Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-19-2014, 09:29 PM   #29
Dubscamaro
Living Life in MPH.

Drives: 15 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMY1LE View Post
I appreciate your concern for my rims but I can assure you I didn't hit the curb, yes very close but that is the point of this post. I took the necessary precaution of parking all the way to one side. Rims are perfect !!!
props to you, young Jedi! haha but really, I would curbed my rims if I tried that :(
Old 05-19-2014, 09:46 PM   #30
captain2slow

Drives: '14 2SS
I seen the gator plate...that was all I needed to see... dang..
captain2slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:50 PM   #31
captain2slow

Drives: '14 2SS
Living in Central Europe...a person would get a ticket for putting tires on the parking spot line..as long as you were inside your car park space you were fine...
captain2slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:00 PM   #32
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
When we take the precautions you took for your car, it was like giving that poop stain an invitation to share your space. At least that's how people do me when I park. I'll park so where in Egypt and someone just has to park on top of my car.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:10 PM   #33
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Clearly that driver has issues with objects being *much closer* to the right side of that car than they appear in the mirror.

I'm not offended by the way people park. I'm scared of how people park. They're zombies. To see someone exercise due diligence and back in straight, leave space, or line up in a space correctly is the exception, never the norm. Most people are shameless and it would never occur to them that they might offend or anger someone with their lack of regard or respect.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:42 PM   #34
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Every one of these were what I walked out to see upon returning to my car - albeit sometimes not my Camaro. The BMW was, believe it or not. (I knew the guy with the G20, so I knew he wouldn't mess with my car.)

shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:46 PM   #35
a7888ku

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT
This is why I do this from time to time. The other Summit White w/Heritage Grill followed suit.
Attached Images

a7888ku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:28 AM   #36
Beaver Creek

Drives: 2011 Camaro Synergy II
Quote:
Originally Posted by acatlover13 View Post
This is what we came out to find after our dinner at a local Mexican restaurant. This Infiniti G37 is my daily driver and we were not in the Camaro, or I might have gone wicked crazy on this guy. Thankfully we were able to find one of those dream extra wide spots and hug the right side as no one "should" park to our right. This guy decided he needed both spots, and couldn't believe that we were upset!!!! (He was still close to his truck when we discovered his intrusion and commented on his stupidity)
I park carefully with my car and truck. So I get it...

But I don't really think this guy was out of line. I don't know how full the parking lot was, but he has a nice truck, and seems to me he parked closer to someone he knew cared about their car, and wouldn't hit him, rather than chancing a hit from the other side.

He didn't ding you, did he?

Now if his were a beater, i too would have had some words.

Lee
Beaver Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:39 AM   #37
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
If you look close to the left of the jack wagon beside you, you'll see the douch nozzle parked to the left of them is almost on the line. Probably started further up the row and trickled down. Only takes one idiot to screw up the whole parking lot.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:04 AM   #38
acatlover13
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro IOM/IO
Send a message via AIM to acatlover13 Send a message via Skype™ to acatlover13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaver Creek View Post
I park carefully with my car and truck. So I get it...

But I don't really think this guy was out of line. I don't know how full the parking lot was, but he has a nice truck, and seems to me he parked closer to someone he knew cared about their car, and wouldn't hit him, rather than chancing a hit from the other side.

He didn't ding you, did he?

Now if his were a beater, i too would have had some words.

Lee
No....this guy didn't even try. He just backed up and stopped. No attempt at getting straight, staying anywhere near his spot or anything. No, he didn't ding us, but that's not the argument. Thankfully, we got lucky and got the BEST spot at this particular restaurant, so it would have actually taken an effort for someone to hit us, but again....that's not the argument. It's just become epidemic for people to not give a $#!& about other people's property. I hope a big ole Hummer came in right behind us and parked all jacked up right next to this guy.....

And even if that was the case...why is he "normal" distance from me, and a country mile from the guy on the left...using 1/2 my spot to accomplish this?? No....he's just a dumbass...
acatlover13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:20 AM   #39
snake_623

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/LS3
This is one consideration I now have with my Camaro. I should say that I've always been considerate of other people's property. When I had my Jeep though, which had rocker protection with tubing, I did not have to worry. I was actually sitting in my Jeep one day when a lady let her door swing into my rocker protection. She got pissed at me for the damage to her door!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
snake_623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:24 AM   #40
JD's 45th
No one likes a copycat

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary SS/RS Vert
I park far - far away every time to find that some jackass parks right next to me or in front of me. I don't care what you drive. I respect all. Thankfully my Camaro is not my daily driver and I no longer take it to the store.
JD's 45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:25 AM   #41
BlueStreakHouTX

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acatlover13 View Post

And even if that was the case...why is he "normal" distance from me, and a country mile from the guy on the left...using 1/2 my spot to accomplish this?? No....he's just a dumbass...
BlueStreakHouTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:43 AM   #42
sticks88

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS ,2014 Rav4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
I pulled into the bank one Sunday morning to use the ATM.
I parked at the far end of the row. Someone pulled in and parked next to me.
Seven other spots open closer to the door.
Now THAT drives me crazy , when I park intentionally well away from others and come out and sometimes find cars on both sides of me. I think it's because they want to look at my car (might be just me thinking that I guess) , but I parked away supposedly to be safe.
sticks88 is offline   Reply With Quote