IMMEDIATE problem. And NO....RUNNING AWAY IS NOT ACCEPTABLE AND NOT AN OPTION. Please...in the heat of the moment, I want to know what you'd do.

I understand that there have been, are currently, and will be situations in the future where things happen that shouldn't. I'll agree 100% on that and will always stand for doing the right thing. I took that oath and will abide by it for life....because that's what I believe in. But, those others....they are found and dealt with. Two of my classmates arrested for theft and one for evading in a vehicle after attempting to be stopped by county officers for stealing.....wait for it.....patio chairs at a bar (when they were drunk). Another one of my classmates was arrested for attempting to pick up a prostitute (which happened to be an officer). It happens, folks. But don't cut down an entire orchird just because of one bad apple. We do our best to catch them before they get on the department, but a rare few do get by.

diddyo....don't take offense to this post as it wasn't directed AT you. It was spurred by numerous comments I've had over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipj3 View Post
You got THAT right! I'd LOVE to give an example that happened on Sat, but can't due to being on the call and having witnessed "the find" that newspapers never said happened. Incredible...........
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 02:33 AM   #10
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Was wondering when you'd make an appearance. I hate cases like these though. There are hilarious ones like Officer Riverie and the skateboarders in Washington I believe. That's just comical to watch how moronic the guy is.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:34 AM   #11
Bumble Bee '77
AutoBot Scout

Drives: 2002 ZRS Camaro
And by all means TAG I know I give ya a hard time for being a cop, but know this ... I respect all law enforcement and beleive the majority of police are good people, but my story hits close to home, literally. this took place about a mile from my house and the police out in Gresham and Sandy are known for "Extreme" action.The worst part about that story is they shot him to death 28 seconds after they got to the scene but the story they told in court would have taken well over 15 -20 minutes. That boy never had a chance. In recent years it appears most of the police in the surrounding metro area are Officers that were trained in LA and it seems that a lot have brought the LA attitude with them.
Bumble Bee '77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:29 AM   #12
diddiyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
diddyo....don't take offense to this post as it wasn't directed AT you. It was spurred by numerous comments I've had over the years.
no offense taken and like I said, I don't wanna bash cops in general. I'm happy there's cops around that watch out for our safety.
But whenever I read or see stuff like those things mentioned here in this thread I can't help but wonder WTF is wrong with those people.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:40 AM   #13
swazworth
the nerd king

Drives: 2005 scion xb...
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipj3 View Post

you can say that again. one of my good friends (for 15 years) is a cop, and i'm always asking him for the rest of the story. the press never seems to tell you the "little" details of the story, that make you say "wow, that guy was an idiot."
swazworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:09 AM   #14
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I realize that there will always be some people who just despise everything the police try to do. Why? I don't know....because they don't like rules? Tough. It's called life. It's called laws. You follow them or pay a price (whether monetarily or by serving time). We are the ones that have to go to work everyday wearing bullet proof vests because we have that badge on our chest which is essentially a target from some of the baddest, craziest, evil people in the world. We run to the problem when others run away....period. Do you have any idea what that takes??? I'd like to see how OTHERS react in situations when THEY are the ones that have to deal with the IMMEDIATE problem. And NO....RUNNING AWAY IS NOT ACCEPTABLE AND NOT AN OPTION. Please...in the heat of the moment, I want to know what you'd do.
You know, not everyone that has a problem with the police has it because they don't like rules. Some people have unjustly lost loved ones because of the police. And then to have some judge acquit the officers who are charged is a slap in the face to the surviving family. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24305660/ So, not everyone fits into this category of "rule-haters".

And not everybody runs from an immediate problem. Lots of people have and know how to use hand guns for home or personal protection. I for one wouldn't hesitate to shoot an intruder in my home for example; and there's a lot of people who feel the same. Not everybody runs and hides.

As far as this kid Mace Hutchinson, we'll just have to wait and hear his side.
Eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote