Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-31-2014, 07:55 PM   #1
Gee
Silver Ice

Drives: 2011 1LT Coupe SIM
"Free Flow Cats" Or "High Flow Cats"

Warning: This is a rant with a serious question at the end..

I called an exhaust shop here in MA. Lets call them Poo's Custom Exhaust in Medford MA. First off. I try not to judge because i dont know peoples circumstances, but right off the bat, this guy was a jerk. He answered the phone after me calling (for the very first time) and letting it ring for about 45 seconds, "WHAT DO YOU NEED??!!" His voice reminded me of lets say, Joe Pesci's even more brooklynite cousin. I literally looked down at my phone to make sure i dialed a business and not a dive bar. Very flustered and confused I said, "exhaust shop?". "Yes, obviously what do you want?". I proceeded to tell him about how I need my high flow ca.... "THERES NO SUCH THING, ITS FREE FLOW" (No joke this dudes screaming at me lol) "Ummm, heh, ok, well my cats are rattling against the socket of the Long tube headers and the ball of the high flow ca......" "Ok GUY, ITS FREE FL...." I cut him off cause im annoyed as hell now" I DONT GIVE A F&*K, WHAT you want to call them, you d!%K, ill be going to Lous exhaust in medford, thanks for making my shop decision easy!" and hung up. He proceeded to call me back and leave angry voice mails about how he has excellent customer service. LMAO.......

Anyways my question is. What do you call them? "Free flow Cats" or High Flow cats"? I dont personally care. But this guy was peeved at the term "high flow". Maybe he was menstruating? :/
Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:13 PM   #2
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
High Flow. That's what everyone calls them as far as I know...
Old 10-31-2014, 09:30 PM   #3
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee View Post
Warning: This is a rant with a serious question at the end..

I called an exhaust shop here in MA. Lets call them Poo's Custom Exhaust in Medford MA. First off. I try not to judge because i dont know peoples circumstances, but right off the bat, this guy was a jerk. He answered the phone after me calling (for the very first time) and letting it ring for about 45 seconds, "WHAT DO YOU NEED??!!" His voice reminded me of lets say, Joe Pesci's even more brooklynite cousin. I literally looked down at my phone to make sure i dialed a business and not a dive bar. Very flustered and confused I said, "exhaust shop?". "Yes, obviously what do you want?". I proceeded to tell him about how I need my high flow ca.... "THERES NO SUCH THING, ITS FREE FLOW" (No joke this dudes screaming at me lol) "Ummm, heh, ok, well my cats are rattling against the socket of the Long tube headers and the ball of the high flow ca......" "Ok GUY, ITS FREE FL...." I cut him off cause im annoyed as hell now" I DONT GIVE A F&*K, WHAT you want to call them, you d!%K, ill be going to Lous exhaust in medford, thanks for making my shop decision easy!" and hung up. He proceeded to call me back and leave angry voice mails about how he has excellent customer service. LMAO.......

Anyways my question is. What do you call them? "Free flow Cats" or High Flow cats"? I dont personally care. But this guy was peeved at the term "high flow". Maybe he was menstruating? :/
Just go to Slowhawk Performance for this kind of thing, forget local shops.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:55 PM   #4
Gee
Silver Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post
Just go to Slowhawk Performance for this kind of thing, forget local shops.
Totally agree. This call was about a week ago. I was told by slowhawk here on the forums to come on by to get this taken care of a few days ago. Thank god I dont have to deal with people like that anymore.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:27 AM   #5
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Lol !! As I'm reading ya post I'm thinking Jerky Boys. Lol !! What a d$ck !! Don't worry about that fool I'm sure by next week he'll be out of business. With his "excellent customer service". Some people live in denial . SMH !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-01-2014, 06:48 AM   #6
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 07:25 AM   #7
Fred 6528

Drives: 2011 ss
With his customer service skills he doesn't deserve your business.
Fred 6528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 08:01 AM   #8
Gee
Silver Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActNup NY View Post
Lol !! As I'm reading ya post I'm thinking Jerky Boys. Lol !! What a d$ck !! Don't worry about that fool I'm sure by next week he'll be out of business. With his "excellent customer service". Some people live in denial . SMH !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh man!! Youre almost spot on. The guy I spoke to, sounded a lot like the shorter white guy from jersey boys, when he does his jersey accent LOL i was having a hard time not laughing at the guy while on the phone.

Yeah, I try not to get upset. But I'm a small business owner. I work my ass off 12 hours a day. When I'm given the PRIVILEGE of speaking to a customer, they have my undivided attention and I will let them call the new Galaxy S5 an Galaxy Fartknocker for all I care, as long as i can help them out and earn their business. Maybe that's just me.